King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

1 hour ago, h3X said:

Please don't do like the video says and pump it to 250 bar. That would be 3625 psi! :blink1:

Oh hahahaha nice catch!!! That should have been PSI, not "par." Imagine trying to reach such a pressure with one of those dinky hand pumps! 😂

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 4:34 PM, fbhb said:

From looking at this original photo Kuji posted when he first received the pre-production S18, it clearly shows the H-666 fitted to both the V11 & the S18 (@mrelwood can confirm the tread pattern)  Now some confusion comes, when looking at the most recent video he posted that was filmed whilst holidaying in Sanya, which definitely DID not have the H-666 fitted!  Kuji did mention that this S18 was sent to him whilst away in Sanya, so maybe he has actually been supplied TWO S18's by King Song (one went to his home, one went to his Hotel whilst holidaying)

I'm sure that King Song has mentioned somewhere online, that the various different tires seen on all the pre-production s18's are not the Final choice of tire and that it will in fact be the Chao Yang H-666.  The tire clearance issue, as I have already posted earlier in this thread (page 44), will be addressed as stated by @Jack King Song on Ian Speedyfeet's YouTube video comments!

V11 & S18 side by side!.jpg

Is Kuji's V11 rim already dented?

• Like 2

I watch this video it contains original kingsong s18 presure table and here is no love for 120+ KG/260lbs people? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

I watch this video it contains original kingsong s18 presure table and here is no love for 120+ KG/260lbs people? 

I need to diet😂😂 take full advantage 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

Attached table from video. Of course if they change the shock again as rumored then this won't be much use, and it will mean the pre-release footage and thoughts may not really apply  

C0779D62-5E0F-4BB5-A98A-E2D607C97950.jpeg

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 3

I think if you are seriously into suspension and can benefit from it, you should look at one of these wheels. 

I would avoid falling into the hype and the talk of all other wheels are not worth it now, etc. 

Kuji pads built in are great.. but the problem with that is, you now have no choice if you don't like that whole feel. Not everyone is kuji and wants to setup their wheel like he does. 

I like adding padding, but where I add it and how I set it up changes all the time. You can forget about that with this wheel, and even the v11. 

So I would say buy what works for you, and don't follow the hype on every little detail. 

Do your research and be happy with your purchase! 

Remember you are watching videos from influencers and people who get sponsored, etc. They are knowledgeable and fair, but always keep in mind how this works! 

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I think if you are seriously into suspension and can benefit from it, you should look at one of these wheels. 

I would avoid falling into the hype and the talk of all other wheels are not worth it now, etc. 

Kuji pads built in are great.. but the problem with that is, you now have no choice if you don't like that whole feel. Not everyone is kuji and wants to setup their wheel like he does. 

I like adding padding, but where I add it and how I set it up changes all the time. You can forget about that with this wheel, and even the v11. 

So I would say buy what works for you, and don't follow the hype on every little detail. 

Do your research and be happy with your purchase! 

Remember you are watching videos from influencers and people who get sponsored, etc. They are knowledgeable and fair, but always keep in mind how this works! 

I know what you mean , I've ordered the V11 and if the suspension saves me from that one pot hole or bump that throws me in the air I'll be happy 👍

The flat stem on the v11 looks like it could hold some pads just don't stick it to the other part lol

Going down curbs and little stairs jolt my knees so hopefully it will help there I'm not depending on suspension but I'm sure it will help in places when needed plus the Inmotion looks well built and has plenty of features going for it , roll on August 😊😊

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 6:38 PM, Jj Luo said:
This is the response I got from Ewheels.
"We do have a 780Wh King Song battery bank in stock, which if used with the S18 would get you up to 1890Wh, for $650. It would be carried in a backpack and trickle charge the main batteries.  
on some models, like the Inmotion, the moment you plug in the power, it cuts the motor. King Song permits you to charge-on-the-go. 

For the question about the rate of charge, relative to consumption, it's rated for 3A x 84v = 252W, anything excess of this & you'll be operating in 'deficit mode'. It should not affect the battery longevity at all.  "

https://www.kingsong.com/show-45-37.html found it, it can output 84V. says so on the sticker on the side. :) just need a distributor in the UK for this.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

In the final unit, we'll use better pads that are more durable and thicker for better handling. 

I have seen enough to preorder The S18 and just did so moments ago. Will get mine out of the second batch in late August. The gentleman in the French video is someone I highly respect, he is one of the best on the electric unicycle I’ve ever seen and I enjoyed his video. For me here in southwestern PA the roads are filled with potholes, rocks, bumps and the lot. I’d say out of the 5 times I’ve taken hard falls at speed three of them were due to holes (groundhog hole in grass I didn’t see and two potholes). Would like to increase my chances of less damages to my rib cage as I took hits across my frame even fully geared up. At 38 it’s just not worth it. 

I Am however impressed with the V11 and will be getting it for my daughter when she gets a little older. The V8 is plenty for an 11 year old and she can keep up with me on my KS16. I think we will figure out a way to install a kuji pad in the moving section of the pedal shock to lock down feet. My daughter used to fall off when going down hills and after adding kuji pads and new grip tape she stays put. 

I will then take the V11 out for night riding...:)

Edited by EUChristian
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

I have seen enough to preorder The S18 and just did so moments ago

Congratulations! August is not too far away and any annoying bugs should be worked out by then.

Gotta love Hirsute and his amazing skill level. It really bothered me that he received such unfair criticism after winning first place in my 2016 EUC contest (featured in the video). He remained a gentleman throughout the entire ordeal.

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Gotta love Hirsute and his amazing skill level. It really bothered me that he received such unfair criticism after winning first place in my 2016 EUC contest (featured in the video). He remained a gentleman throughout the entire ordeal.

Wow; I hadn't heard about that...  Is wonder if that why he is not around here much anymore?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nic said:

French again...

in this episode he points out as the first that the wheel is probably not for people that are on the smaller side... because of the position of the knee against the wheel? I have no clue what size he is ;) nor can I imagine that a chinese product is not taking in account smaller people? but besides the other good points that was something that got stuck in my mind after viewing this good review... 

Interesting is that so far only Kuji has mentioned adjusting the Height of the footplates so the built-in Kuji pads fit your ankle. It seems like this is exactly what was needed in this case.

i wonder if the height adjustment is not officially supported, is not very easy,  or they will be changing it so Kingsong has not been having the reviewers discuss it. Seems like it would be a major feature, the lack of discussion on this point by the early reviewers is puzzling.  

1 minute ago, FreeRide said:

Interesting is that so far only Kuji has mentioned adjusting the Height of the footplates so the built-in Kuji pads fit your ankle. It seems like this is exactly what was needed in this case.

i wonder if the height adjustment is not officially supported, is not very easy,  or they will be changing it so Kingsong has not been having the reviewers discuss it. Seems like it would be a major feature, the lack of discussion on this point by the early reviewers is puzzling.  

yep, to me it was clear that you could move the pedals up and down by adjusting a screw , but I keep on seeing people doubting and that is contagious , I wonder if I understood it right? But this will only resolve the ankle/pad problem, nothing to see with knee frictions problems, but the knee issue he is referring too will probably easily resolved by padding.. although I have to say I would prefer my knee not to touch the wheel (in my case this won't be a problem since I am 1m80) for easy manoeuvring ..

btw in the review of mr flex, you can clearly see his wider stance while riding on the S18, it seems as he is not using the pads at all ? I wonder if it has to do something with his footsize (they look rather big ;)  ) ? or that he was unable to adjust the screw? since they were doing a group review? I can't remember any of the three covering that topic either but that could just be me forgetting it... 

7 minutes ago, Cumulus Libre said:

yep, to me it was clear that you could move the pedals up and down by adjusting a screw , but I keep on seeing people doubting and that is contagious , I wonder if I understood it right? But this will only resolve the ankle/pad problem, nothing to see with knee frictions problems, but the knee issue he is referring too will probably easily resolved by padding.. although I have to say I would prefer my knee not to touch the wheel (in my case this won't be a problem since I am 1m80) for easy manoeuvring ..

There was clarification from Kuji where he mentioned several screws so it is clear now what he was talking about.  No mention of adjustment range, or official status yet that i've heard. 

Edited by FreeRide

1 hour ago, Cumulus Libre said:

btw in the review of mr flex, you can clearly see his wider stance while riding on the S18, it seems as he is not using the pads at all ? I wonder if it has to do something with his footsize (they look rather big ;)  ) ? or that he was unable to adjust the screw? since they were doing a group review? I can't remember any of the three covering that topic either but that could just be me forgetting it... 

Some people have their knees inwards (unlike mr flex and chooch for example) might be it. "Bonheur sur seine" also mainly ride 16" wheels, and while the Nicolas is tall, the sides slides, not being grippy. (just some guessing of course)

• Like 2