King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

After watch Euco unboxing, I realized that the lift switch is mostly not available for this wheel :(
I meant, what you need to do (put the button and pull out the handle) is mostly the same with turn off the wheel and then lift.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

After watch Euco unboxing, I realized that the lift switch is mostly not available for this wheel :(
I meant, what you need to do (put the button and pull out the handle) is mostly the same with turn off the wheel and then lift.

Yup.

48 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

Well the lift switch is when you lift the trolley to carry position. In  ride or trolley possition it will balance due motor is engaged.

If you turn off the wheel you normally loose BT connection (if your tour tracking, not good) and you have a boot up time turning on the wheel.

So it has benefits to use lift handle possition. So that is a new solution to previous design.

I just this the V11 way is better solution. A fixed lifting handle with a button activating when you lift the wheel.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of pushing buttons while lifting. KS solution isnt a bad one, as at least theres no lift sensor calibration issues going to arise. I'd rather not have to lift the trolley at all to lift the wheel (like previous models), but it sure beats me having to worry about holding a button like on my retarded gotway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I'm not a fan of pushing buttons while lifting. KS solution isnt a bad one, as at least theres no lift sensor calibration issues going to arise. I'd rather not have to lift the trolley at all to lift the wheel (like previous models), but it sure beats me having to worry about holding a button like on my retarded gotway.

Absolutely agree. The button on my MTen3 is incredibly annoying. I wouldn’t even mind the button that much if it was designed in the least bit for comfort. Instead it’s literally a pain to hold in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

What stood out for me in his review and EUCO's unboxing:

• The separate clear plastic in front of the headlight is open from the bottom, making a dust trap in front of the headlight.
  • The lights really pale next to the V11.
  • Filling the top compartment of the shock traps the pump hose.

Yeah, I was immediately disappointed about the dust trap potential of that window in front of the light. Hopefully not too much dust gets kicked up in there. At least it seems like it would be pretty accessible to clean. In terms of brightness, I don't know if EUCO's video really showed the brightness. If the light behaves anything like my 16X did, it is actually significantly dimmer when not in motion. My GotWays are like that too, actually. Kinda nice to keep from blinding people when I'm not moving. I'm sure the S18 is not as bright as the V11 though, that thing is the real deal!
As for the trapping of the pump hose, it has been shown that you can access the valve through the hole in the side of the case (I wonder if that's why that hole is so large, I had no idea why it was larger than necessary to expose those bolts.) Kinda finicky I guess, but lots of shocks have their valve in a very similar position unfortunately. Better than having to sit on the wheel, though.

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

If you are primarily a night rider than you should get the V11, if you are a daytime skatepark and quarry rider, the S18.

I don't know if I'm ready to become a "quarry rider", but do you have any thoughts about the upgrade appeal of either of these?

Specifically, coming from a previous model Kingsong or Inmotion; (Gotway owners would never consider a slower wheel an upgrade.)

20 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

If you are primarily a night rider than you should get the V11, if you are a daytime skatepark and quarry rider, the S18. I'll edit this as I think of more stuff but these are my initial thoughts.

I think there's lot's of ways of looking at it. If you want the best suspension then get the S18. If you want a range longer than 30 miles or need the best headlamp out there AND never have to lift the wheel then get the V11. I'd be very happy with either.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I think there's lot's of ways of looking at it. If you want the best suspension then get the S18. If you want a range longer than 30 miles or need the best headlamp out there AND never have to lift the wheel then get the V11. I'd be very happy with either.

This is a great a point. Most of us would be happy with either... suspensionwill be a game changer, especially for new riders like me where pot-holes and unexpected curbs jolt the bejeezus out of me. 

30 miles is ok for me, many may see it as a deturrent though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

Jumped on the S18 tonight. $1580 shipped to the USA, couldn’t resist. 

Wow! Seems a steal of a deal. I am under the impression that I'll be paying a tad more. Where'd you order from? Not that I'd change mine, just curious. Congrats!

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Wow! Seems a steal of a deal. I am under the impression that I'll be paying a tad more. Where'd you order from? Not that I'd change mine, just curious. Congrats!

China.  :)

• Like 1

You know, I'd hate to admit it, but I think  I'll miss having speakers on the sks18. Its not a big deal and theres MANY ways to overcome it. I just do kind of enjoy a slow scenic ride thru the hood on my 18L with music playing. Again, no big deal. Battery space is scarce, so I can understand the compromise.  All the more reasons to own more than one variety I suppose.... Cmon shipping date, I'm wondering if Jason has a concrete timeline or if theyre still trying to hire a glue guy for final?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You know, I'd hate to admit it, but I think  I'll miss having speakers on the sks18. Its not a big deal and theres MANY ways to overcome it. I just do kind of enjoy a slow scenic ride thru the hood on my 18L with music playing. Again, no big deal. Battery space is scarce, so I can understand the compromise.  All the more reasons to own more than one variety I suppose.... Cmon shipping date, I'm wondering if Jason has a concrete timeline or if theyre still trying to hire a glue guy for final?

I went from owning two wheels with speakers to none in an instant (Nikola is getting sold when the S18 comes), so I'm also not sure how I'll adjust to not having speakers for GPS.  I do have a bluetooth neck speaker, but that's one more annoying gadget to charge that I'd rather not bother with.  I'm sure I'll adjust, I just won't be overly happy about it! This will probably be more of an issue on the Sherman than the S18, since S18 is comparatively short range.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RayRay said:

I don't know if I'm ready to become a "quarry rider", but do you have any thoughts about the upgrade appeal of either of these?

Specifically, coming from a previous model Kingsong or Inmotion; (Gotway owners would never consider a slower wheel an upgrade.)

I'd say the v11 is definitely a great upgrade to any Inmotion wheel. The s18 is only worth it if you are coming from a wheel smaller than the 16s strictly because of the battery. I can't imagine many people will sell their 16x or 18xl to purchase an s18. 

P.S. I've heard reports of the v11 not being a good mountain wheel or rainy weather wheel. Just throwing that out there

Edited by Flyboy10