New Begode "Hero" Suspension Wheel

1 hour ago, KNZ said:

eWheels finally has their Samsung 40T heroes in stock. Y’know, if anyone was wondering. :whistling:

Just a shame BegodeWay has long since made the Hero obsolete with All their Newer suspension offerings and announcements! In fact, haven't they Already dropped it from their current lineup? :whistling:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Just a shame BegodeWay has long since made the Hero obsolete with All their Newer suspension offerings and announcements! In fact, haven't they Already dropped it from their current lineup? :whistling:

It costs too much as others have already pointed out. The rumor that some dealers were selling them at a discount turned out to be just a bait and switch when I tried to purchase one for $2200.

9 minutes ago, litewave said:

It costs too much as others have already pointed out. The rumor that some dealers were selling them at a discount turned out to be just a bait and switch when I tried to purchase one for $2200.

They don't cost too much if you value durability over max performance. For people who want one wheel for the next 2-3-4 or 5 years, the Hero is much better value than the S22 or even the Master.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Lol I honestly have no clue. Just thought I’d spread the news for those that are still interested is all ;)

On 10/28/2022 at 3:07 PM, fbhb said:

Most every top EUC reviewer loves the Hero and doesn't consider it obsolete at all.

Here we see Marty declare that it has the best build quality, and the best ride quality out of the Master, S22, and Hero.

And Marty is a guy with a pretty big budget for EUCs. For others with less of a budget and want/need something to last 3+ years, and have a $3k budget, the Hero is as good, and probably better value than any wheel out there, unless you like/need the range of the EX20

Skip to the end for the comparison to S22 and the Master. Absolutely nothing obsolite about the Hero.

And here's another comparison of the Hero to the Master, with the Master coming up short:

Both of these videos published within the last couple weeks.

Durability matters, especially in these economic times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Esash said:

Most every top EUC reviewer loves the Hero and doesn't consider it obsolete at all.

What can make an EUC obsolete though is a lack of any spare parts being manufactured.

17 hours ago, Esash said:

Here we see Marty declare that it has the best build quality, and the best ride quality out of the Master, S22, and Hero.

That’s interesting! Before Marty got his Master, he was all over how much smoother suspension and better ride feel his friend’s Master had over his Hero. Wantnewwheelism I guess?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That’s interesting! Before Marty got his Master, he was all over how much smoother suspension and better ride feel his friend’s Master had over his Hero. Wantnewwheelism I guess?

Maybe the high pedal height of the Master is exilerating at first, for some. I'm sure Marty loves all his wheels, and I'm not even sure he'd take the Hero over the Master or S22 if he could only have one of the three. 

I'm just saying he said the Hero had the best build quality and ride quality of the three. And for people without an endless EUC budget, the Hero is far from obsolete.  People just have a weird mental block about the Hero, which has a pretty strong case for being best all around general EUC out there, especially when you factor in build quality and reliability. Not too heavy for the trails, high but not too high pedals, no big worries about damage from crashes, no worries about rain, no worries about motor or board, narrow width which is more comfortable and nimble for trail and urban riding, one of the best screens, nice speaker, USB ports, and as many people forget, you can choose high torque or high speed version, which still has great torque.

image_2022-10-31_175125763.png

Edited by Esash
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Esash said:

Durability matters, especially in these economic times.

You're not wrong. In some ways I wish I'd had the budget available to get a new wheel when the Hero was rising star of the day - I think that may have been 'peak Begode', certainly in terms of build solidity. I think I have managed to bulk the Master up to a similar level of resilience, and if I can keep that going I'll be a very happy puppy, but it would have been nice to buy a wheel where the build was finished before you got it !

• Like 1