WaveCut

Thx for importrant info regarding the saddle -  Im not sure I fully understand the problem. The moving part (Saddle) is breaking screws under it by bumping into the screwholes ? Is  htat it (sorry 4 being an idiot, Im not a techie)  I have been in serious doubt about Kingsong s18 versus Inmotion v11, it seemed to me that Kingsong was  the safe solid and versatile choice. Should I change the order? its prob possible still for me.  Looking at the pix Im not sure I understand what happened but it sounds to me like the moveable parts of the wheel are screwing the screws so to speak, thats just not good enough.  

I have speedyfeet from UK as dealer and I trust his tech skills totally. He have reviewed Kingsong S18 and Sherman - but not yet Inmotion v11. Is it a batch 1 problem? 

broken sadle screw.jpg

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Im not sure I fully understand the problem. The moving part (Saddle) is breaking screws under it by bumping into the screwholes ?

Not exactly. The plastic saddle is attached to the metal frame (that forms the handle) with two screws, one in front and one in the back on each side. (On the top side. There are more attachment points bellow, where the batteries starts.) And apparently, the attachment points are thin pieces of plastic and can break, so the saddle is no longer attached at the top. (See the pic, the broken hole on the left should be around of the screw.) I guess this can happen if you lean too much against the saddle and put too much pressure.

But we still didn't see any real batch 2 wheel - the new wheels we see now are still from the first batch, but they were delayed to change the bearings and maybe to get a new charger - I remember there were some issues with that as well. So I'm curious if the saddle is thicker in the batch 2, or how they addressed it. Still, this is a sad but minor issue and if the saddle attachment is prone to cracking when I get mine (next month, maybe?), I will just put epoxy or something around it right away to make the part stronger. There seems to be plenty of space for that.

Edited by Zopper

InMotion-V11-Defect-Flaw-1024x629.png

The saddle at the top of the V11 gives room for the suspension system to move up and down, smoothing out bumps and drops. There is thin rubber padding attached to a plastic shell at the top of the saddle for your knees. Not enough padding to grip or leverage, but just enough to add a little comfort to your knees.

The apex of the saddle is attached to a sturdy metal frame which connects the suspension system, saddle, and handle. Where the saddle meets the handle there are 4 attachment points using screws and I see these areas as points of weakness in the body, especially during falls, especially if the saddle were to roll over or suffer a direct impact during a fall.

https://oneradwheel.com/comprehensive-inmotion-v11-review/

There is BLuetooth 4 BLE   what ever that means?   Can I have "helmet music" and still hear the wheel messages? 

I doubt you can redirect wheel alarms. 

It uses BT4.2 to communicate with phone app and upcoming watch from Inmotion.

9 hours ago, Zopper said:

Sad. :( But it’s nothing that can’t be fixed with epoxy, I hope. 

Well, I will see what my options will be after I get word from EUCO. But I’m gonna have to do something to keep it together. This will suck in a sense because it will make it harder to reach the top valve. It’s easiest to take the saddle off and pump air into it that way. Just hope I can get a replacement somehow. Even if I have to pay for it. Hopefully this saddle/screw problem doesn’t become a big issue with others. 

1 minute ago, Skywalker said:

I wonder if you modify with washers glued on each side of the saddle holes to beef it up and avoid the breaking issue.

I think the issue is that the surrounding hole on the plastic, where the screw goes in, is very thin. Don’t know if that would do anything. But it’s worth a try if I can get a replacement. Feel like some sort of strong epoxy/glue would maybe work. At the same time, I’m wondering if that could creat another issue. Like I said in my main post, I personally think this is a flaw in the design of the V11. But, I hope that I’m wrong and INMOTION can come up with a solution. Even if they recommend an epoxy fix. 

Hey guys, i'm shifting my sights from the S18 to the V11 thanks to Kingsong's recent betrayal of their loyal fans. 

Already know Inmotion wheels are more polished and much more well-designed to cope with the elements, but was wondering how it stands up to a bit of naughty riding? Anybody tried stairs, thick mud, etc? Are the downward facing valves a problem?

28 minutes ago, eve said:

@Marty Backe Marty what is your time when it premieres? For your europe watchers its 00:00. I have to go to work. :( Would really appreciate if you released 1 hour earlier next time, unless it mess up your US premiere time.

Yeah Marty your so inconsiderate to us over the pond 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

I don't think this is necessarily. 

I got my 1st batch V11 today. It shipped with out the red button caps. It had a standard black plastic valve cap on only. 

I were playing a goofing around using the pump. It does fully disengaged when you flick the switch and the negative chamber is very sensitive (as it is small) for changes. So I don't think it is leaks. I think it is about getting the right skills in the fingers using this pump/suspension system. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

Vagrant Sneaker 
I really wish I understood this problem better.  You mean the whole construction is wrong ? Moveable parts bumping in where they shopuild not sorry for being daft but I dont get ?  

9 hours ago, Zopper said:

Not exactly. The plastic saddle is attached to the metal frame (that forms the handle) with two screws, one in front and one in the back on each side. (On the top side. There are more attachment points bellow, where the batteries starts.) And apparently, the attachment points are thin pieces of plastic and can break, so the saddle is no longer attached at the top. (See the pic, the broken hole on the left should be around of the screw.) I guess this can happen if you lean too much against the saddle and put too much pressure.

But we still didn't see any real batch 2 wheel - the new wheels we see now are still from the first batch, but they were delayed to change the bearings and maybe to get a new charger - I remember there were some issues with that as well. So I'm curious if the saddle is thicker in the batch 2, or how they addressed it. Still, this is a sad but minor issue and if the saddle attachment is prone to cracking when I get mine (next month, maybe?), I will just put epoxy or something around it right away to make the part stronger. There seems to be plenty of space for that.

Thx for that explanation - the construction should not be epoxied thatll screw your warranty I guess ... 

1 hour ago, eve said:

@Marty Backe Marty what is your time when it premieres? For your europe watchers its 00:00. I have to go to work. :( Would really appreciate if you released 1 hour earlier next time, unless it mess up your US premiere time.

Sorry. It's impossible to accommodate every timezone on the planet :D so it is what it is :ph34r:

• Like 1

Vagrant Sneaker 
I really wish I understood this problem better.  You mean the whole construction is wrong ? Moveable parts bumping in where they shopuild not sorry for being daft but I dont get ?  

ONLY THE SADDLE. Just my thought and assumption....Basically, the way you maneuver with your legs on the saddle may be adding too much pressure to the sides of the saddles. If you’re consistently adding pressure from doing turns, breaking, etc. It may be adding constant pressure to the thin plastic around the screws. Maybe it can’t handle that pressure all the time. If this is the case, I would think it would be a flaw in the design. Imagine having to consistently replace these because of that. This means if you take a bad fall to one of the sides, I would suspect the plastic around the screws would easily also break from the impact.  But like I said, this is just me assuming. I’m trying to figure out the cause. It’s seems I’m not the only one with the issue. I just hope there’s a fix for it. 

Take this with a grain of salt until we figure out what could be the cause. I don't wanna scare others. Just wanna put what Im going through at the moment with the wheel. Other than that, LOVE the V11.

Edited by Vagrant Sneaker
  • Like 2