WaveCut

oh so thats what you meant... 

And yeah. Every first batch S18 has a badly assembled suspension linkage. They all need to be fixed. 

33 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

NO mrelwood is debating wheels you are attacking a person, again.... talk for youssef mate.

Go scroll trought Mrels responses for me and then tell me whos attacking who.

34 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

as the wheel doesn’t turn very tightly, tire slips easier, and the side contours being of no use to my legs they only make the pads very narrow bringing only discomfort

I didnt not say anything about this statements. Zero, null. So i have no idea what you want from me. 

I dont want to shut him up. I want him to stop fangirling. Its very annoying and i think im not the only one who thinks that.

Hes starting to sound like a broken record. I dont mind him discussing things at hand but...

Can he leave out the "INMOTION is King! KINGSONG is s**t!" statements inbetween the lines? 

Yes we know. Second batch V11 are problem free, hurray. Good for anyone who get them. 

@Unventor Its a two-way street considering he has to quote everything i say. I would not mind his replies if they added something to the discussion but most of them dont. 

Im not a fanboy of either i consider both of them good wheel in their own way and try to be objective when discussing the different aspects of both of these wheel mainly suspension. 

Theyre both first EUCs with suspension so the comparison between the two is inevitable.

I still can’t understand this meme about S18 being the off-road wheel and V11 a street wheel. To me there’s nothing in the S18 that says it’s an off-road wheel. All the supposed advantages in the S18 suspension (when assembled properly) are towards high speed riding.

Its not a meme. In terms of providing more traction yes. Suspension gets more active the faster you go but you dont need to go 70kph to get those benefits. Upwards of 28kph+ the suspension starts doing its magic. S18 can go 50kph max.

The good thing is that V11 got the negative chamber so to some extent it will provide a little bit more traction but much less then the S18.

Edited by eve

Has anyone heard anything about when Inmotion will release the Power Pads? Had a scary incident today.

Heading back home from the grocery store, I hit this road at 26mph (41.84KPH) and it was night time. I started to slow a little bit because I saw what looked like sand on the ground and the minute I hit the sand, my wheel slid and wobbled. Almost lost control and most likely would have fallen off, if I would not have slowed down. Im gonna go by there to make sure it was sand and not oil or something else. I've also noticed now that I'm becoming very comfortable with the wheel and going faster, I tend to get some wobbles. It seems that it's from not having something to hold the wheel tightly between my legs. The space you have because of the slim design can actually have an effect on your control for sure. When I bend my knees and hug the wheel with my calves I get much better control at fast speeds, but Im sort of humped over and have my feet in a 'V' position on the peddles. 

Anyone else noticing this on their wheel and that it can easily slide at fast speeds when you turn? Feel like I have to lean and keep the V11 in a 90 angle to make turns a bit more safe.

Edited by Vagrant Sneaker

1 hour ago, Skywalker said:

I ordered my power pads from here:

https://www.facebook.com/EUCPowerPads

Maybe Inmotion’s will be better but have heard good things about Frank’s power pads.

Those look really nice and may be one option or maybe an addition. Guess it depends on what Inmotion comes out with. But, I would want ones that go on the saddle sideways. Sort of to keep your lower calves and the top of your feet locked in. So If I wanna jump on a bump or driveway slope, I don't find my feet leaving the peddles. May Order them anyway and see how they are. If you ordered them for the V11, would love some feedback from you. 

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I actually made a version 2.0 already, since I wanted something to keep my feet from jumping off backwards as well:

686506061_IMG_0723(s).thumb.jpg.2b2a647b5f7c58c507c2011ada2125fd.jpg

I made a rigid plastic backing that extends the surface area for the foam to attach to, and made the pads from a bit of a softer foam this time.

This is kind of what i expect inmotion to release as their padding. The backer board is exactly what i have been waiting to see.

Im thinking they will use the screws on the lower side of the saddle to attach an extended surface so pads can be permanently mounted. If they dont, i plan to get larger screws and make my own backer board to mount pads to 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I actually made a version 2.0 already, since I wanted something to keep my feet from jumping off backwards as well:

686506061_IMG_0723(s).thumb.jpg.2b2a647b5f7c58c507c2011ada2125fd.jpg

I made a rigid plastic backing that extends the surface area for the foam to attach to, and made the pads from a bit of a softer foam this time.

Nice, do you wear high tops ?

Very creative mrelwood.  Padding is important and I feel tempted too comapre with s18.  But its prob not allowed ? Ill do it anyway:

The foot needs to be fixated and stable but still be able to get free of the pedal in case of a fall. The solutions to that problem so far are DIY.  Extra pads from the wheel producers are useless. and overpriced ... This is a creative - thx mate.   Why dont the producers wake up and make us some better products?

gflat soled high tops is great for EUCs.