WaveCut

4 hours ago, Oscapuss said:

Okay.  Got my second batch V11 yesterday (FYI - fellow Canadians, ordered from ewheels and came in 24 hours.  Duty was only 180 CAD...beauty).  Anyway wheel is great, build quality phenomenal in person.  Rides great.  However I'm getting this horrible noise from it at low/moderate speeds.  A vibration/whine noise. 

Post some video with the noise if you can. 

4 hours ago, Oscapuss said:

However I'm getting this horrible noise from it at low/moderate speeds.  A vibration/whine noise. 

49 minutes ago, Jpd said:

Mine makes that noise as well.

Can you guys make a video of that noise? How does the motor feel when riding and trolleying? Do you feel vibrations? I’m going through a motor change because of similar problem but mine was not just noise. The motor clearly skipped steps or something. Some noise is normal, though. 

22 hours ago, eve said:

In a recent video chat with Cobra Liam said they will be focusing on making Powerpads first and Seat after.

What he said was that they will come out this month or early next month. 

They also releasing a watch that can be used with any inmotion euc. It connects directly to the EUC instead of going trough your phone.

Thanks for your reply, If this month or next month for powerpads and seat, it’s very great and fast ... i search photos but always nothing available anywhere.

I hope a seat enough high and not to low.

I wish Bluetooth speakers and maybee leds but leds is not very essential ...

For the watch, it’s seem to bee a lcd screen or oled, i wish an E-link like Pebble for permanent on and big long time use. Now, with my Z10 i use EUC World and my Pebble, it’s very very great !

1 hour ago, BondZero07 said:

For the watch, it’s seem to bee a lcd screen or oled, i wish an E-link like Pebble for permanent on and big long time use. Now, with my Z10 i use EUC World and my Pebble, it’s very very great !

The hole point of the watch from Inmotion is direct link to Inmotion wheels (so no phone is needed) with horn and light control by buttons. "long" battery life and affordable. It has special OS and will only work for Inmotion. 

Demo units has been sent out to some YouTubers. 

Now I like the idea due to no phone and relativ low price tbc but about $100.

• Like 1

Can the watch and the phone both be paired with the wheel at the same time?  Using EUC.World for tracking is a must!

34 minutes ago, Unventor said:

The hole point of the watch from Inmotion is direct link to Inmotion wheels (so no phone is needed) with horn and light control by buttons. "long" battery life and affordable. It has special OS and will only work for Inmotion. 

Demo units has been sent out to some YouTubers. 

Now I like the idea due to no phone and relativ low price tbc but about $100.

I think the watch work also with other wheels and not only InMotion ? It’s a mistake for me or not ?

Buttons for horn and light work also with Pebble watch and EUC World.

If the screen from InMotion watch is not E-ink, it’s not for me ... and for tracking without GPS inside the watch, i must use my phone then not a bid deal.

17 minutes ago, BondZero07 said:

I think the watch work also with other wheels and not only InMotion ? It’s a mistake for me or not ?

I doubt that. Different wheels use different communications. It holds no Internet to use with different brands for Inmotion. But we shall see I only heard about this from Liam, but I have not tested it. 

3 hours ago, BondZero07 said:

Buttons for horn and light work also with Pebble watch and EUC World.

If the screen from InMotion watch is not E-ink, it’s not for me ... and for tracking without GPS inside the watch, i must use my phone then not a bid deal.

This depends if the EUC can handle more then one bluetooth connection. 

I think Inmotion can do it when splitting data and audio, because you need to pair it separately to pipe music. 

Based on this assumption, it might b free possible to maintain a connection with your phone and a watch. But to be honest, I'd that is what you want, you can do that already with EUC World. 

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

This depends if the EUC can handle more then one bluetooth connection. 

Bluetooth Low Energy are point-to-point connections and only one peer (client) may be connected at a time.

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

I think Inmotion can do it when splitting data and audio, because you need to pair it separately to pipe music. 

It's because there are two independent Bluetooth devices available: classic Bluetooth Audio for speakers and Bluetooth LE for app connectivity.

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

This would be a great solution for everyone that just need to get some basic data & control over their Inmotion wheel. I think that Inmotion watch will use LCD display and will provide decent battery runtime. But we'll see :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Or a bit easy er to get an idea from this earlier picture posted by Liam on WhatsApp some time back. 

Much better picture!  Now you can see what data is displayed.  Thanks!

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 6:29 AM, Coco66 said:

What would be left of the V11? 

The aim was to produce a different wheel aimed at different people but still using many of the internals of the V11. Just keeping the wheel, motor and batteries means you'd then have a relatively simple 18" touring wheel with a 3" wide tyre offering more comfort than the 18XL. Expanding the batteries a little would help. If it loses the turret and saddle on top then it would be far more robust in a crash and longer lasting in general. This would also make it easier to walk the wheel into a shop without security immediately objecting. Obviously you'd lose the powerful headlamp on the V11 but I could live with that as long as the replacement LED light is at least equivalent to the 16X. This would also get rid of the annoying whine from the headlamp fan. I like the faux carbon look of the wheel so I'd keep the current exterior. 

All these changes would make the wheel more affordable and lighter (apart from the extra batteries). I personally prefer a simple wheel shaped EUC but, if you wanted to keep the steampunk look of the V11 then you could have light pods protected by kuji pads supplied with the wheel alternatively the lighting could be built into either side of the shell. Doing all this would also allow Inmotion to widen their range of wheels without having to change a lot.

Anyone know how to do the horizontal calibration on the V11?  Do you do it while resting on kickstand or drop it forward onto fender like past inmotion wheels?

Side note; weird grinding/vibration chirp noise is now joined by a knocking sound coming from motor?  Might have to strip this thing all the way down and see what's going on inside.   

2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

The aim was to produce a different wheel aimed at different people but still using many of the internals of the V11. Just keeping the wheel, motor and batteries means you'd then have a relatively simple 18" touring wheel with a 3" wide tyre offering more comfort than the 18XL. Expanding the batteries a little would help. If it loses the turret and saddle on top then it would be far more robust in a crash and longer lasting in general. This would also make it easier to walk the wheel into a shop without security immediately objecting. Obviously you'd lose the powerful headlamp on the V11 but I could live with that as long as the replacement LED light is at least equivalent to the 16X. This would also get rid of the annoying whine from the headlamp fan.

IMO there's zero chance InMotion would use lights that are anything less than the V11's lights. (Maybe on future revisions of the V8/V10 at their price points, but not at $~2k prices and beyond.) That category of lights is here to stay on high-end InMotion wheels at least (while the rest play catch-up).

Also the changes to the headlamp & headlamp fan--throttling brightness and corresponding fan speed when at lower speeds/especially when trolleying--really mitigates any issues with the noise, it's now only loud when you really get going, and at those speeds you can't really hear it anyway.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

That's it, guys! I had my first dream about the v11 last night... 🙄 That feeling of pogo sticking it up a set of stairs was completely magical! 🤯 Now I just have to try it in real life, too... 😬

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Unventor said:

IMG-20200414-WA0000.thumb.jpg.81a4e56c45f84111da96718a8ba6b228.jpg

Or a bit easy er to get an idea from this earlier picture posted by Liam on WhatsApp some time back. 

I like they are true to the Inmotion colours: black and orange. 

Nice but with lcd or oled display i kept my Pebble watch with E-ink ... just the InMotion watch work without phone but no gps i think then it’s not enough for my use.
But maybee, InMotion make a surprise and kill the game with big new things in the watch. I wait the news ! ;-)

1 hour ago, BondZero07 said:

Nice but with lcd or oled display i kept my Pebble watch with E-ink ... just the InMotion watch work without phone but no gps i think then it’s not enough for my use.
But maybee, InMotion make a surprise and kill the game with big new things in the watch. I wait the news ! ;-)

There is no reason it should not have GPS. 

I too dream of pogo-ing up stairs. My fear is that the stairs will be just a tiny bit too tall or I’ll be going slightly slow for the maneuver and will face plant. This fear is bred from normal wheels but I think the metric which changes the probability of pulling this off is my weight. I’m a 220 rider. My 11yr old can go up curbs because she weighs close to nothing. Is it possible to go up stairs when you weigh as much as I do?  I get the whole preload to jump up a single curb thing...just wondering how traveling up multiple stairs would work for me (and I’m assuming the stairs are half the height of normal stairs in the US, which I would think would be impossible for anyone to go up (all the videos I see are people going up stairs that are not meaty as high as traditional stairs). 

5 hours ago, EUChristian said:

Is it possible to go up stairs when you weigh as much as I do?

I weigh about 95 kg geared up, and riding down stairs and up curbs works fine (on my 16" V8 without suspension), but I haven't graduated to stair climbing yet...

The watch is really a gimmick, no point choosing that over say a galaxy watch that can do so much more and already works with EUC World.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

The watch is really a gimmick, no point choosing that over say a galaxy watch that can do so much more and already works with EUC World.

I guess on advantage is you don't have to carry a phone to use it. The display is also very easy to read though why you need to show speed to a decimal point I have no idea. There's also the small matter of cost,  a galaxy watch costs £400 while this will hopefully be a lot cheaper. If you'd suggested a pebble watch rather than the galaxy then I might of partially agreed with you. Anyway, neither watch will go round your wrist when you're wearing wrist guards.

• Like 1