WaveCut

3 hours ago, Skywalker said:

Bought a pair just for riding, seen too many new riders twisting ankles or getting ankle hit by pedals.

Ankle meeting pedal took me out for a good 2 weeks once...steel toe shoes are also a good idea. 

32 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

My tips on pumping up the shocks on the V11, including demonstrations and recommendations for the negative chamber:

Great tips as always. Thanks for posting. Easy to remember too!

Edited by Skywalker

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

My tips on pumping up the shocks on the V11, including demonstrations and recommendations for the negative chamber:

Great video! How did you come up with the sag recommendation? Usually the rule of thumb is 25-30 % of the suspension travel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Nice video mate I'll keep this in mind when mine eventually gets here 👍

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Thanks! The recommendation is purely based on my own experiences while testing various ride heights and shock pressures on different surfaces. My supporting reasoning is that:

- The V11 shock doesn’t mind if bottomed out, but...

- The rider does mind quite a bit if he leaves the pedals in a bump. I think @Hsiang can tell you more about it...

- One should still ride with very slightly bent knees, so the knees will help in the largest of bumps if the shock bottoms out.

- A 3-3.5 cm (35-40%) sag simply feels nicer and has better control on the V11 than 2.1-2.5 cm (25-30%), on rough dirt roads, cracks on the pavement, riding down curbs, etc.

I can add that since my feet do not overhang the front of the pedal more than about 1cm I use my angle as pivot point too combined with slight bend knees too. 

So when pedals drops from a curb, I kind of stand on the toe/front of the foot palm and as my weight get closer to push the pedals down I relax in both angle and knees. Due to my bad knee this has been my extra suspension to cope with impacts but it helps to maintain near contact with pedals. 

It is something you need to be expirea ced on how to handle if pedals or shoes are wet. So you don't slip forward. Might not be possible for big feet people I guess. 

I hope my explanation makes sense. 

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Unfortunately I don’t own a V11 but I applaud  your professional  instructional video on setting up the suspension.  :cheers:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Very nice and professional guide. 

Your 103kg is that with gear or normal cloth or nature style😉

29 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Very nice and professional guide. 

Your 103kg is that with gear or normal cloth or nature style😉

Thanks! Good point, 103kg is with home clothing. Hadn’t weighed with riding gear before, but it is 108 kg.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WebDev said:

So is no one going to mention that the V11F was brought up in TheBlackCobra's live interview with Liam?  It sounds like it will be their next release, out early next year.

Nope, yearlier next year will be relesed other wheel without suspension. Something like v11F can be released after.

Edited by Sergey

14 minutes ago, WebDev said:

So is no one going to mention that the V11F was brought up in TheBlackCobra's live interview with Liam?  It sounds like it will be their next release, out early next year.

I wonder if I should wait for the spring after all... :D

23 minutes ago, WebDev said:

I believe a lot of us knew about it before from another interview Liam did a month ago. He mentioned it then also. Forgot who was interviewing him though. It wasn't as detailed though as far as information. But I could be wrong...

Edited by Vagrant Sneaker

It would definitely make sense to make the V11F model. There are plenty of people willing to buy it at premium. Me included. It only takes a little modification in manufacturing and parts and allows for the same mode to be fresh throughout 2021. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniVehje said:

It would definitely make sense to make the V11F model. There are plenty of people willing to buy it at premium. Me included. It only takes a little modification in manufacturing and parts and allows for the same mode to be fresh throughout 2021. 

So you would prefer that over a suspension wheel? Since there will be another one with suspension and they are saying that the V11 2.0 will be the last without suspension.

1 minute ago, UniVehje said:

I have not heard of a V11 without suspension. I know their next wheel will be without suspension but it’s not a V11. It’ll be a 16” wheel. Makes no sense to make a premium wheel without suspension anymore. 
The answer to your question is absolutely not, I would not buy another wheel without suspension. 

That makes total sense. I just used V11 2.0 because it was thrown around in the interviews. But obviously, we don't know the official name. I for one, would buy their next suspension wheel if its upgraded in distance, battery and volts. Im sure everything they learned from the V11 will make their next wheel with suspension, I would HOPE, so much better.

8 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Makes no sense to make a premium wheel without suspension anymore.  

Talk for yourself. I quite like the idea of a version of the V11 without suspension and without all that breakable stuff sticking up at the top of the wheel (saddle, turret, lights etc). Removing all of that would make the wheel more robust, cheaper, lighter, more waterproof and better looking (in my eyes). They could have pads added to the sides - not only adding to control but also offering some protection. Reusing the motor etc means cheaper development/production costs in producing a new wheel. I also don't want to spend 2K on a wheel, particularly when they're not even legal in my country meaning it could get taken off me by the police at any moment.

10 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I am a bit late to race, has InMotion stated what enhancements will accompany the V11F model?

No official name for the wheel yet.

But here is what Unventor listed. Most of these were talked about last month in another interview. Only three new things they mentioned today was "The Fastest to date IM wheel, non-susupension and new release window set early/spring 2021. The old stuff known was "16", AI , battery swap possibility (investigation), was due to release in October, option for external battery,"

• Like 1