WaveCut

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

So shouldn't i charge my 16x with my 5 amp charger 😬😬 

If KS says it’s ok, then sure. In my understanding they have cleared the 16X for 5 (or was it 4?) amps per port. But don’t quote me on that, I really don’t remember exactly. I’m sure the official rating is relatively easy to find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

If KS says it’s ok, then sure. In my understanding they have cleared the 16X for 5 (or was it 4?) amps per port. But don’t quote me on that, I really don’t remember exactly. I’m sure the official rating is relatively easy to find.

ive used the 5 amp charger on the KS16S for over three years, and on the 18XL for almost two.. no issues. i believe its 5 per port

• Like 1

I have a V11 on pre-order as my first ever wheel. Asked around on here and did video research and a lot of folks have been saying that these suspension wheels would make for great wheels to start on, but something is worrying me a little bit with V11 being my starter: the pedal height. The increased pedal height on the production model seems... really damn high! I'm worried it's going to make my learning process (and my falls) a lot harder.

But I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong, at least. Anyone have any insight as to whether or not I should be worried? I'm looking into maybe picking up a used, weaker wheel in the secondhand sales forum to learn with while I wait for the V11.

Edited by rexdelmolvo

21 minutes ago, rexdelmolvo said:

I have a V11 on pre-order as my first ever wheel. Asked around on here and did video research and a lot of folks have been saying that these suspension wheels would make for great wheels to start on, but something is worrying me a little bit with V11 being my starter: the pedal height. The increased pedal height on the production model seems... really damn high! I'm worried it's going to make my learning process (and my falls) a lot harder.

But I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong, at least. Anyone have any insight as to whether or not I should be worried? I'm looking into maybe picking up a used, weaker wheel in the secondhand sales forum to learn with while I wait for the V11.

I'll be straight with you.

A Starter EUC is a older and/or cheaper wheel, sometimes out of production models. Production wise, majority of learners versions are   Mten3, V5, even V8.

V11 is not a learners wheel, It's like buying yourself a BMW R1150GS but you don't even know how to ride yet.

You have to gotta start on something in the 125CC category like a suzuki vanvan or what.

Now, im not saying you can't start on a high end model, like the V11, if you think you can handle it and have the funds to spare. sure. knock yourself out.

However, i rarely heard or seen a learner driver use a 2020 landrover/porsche/bmw  or a whatever high end cruiser vehicle to practice on and came out without a few dings at best and more unfortunate outcomes i don't want to mention. 

Unless your superhuman powers is balancing/learning, I'm just saying that you better prepared your V11 for some hard knocks.

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rexdelmolvo said:

It's going to be a month maybe till you get the v11 so look on eBay etc and get yourself a $200 wheel then you've got a month to get comfortable ,you'll pick it up in a few days 👍, if you can't find one just make sure you put carpet underlay around it when practicing ,, and yeah don't put all the air in the Suspension then pedals will be lower , but because you've never ridden a wheel before you wont know the difference so you'll get use to it

• Like 3

If your like to follow @Seba on his journey or see how his battery and voltage are holding up follow his channel

https://euc.world/tour/589182265377351

He's done 38 mile's so far with with 33% battery and 71v left that maybe underload,i hope the go home mode works for him or he's near a charger 😁 

Screenshot-20200806-130554-com-android-c
Screenshot-20200806-130610-com-android-c
Screenshot-20200806-125818-com-android-c

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, stephen said:

If your like to follow @Seba on his journey or see how his battery and voltage are holding up follow his channel

He's done 38 mile's so far with with 33% battery and 71v left that maybe underload,i hope the go home mode works for him or he's near a charger 😁 

I made a stop for charging and some drink, but I'm going to continue my ride. 80 km left... The only problem is that it seems that my air springs are leaking. Unfortunately I decided not to take an air pump with me :( I will however buy one.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Seba said:

I made a stop for charging and some drink, but I'm going to continue my ride. 80 km left... The only problem is that it seems that my air springs are leaking. Unfortunately I decided not to take an air pump with me :( I will however buy one.

So just one side is leaking can you tell the difference in the irregularities ,, thx for the update 👍 

42 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

This thread is too bloody long - we need v11 debate on more specifik topics methinks.

Yes I’m a late comer to the thread. Looking for the final spec sheet after changes. Anyone have that?  It is 35MPH over 80% now correct?  

Edited by EUChristian
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

Yes I’m a late comer to the thread. Looking for the final spec sheet after changes. Anyone have that?  It is 35MPH over 80% now correct?  

35mph over 80%
31mph over 30%

1 hour ago, EUChristian said:

You can find details on the Inmotion announcement threat. It kinda help if you just want specifics, but part of what make this thread long (and imo interesting) is you can see how Inmotion have responded to feedback. We have seen KS being somewhat responsive too. But Inmotion are setting so many new standards with the V11 launch. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stephen said:

Screenshot-20200806-130554-com-android-c
Screenshot-20200806-130610-com-android-c
Screenshot-20200806-125818-com-android-c

Interesting. But with an average of 13mph , it's an awfully slow ride in my opinion. 

But that does give a good long distance range.

Anyone has tested the range with an average of 25mph (40kmh)? It's my average speed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rywokast said:

there is absolutely no question that increased pedal height makes for more difficult mounting and dismounting, no matter your experience level.... all of the suspensionless wheels so far have been fairly similar though so its kind of hard to say unless someone who has it chimes in how big of a difference it makes, undoubtedly this would be a harder wheel to learn on, but that shouldnt turn you away... just make sure to pad it up :P if you were able to find a really cheap used wheel i think that would be smart since you dont want to smash up a 2000 dollar wheel the day you get it lol but i would say that to anyone not just because its a suspension wheel.... i mean, tecnically you could just take all of the air out and bottom out the shocks, they have stated this wont damage them and viola normal, non suspension euc.... youll still smash it up though haha

9 hours ago, onizukagto said:

I'll be straight with you.

A Starter EUC is a older and/or cheaper wheel, sometimes out of production models. Production wise, majority of learners versions are   Mten3, V5, even V8.

V11 is not a learners wheel, It's like buying yourself a BMW R1150GS but you don't even know how to ride yet.

You have to gotta start on something in the 125CC category like a suzuki vanvan or what.

Now, im not saying you can't start on a high end model, like the V11, if you think you can handle it and have the funds to spare. sure. knock yourself out.

However, i rarely heard or seen a learner driver use a 2020 landrover/porsche/bmw  or a whatever high end cruiser vehicle to practice on and came out without a few dings at best and more unfortunate outcomes i don't want to mention. 

Unless your superhuman powers is balancing/learning, I'm just saying that you better prepared your V11 for some hard knocks.

yeah, going with my second hunch & taking your guys advice. Going to keep the V11 pre-order, but I'm going to try and buy an mten3 off here to learn the basics. Hopefully I'm not on it for too long, haha. I had taken a few riders' advice of 'if you can afford it, just go for the wheel your heart desires, since you'll grow out of your learner fast', but if I can afford it... the old Old El Paso adage applies here very well. Still can't wait to ride that V11 :wub:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, rexdelmolvo said:

yeah, going with my second hunch & taking your guys advice. Going to keep the V11 pre-order, but I'm going to try and buy an mten3 off here to learn the basics. Hopefully I'm not on it for too long, haha. I had taken a few riders' advice of 'if you can afford it, just go for the wheel your heart desires, since you'll grow out of your learner fast', but if I can afford it... the old Old El Paso adage applies here very well. Still can't wait to ride that V11 :wub:

That's a good idea cause you'll want to keep the mten3 for fun

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, rexdelmolvo said:

I did that same thing, but I am dying for more speed and range right now. So much so that I am considering a bigger wheel to get me through. This wait is agonizing. I  also almost wish I didn’t get anything, ignorance is bliss. Learning wasn’t terrible, but I did drop my MTen multiple times. In fact yesterday a car almost ran a red light so I kicked it away and jumped out of the way. I think some wheel damage is unavoidable, unless you bubble wrap the bastard up. 

• Like 2

I did the same thing. Back in June when I was looking, I had decided on a V11 but didn't want to wait. So I ordered a KS14D to learn on. It's been a month and I have already outgrown it.  I put a down payment on a new V11 earlier this week.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seba said:

I know the V11 is supposed to be the quality option with reliability being one of it's major selling points but ... Marty had the motherboard blow on his wheel in his stress test, Duf had the wheel bearings go on his wheel after he road it in the rain, the saddle was snapped on Jimmy's video review and now you have the air shocks leaking on yours. I'd hate to see what an unreliable wheel was like. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I know the V11 is supposed to be the quality option with reliability being one of it's major selling points but ... Marty had the motherboard blow on his wheel in his stress test, Duf had the wheel bearings go on his wheel after he road it in the rain, the saddle was snapped on Jimmy's video review and now you have the air shocks leaking on yours. I'd hate to see what an unreliable wheel was like. :rolleyes:

when did marty do a stress test on the wheel... no youtube video and i didnt see any comments here... you sure youre not thinking about the sherman?

• Like 3