WaveCut

On 8/2/2020 at 10:40 PM, Inmotion Global said:

For me, V11 as the commuting wheel, I have ridden around 125 miles. At the very beginning, I feel that the pedal height is extremely high due to my previous experience on V8F. After 125 miles of riding, the akward feeling starts vanish. And it feels really good with such ground clearance especially when you are taking a hard turn or going down a curb.

The issue is not getting used to the height, it's that it's more dangerous if you fall, whether you're used to it or not. Still, it sounds like a great wheel. I was so disappointed with the V10, it felt like driving a bus. This one seems like the best wheel out there for the city. 

Edited by Spinner

48 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I doubt 10cm more or less makes a huge difference compared to risk comming with higher speeds. 

But I guess I will know soon as my V11 us  now being processed in EU custom. So hopefully I can report back how I deal with the height and my bad knees.

I certainly hope so but at 25kmh I can step off my usual wheels and land on my feet if the wheel has a sudden problem. Otherwise it would feel like quite a stretch with a much harder impact. I've also ordered one :) Perfect for potholes in Montreal :) 

On 8/9/2020 at 4:51 PM, AtlasP said:

The bigger speed advantage to the V11 is getting 50km/h all the way down to 1) 30% of a 2) 1500Wh battery, instead of getting 50km/h down to 1) only 50% of an 2) only 1110Wh battery. Taking these two variables in combination (throttling percent in conjunction with battery size), the V11 has nearly twice the amount of Wh to play with before throttling if you ride closer to its upper speed limit/stay in the upper 20s mph (1500 Wh * .7 = ~1050 UtWh compared to 1110 Wh * .5 = ~555 UtWh).

(I have proposed the term Un-throttled Wh or UtWh for this idea. I would love a slightly more sophisticated formula that takes into account the amount of voltage each wheel will drain to, although which would only change things by less than 5-10% But either way I think the overall concept of something like UtWh is not only sound but more meaningful/useful than merely either of Wh without throttling percentage or throttling percentage without Wh, when it is the combination of both that has any meaning/applicability in practice.)

I agree with you 100%. The throttling effect on usability is huge. I would like to see this calculation done for all late generation unicycles on the market and see how they stack up. Probably different on some more than others and more than people would think. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Howbout a $1 aerospace-grade solution (safety wire)

E2yac.jpg

I use to love safety wiring bolts on my chopper but in this case using anti-theft valve stem caps might be a quicker method.:)

50211472853_2dde507355_b.jpg

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I use to love safety wiring bolts on my chopper but in this case using anti-theft valve stem caps might be a quicker method.:)

50211472853_2dde507355_b.jpg

how would you ever get a hex key in there to get it off O.o

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:how would you ever get a hex key in there to get it off O.o

I was assuming that if you can insert your thumb and forefinger into the chamber to loosen/tighten the existing valve cap you can easily use the short end of the allen key to access the valve cap’s anti theft screw. Additionally the stubby end of the key could be shortened even further.

50212452252_4e31604caf_b.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I was assuming that if you can insert your thumb and forefinger into the chamber to loosen/tighten the existing valve cap you can easily use the short end of the allen key to access the valve cap’s anti theft screw. Additionally the stubby end of the key could be shortened even further.

i thought it was just big enough to fit the pump... no idea, i guess you could shorten the stubby end yea, if that works thats a good idea... though would a regular valve cap come loose? ive never seen one loosen in the slightest

If a cap doesn't firmly fill the opening, or go around the outside of the leg I think a rock struck could damage the valve. The original caps if threaded to the leg and not the valve stem would be a good idea. I don't know why the caps screw onto the most vulnerable part. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shield said:

I was thinking maybe something like this would work. Stretched over that whole bottom extension should protect it and the valve from damage.

https://www.amazon.com/Antrader-Inches-Diameter-Furniture-Protectors/dp/B07M8H2DW4/ref=sr_1_22?crid=XG7Q1SCMOT8Q&dchild=1&keywords=rubber+leg+tips&qid=1597115819&sprefix=rubber+leg%2Caps%2C216&sr=8-22

514Uqm27rmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A good option for keeping it clean. Being rubber it wouldn't provide much protection again any object impacts. I may take a trip to Home Depot to pick up some.

• Like 2

While I hate to put a damper on all the shopping option for the suspension valve cap replacement.

Just want to remind people that you need a cushioning medium to damper/lessen any impact and vibration transmitted to the valve and damaging it. Any thing that simple screw on to the valve won't be any better then the original. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

So my V11 delivery is getting closer. Estimated schedule is 13/8....

Now I  am going to make a set of videos about the V11, EUC riding and slightly about me. The last bit is to get an understanding of the lifestyle EUC can bring and what positive things it has done for me. 

Now this links into what I wrote here too. 

Hopefully thinks go as planned. This mean I have like a week to make stuff in my vacation. Later I will make more. But focus is to get the V11 and a mic and having a blast in my vacation. 

Nice! Will be fun to actually see your impression of the v11 and the legendary person behind The "UNVENTOR" :roflmao:

• Like 2

Hello Everyone,

New here. Got my V11 on August 10 (This past Monday). Wanted to share an issue that someone else mentioned.

I did my V11 preorder through EUCO and paid for the air freight. The V11 got delayed 3 times from the original release of July.  "InMotion encountered a production setback last week". That was pretty much the reason for all 3 delays. On the last delay, I assumed InMotion would fix the issues with the saddle cracking and not shipping the correct allen keys. Based on what Duf mentioned in his video.

I went out for my first ride to test the shocks, so I could adjust them to my weight. After about 45 minutes of riding, I went home to clean dirt off my unit because I was near a park riding at night and testing speed bumps. That's when I noticed that my saddle had broken off the screw (Image at the bottom pf the post); on the front right saddle. Today, I went out for a second ride and the same saddle broke on the back screw. 

I know something was mentioned that the screws were possibly tight from the factory. After the first breakage, I actually loosen the screws a little. But I guess that didn't have any effect. So now my saddle is making obvious noise when I ride it. Im a bit upset about it, but I guess that comes with the territory of buying a new design to the market. I contacted EUCO about the issue and they contacted Inmotion. I'm now waiting to see if they will send me a new saddle. In fact, I want to find out if I can buy saddles off of them to have as back ups.

I know they been working on this design for a couple of years, but, and I'm no designer, my gut feeling tells me this is a big flaw in the overall design of the V11. I think we will see a lot of people complain about this in the future when more customers get their hands on the V11. I think the saddle design should be something they need to look into in future versions with suspension on the V series. Though, the good part is that it is easy to replace. Im just hoping InMotion can make these available to order through their vendors. Hopefully they are not too expensive if they do so.

On a positive note, I LOVE THE DAMN THING. Having fun trying to find the right PSI for me, because the chart doesn't seem to match up correctly for me. I followed it and it seemed too stiff for my weight (I'm 190lbs). Love the smooth ride; compared to a V8 and ninebot a couple of friends I know have. That's what got me into getting one. They use it to commute to work and it's the same reason I use one. Overall, I am very happy, but at the same time, concerned about the saddle issue. In any case, looking forward to sharing my experiences with everyone here and reading about yours.

https://imgur.com/a/COCCAio

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

That's when I noticed that my saddle had broken off the screw (Image at the bottom pf the post); on the front right saddle. Today, I went out for a second ride and the same saddle broke on the back screw. 

Sad. :( But it’s nothing that can’t be fixed with epoxy, I hope. 

6 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

Hello Everyone,

New here. Got my V11 on August 10 (This past Monday). Wanted to share an issue that someone else mentioned.

I did my V11 preorder through EUCO and paid for the air freight. The V11 got delayed 3 times from the original release of July.  "InMotion encountered a production setback last week". That was pretty much the reason for all 3 delays. On the last delay, I assumed InMotion would fix the issues with the saddle cracking and not shipping the correct allen keys. Based on what Duf mentioned in his video.

I went out for my first ride to test the shocks, so I could adjust them to my weight. After about 45 minutes of riding, I went home to clean dirt off my unit because I was near a park riding at night and testing speed bumps. That's when I noticed that my saddle had broken off the screw (Image at the bottom pf the post); on the front right saddle. Today, I went out for a second ride and the same saddle broke on the back screw. 

I know something was mentioned that the screws were possibly tight from the factory. After the first breakage, I actually loosen the screws a little. But I guess that didn't have any effect. So now my saddle is making obvious noise when I ride it. Im a bit upset about it, but I guess that comes with the territory of buying a new design to the market. I contacted EUCO about the issue and they contacted Inmotion. I'm now waiting to see if they will send me a new saddle. In fact, I want to find out if I can buy saddles off of them to have as back ups.

I know they been working on this design for a couple of years, but, and I'm no designer, my gut feeling tells me this is a big flaw in the overall design of the V11. I think we will see a lot of people complain about this in the future when more customers get their hands on the V11. I think the saddle design should be something they need to look into in future versions with suspension on the V series. Though, the good part is that it is easy to replace. Im just hoping InMotion can make these available to order through their vendors. Hopefully they are not too expensive if they do so.

On a positive note, I LOVE THE DAMN THING. Having fun trying to find the right PSI for me, because the chart doesn't seem to match up correctly for me. I followed it and it seemed too stiff for my weight (I'm 190lbs). Love the smooth ride; compared to a V8 and ninebot a couple of friends I know have. That's what got me into getting one. They use it to commute to work and it's the same reason I use one. Overall, I am very happy, but at the same time, concerned about the saddle issue. In any case, looking forward to sharing my experiences with everyone here and reading about yours.

https://imgur.com/a/COCCAio

As far as im aware from the official representative, inmotion is sending replacement screws to all 1st batch owners, im not sure about the saddle parts though. 
Hopefully @Inmotion Global will respond and get back in touch with you/local dealer and find a solution in regards that.

• Like 1