WaveCut

3 hours ago, Seba said:

So my conclusion is that you have to get the sweet spot precisely for your wheel, your weight and your preferences. And even just few psi of difference matters.

Interesting information. Did you adjust your negative chambers? 

3 hours ago, Seba said:

After some kilometers I was sure that V11 adds about 10% to speed and distance. And no, it's not a tyre problem as it's brand new and pumped quite high

I wonder what tire InMotion used when calibrating it. If they had that H-666 on, that could explain some of the difference. Fun fact: I noticed my 18Xl distance meter was very close to GPS on my long trips. On shorter trips it shows more but the difference is much smaller on long and straight rides. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Agreed. But having an official teardown video before launch is better then none, it's at least better then all the other manufacturers

The teardown video is cool but for the most part is useless. I watched it. You would not even use that video to change the board. In fact I can’t think of any part on the wheel that you would use that video for. They should make a couple of videos on how to change the most common parts and the most common thing on these wheels to change by far is the tire or the inner tube for the tire.

so it looks like my V 11 is basically a doorstop for a while until I can get a video and another tire. EWheels doesn’t have any tires yet. I’m sure they will in the future.

Edited by Patton250

5 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I was told that Inmotion speed reporting is more or less accurate with GPS for former wheels (V10/V10F) but evidently this didn’t keep for V11. I’m glad I cancelled my order for this wheel because even if it hit 55 kmh wheel-reported, its only good for 50 kmh actual speed, unacceptable. 

I will wait for the Gotway EX. 

4 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

The issue is the same as I have with Kingsong wheels; they advertise a 50kmh top speed when in the real world it’s closer to 45. It isn’t too much to ask for manufacturers to deliver advertised speed and range. 

If you want a wheel for speed is best to choose another brand but if you want an all-round well made euc with a decent speed ,,Ooh and suspension then the V11 is a good choice, to get the GPS right you have to ride in a straight line no carving, even car manufacturers speed doesn't match with GPS speed so it's not just Euc's

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I wonder what tire InMotion used when calibrating it. If they had that H-666 on, that could explain some of the difference

I've got a brand new H-666 just need a tyre changing video Oooh ! And a wheel 😁 but I'm hoping the V11 has a slight gyro affect with the tyre they chosen

• Like 2

7 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Exclusive Gotway / Veteran "Ex-Gotway" Sherman user and speed freak rider is disappointed that Inmotion isn't making a speed wheel that is exactly to the specific 55km/h mark....

Will wait until favourite manufacturer to make another poorly built wheel dat goes faster (and shake/crash itself to pieces faster).

In other news....Sky is blue. :rolleyes::whistling::roflmao:

We get the picture. Thanks for dropping by to tell us why you leaving. I will stamp your forum passport. Please remove shoes before departing. haha

It’s not even close to “exact”. 

4 hours ago, stephen said:

If you want a wheel for speed is best to choose another brand but if you want an all-round well made euc with a decent speed ,,Ooh and suspension then the V11 is a good choice, to get the GPS right you have to ride in a straight line no carving, even car manufacturers speed doesn't match with GPS speed so it's not just Euc's

I didn’t ask for a wheel built for speed. I asked for a wheel that delivers on promised specifications. Clearly V11 owners are okay with getting less than promised?

9 hours ago, onizukagto said:

See you in 2023.

When im riding my V12F :roflmao:

**Correction*** 

concerning the EX's release

"Not yet, but they have promised to ship us out the first EX to NYC for evaluation/testing, for the Rider & Reviewere community there to have a go. This first unit should be arriving the next 3 weeks. Probably late September-October for arrivals of the first mass-produced Wheels."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

It’s not even close to “exact”. 

I didn’t ask for a wheel built for speed. I asked for a wheel that delivers on promised specifications. Clearly V11 owners are okay with getting less than promised?

I have never seen a car that report correct speed in gauge. In general my cars reported 3-6 kmh more than real speed. 

This is set so to avoid to hou getting g cought in speed cams no matter slight tire size indifference.

But it really matters less to me. It is much more important that I have trust in the wheel and ride sensation. 

So "promised' speed is a non issue. If you are into speed at your absolute overshadowing priority, then go look for a GW is my best tip for you. Or Veteran but to me that is 2 different figures cut from same piece of wood. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chad Stingle said:

I have a production wheel from the first batch and the cap was designed to wrap around the hex to limit movement unlike the pre-production model.  While the cap is still threaded to the inner valve this helps limit it's movement by encapsulating the hex. I had herd others say their cap was plastic on the production model but mine is aluminum. 

okVi8AWB914nFTdiw24aLTjUN0nQXF42gBBlrptuwV3isJ3JZbUWNfqv8ffFJlMkyG5s1z-oVyeu_FP-Q3PgUe_UDLkwVGWxCxzH7sqXG3hAFcS-KNyAEh4BVQOBjvwQ7S06iYZP6KhsmUM1R3rsJZoafjCa6D3f0owU9tnkhV9Co3C08gbzZgDzhogWg4lcPn3LTRuIeQFRGf28qlV71AkDZ1x5sJXXf1tb0h8joXce12EbaDV_Vxijz8WLn51ojnTbdsMujn9kgHoevjU642KEBvTRfrxQxVGcf1F8a53qIjGLG49d_yFiusFKe2ZleFTJslAQsT5e8D2la3FZVLpz2awSKkVtk-NQZDsNaSZ9Wh7XGSmOGt5C4xqBO3tFVxEKrzEzYlBRpzwwWgKcYgn1_V13zdjAnzbokjfJklZdDxI7Hdn-8ydOp2dhHHx2KFy5HaYbPPKMmVbGMIC15uLoV7uHpEDL_4nSgaxpXeGcQzxQvVkyjKIABsqXxCNnH262Oi-K5MVhWqYyTze0c7kVv_n9cfjXRITwbRATdPzn0okd2gcnugC1O4mtZhbAGYW1s48ccwH6po8vEr41-L2HhLWNhnfL-71NYTViyQFC_ji9iwicDNRM7aKsKIaKnPHY3PocM1XC2FNHdfo0FtlAzvXxwCWXxHoPDLp9V__hywXNuQyg4lqYjxJvays=w1410-h1057-no?authuser=0

juRET0CE5KC1z8HlTXPwXM47klCYf3CpVxKKgwIFA1wPPBwKn1LFyGmTpj3OPnKWc1qRyJO4V-_XoBMICzY6-Z7SsvzI47ppsaRekXEvUbT8m43sbTq12PCbCowROFD-eYFBGfDojkZhH3y6fWloSl7VdNAjAuj0fhsjc3k4w7A2D4j_kAUE6zxK_o0u2qHIl_5QenY5RogSg3kFfxk9LRQyTw7EGaybxT_XNjfYK23b4g6jKjqlBUl5NQrcThrfIceO_uaqrejqefDE4c8D1seJbLWRp_N5pszZruDTonUrILiqkClg1a4z6yjgn_-wSXcDH2aqDMqedKLRz_fW2MiWLrGxkTTZXUxSQpERbh8uHORVgbygiVqV4krUWNWPRC0L0wGCr13QWhbmBLH6Xg22r5APh0J83DrpNOThBniVQ2ZuQRMnc1SF_RZyiyoIdNS0p_jWWbjKHyv0tsjoUC4VyLtmzZIUH6B9xf73HO7rbvh05XDyap_itW1oPCgQuD7q8apcATo7G1kFs7R8zBZ7vot4GkQjvIOkw4LVwoYtju-BPS-jsfIPI44eWRgh3-XjWuWsEM3Gpzk2RSkkS0UV-7nEjuZyUO0IXO4I8OZFfLzWi80fJq9yDgivkJwuKQxb6Y-rY70mBU9Ldcp7q7X36Jz2yJzSJeslZzyTk8w4-qWX47s37XmtIGCMtOo=w1410-h1057-no?authuser=0

Wish I could see these pictures because I'm getting conflicting information about the production covers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Another simple solution for keeping the cap from rotating loose is to wrap some plumbers tape on the valve.

The cap on my production version does not come loose and tightens easily by hand.    You can feel some type of spring building up as you tighten the cap.  I believe the aluminum cap itself is flexing and acting as a spring.    This is probably keeping the cap tight against the housing resulting in enough friction to keep the cap from loosening.  If the cap on the right side of the wheel impacts a rock I believe it could come loose.   But if there was an impact on the left shock cap, I would think it will only tighten the cap further.   :sleep1:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chad Stingle said:

The cap on my production version does not come loose and tightens easily by hand.    You can feel some type of spring building up as you tighten the cap.  I believe the aluminum cap itself is flexing and acting as a spring.    This is probably keeping the cap tight against the housing resulting in enough friction to keep the cap from loosening.  If the cap on the right side of the wheel impacts a rock I believe it could come loose.   But if there was an impact on the left shock cap, I would think it will only tighten the cap further.   :sleep1:

@Duf would beg to differ in your assessment. He has hand tightened his at first and still lost one. I almost lost one as well, it was barely hanging on when I got home from first ride. I now use a pair of channel-locks to tighten it and no more loose cap. :) 

58 minutes ago, prasket said:

@Duf would beg to differ in your assessment. He has hand tightened his at first and still lost one. I almost lost one as well, it was barely hanging on when I got home from first ride. I now use a pair of channel-locks to tighten it and no more loose cap. :) 

Sounds like there may be some variability in the first batch.  Sorry to hear your experiencing those issues with your model.  Either way it makes more sense to leave it on for the protection it provides 

Edited by Chad Stingle

36 minutes ago, Chad Stingle said:

Sounds like there may be some variability in the first batch.  Sorry to hear your experiencing those issues with your model.  Either way it makes more sense to leave it on for the protection it provides 

It's going to be interesting to see if over time people are breaking their valves from impacts. Of course if you never go on rocky off-road rides it'll probably never be an issue.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 3:09 PM, rexdelmolvo said:

yeah, going with my second hunch & taking your guys advice. Going to keep the V11 pre-order, but I'm going to try and buy an mten3 off here to learn the basics. Hopefully I'm not on it for too long, haha. I had taken a few riders' advice of 'if you can afford it, just go for the wheel your heart desires, since you'll grow out of your learner fast', but if I can afford it... the old Old El Paso adage applies here very well. Still can't wait to ride that V11 :wub:

I switched my preorder to a V11 from S18 last week. Looking forward to the 35mph speed as one of my number one reasons to switch to the V11. Can this issue with speed be fixed?

• Like 2