WaveCut

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Depends what app you are using. The Inmotion app can engage the string light by swiping if you have day light running on (DLR) on. If it is off I have not tested this. 

As of the horn it depends of the system volume you set. 

Me being tired yet can't sleep (2:20am my time) I can't recall which activates when swiping up or down. 

In EUC.WORLD you have similar function if you set it up. But here it is my tapping or double tapping or using flic buttons or smartwatch as source. Here you can use internal wheel horn. Or by BTspeaker a app bell or custom sound of your own choosing. 

As of wheelog I don't use this, same goes for DarknessBot as I don't have Apple phones. 

Should have mentioned it was the Inmotion app. Is EUC World on Apple? Cant find it.

Edited by Vagrant Sneaker

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

If someone is considering getting a new wheel and gets a chance to try it, and the pedal angle is different enough and causes discomfort--then the answer to "will I get used to it/get over it" is a firm "maybe, but it's not guaranteed". Anyone answering a blanket "yes" to that question is spouting bollocks.

I like to add a 2cent here. 

I don't think there are yes or no questions. There are a level of scaling to this. And it depends on the wheel and rider too. 

I am careful to use always and never too. I do think you will find a preference but wheel shape and size/width come into play here too. 

Angle wise I like my KS16X. I understand why V11 is increase a bit. My feets are not yet too happy about it. But the pedels overall help a bit to deal with this. In time I think non-issue and I will adapt. For me it just take more time (darn medical reasons again). The MSX angle hmmm I tried stepping up on one. And that I doubt I could get used to (not the same as never but close). 

Edited by Unventor

10 minutes ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

Should have mentioned it was the Inmotion app. Is EUC World on Apple? Cant find it.

EUC.WORLD is android only. 

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

EUC.WORLD is android only. 

Truth - I’m getting rid of my IPhone 8 (have had iPhones for years, started with 4s) for a Samsung Galaxy S10 next week and pairing it with a Samsung S3 Frontier Watch - just so I can get EUC world on my watch lol. I know there are much shorter and less expensive methods to accomplish this, but I tire of Apple and their business model anyway and this was what pushed me over the top @Seba  

Love my phone but looking forward to learning something new. 

I watched a vid on Marty breaking down the V11 to change tire and from what I see, looks like the bottom of pedals can be filed, allowing them to drop more. 

Can someone confirm this from looking at the wheel?  Thank you!

1 hour ago, EUChristian said:

Can someone confirm this from looking at the wheel?  Thank you!

Yes, filing down the pedal angle on the V11 is exactly the same as it is on the MSX. The hinge works with the same basic principle.

2 hours ago, EUChristian said:

I watched a vid on Marty breaking down the V11 to change tire and from what I see, looks like the bottom of pedals can be filed, allowing them to drop more. 

Once your suspension is dialed in everything works in perfect unison, IMHO, lol. Give it some time when you get wheel before making any changes that you can not reverse. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

I just post this here :P

Your 10 negatives are complete b** llocks   tbh , you might have a point on the valve been to low BUT ONLY if you ride rocky trails ,,i disagree with everything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

Points in order.

#10) Completely personal perception. The S18 looks cool, but that's it. It's a flashy toy. V11 is more business like. Similar to the difference between flashy LED-covered gaming computers versus the "boring" ThinkStation. Give me plain black ThinkStation nine times of ten, pretty please.

#9) With good enough passive cooling, you don't need another fan. And so far, I haven't seen a single issue that we could link to insufficient cooling. Marty's wheel failed when being picked up after a pause, MrElwood's had a short burst of power, but not a long high load to really heat up. And there are V11s going up and down long steep hills with no (thermal or other) issues.

#8) A valid point. If the fan noise aggravates you, then it might spoil all the fun. I'm personally thinking about using it as a build-in AVAS when riding among pedestrians. :D 

#7) The upper valve made me thinking - would it make sense to cut a hole in the saddle where the valve is? The removal of the side panels is really far from ideal, but I guess that's the price we have to pay for Inmotion adding the upper chamber. The pre-production wheels didn't had it, so I think that it's one of the examples of them listening to our feedback.

#6) With all the different body shapes and riding styles, I'm not sure I want any more padding than needed to prevent bruises. But if you want to have it, Inmotion is working on official powerpads (powerpads are NOT kuji/jump pads), which will likely look better than most of what people will do at home. Just wait a few weeks. And by the way, my power pads on my V10 are intentionally very far apart and non-sticky in the middle, so even if I clamp the wheel between my legs, they still slide back and forth a bit (so, I get sideway stability, but a free move on the back-front axis) and only if I get too far to either side, there is a pad to provide me more power. I like this much more for offroading than the yoga mat that locks the location of your knees when you press it. 

#5) Powerpads are to let you lean stronger against the wheel, they press against your shin. But you are talking about jump pads or Kuji pads, not power pads here. Their goal is to lock against your your feet bellow the ankle and keep your feet on the pedal even in air. You need it pretty close to your ankle anyway, or your feet will hurt as a hell after a few jumps with almost 30 kg hanging on your feet. :D And while the central column is a bit more difficult to use and requires more work (anatomic shaping and so on) than the usual "just glue a yoga cube anywhere", it should work as well. And I've read many people complaining that the S18 Kuji pads have the bad shape and size for them.

#4) Matter of riding style? I'm looking forward to those high pedals on V11. V10 is way to low for my riding style and terrain now. :D As for new riders - I still think that a good newbie wheel is a V5 or V8, mTen3 and such wheels. No suspension and weak motor.

#3) Yup. Not an issue for a street rider, but an offroader like me has to be mindful of this.

#2) I don't get the "vertical travel only" stuff. The S18 also travels only vertically. How exactly is the shock oriented doesn't matter, the linkage system changes the direction as a simple lever. Bounciness seems to be a bad pressure calibration - which is why I don't think this is a good newbie wheel as it is a whole new category for experimentation and it takes a lot of time to get right. A rebound wheel as S18 has would be useful though as one could go with a bit higher pressure. Anyway, I'm kinda missing why this is a "don't buy" reason, as your evaluation sounds more like "it's bouncy if not set correctly" - which is true about any type of suspension.

#1) It's likely going to be more delicate than a monolithic EUC of yore, but by how much? A high speed crash against a slab of steel is not exactly something I would be really concerned about. What concerns me more is how the headlight came (partially) free in @mrelwood's case. (What did you find at the end? Did something break, or there were missing some screws?)

To sum it, I agree with 3 points and one is "maybe, need more info." The rest seems to me like personal preferences (and perhaps some misunderstandings about the pads?)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Your 10 negatives are complete b** llocks   tbh , you might have a point on the valve been to low BUT ONLY if you ride rocky trails ,,i disagree with everything

And this is fixed from 3rd batch... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

We all have different reason why to buy or not to buy and if to wait a bit or not. 

But as a multi propose wheel the V11 is doing a great job. It is kinda like a KS18XL. But now on a new level. 

This is a transpiration unit not a toy. The design reflex this in any aspect. It is meant to be a mobile 70 disco show nor a skateboard with building parasuit for jumping. 

If you buy things for looks. Well that is on you. For me functionality is 10x more important. And I do think like we saw with the KS16X, where people complained about looks, that change when they saw it live. When I look at S18, all I see is problem happening to how I use my wheels. 

Now the current availability of the V11 is a problem. But I am fairly sure from 3rd batch onwards the few things we have talked about and changes coming it would work great for 80% of riders 90% of their needs. 

If you were to buy a Sherman or a Mten3 you are likely to not furfill all your needs too. 

In the end I am very fine with dime not liking the V11. But if you are going by what you read only., all I can say is..... 

I can't describe this is writing.... 

I am most making my decision by logic. But this is about feelings. And that you can read about but the sensation it gives you.... None of the 10 reason above matters at all anymore. That is my deep down opinion. 

It isn't a GW nor KS nor 9Bot or traditional IM. It is new and different IM. It is innovation and to me bloddy great. 

I am about to park my other wheel as backups. I don't want to ride anything really but my V11. Call it fanboy or attachment or newfound trust and safety.

Right now I don't think you know exactly what you are missing out on @Lefteris

I wouldn't change it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zopper said:

What concerns me more is how the headlight came (partially) free in @mrelwood's case. (What did you find at the end? Did something break, or there were missing some screws?)

The other side of the headlight assembly was missing all four bolts. I’m petty sure the other side got bent up because of this, tearing itself free from the other side as well.

Inmotion shipped me a new headlight assembly as a warranty. I planned on just fixing the other side of the assembly by myself, so I didn’t even ask for a replacement! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, onizukagto said:

I agree. V11 is a serious transport unit, it can be for fun but it's main design language is a workhorse. 

S18 screams to me as a toy, as a hobby, as a side chick, never the bride.

Talking about availability, V11 became available at my local official dealer, they even "discounted" it already, which made me proper sussed. If I was desperate, I would jump on it, but I reckon its a 1st or 2nd batch. 

I'm gonna wait a few more months before look into it, really want the 3rd batch and more importantly, hope the missus forgot I just bought a V10F a few months ago and that it magically became a V11.... :roflmao:

What ever you don't I really mean it DON'T try it out. It will be a point of no return if you do.... 😉

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Is that the same guy trying to advertise sales again for that website? There was another thread that someone posted a very advertisey message about getting v11s from that site...

I'd say that's pretty likely.  Isn't batch 2 supposed to have the orange logo?  Hey freemotionshop, maybe if you focused on being 100% legit, you wouldn't be so desperate for orders.

• Like 1

Nope, just a regular person who is excited about their wheel... not related to Freemotion nor was I asked to post this in any way. Apparently Freemotion is sold out anyways. 

Regarding valve caps and logos, got this from Inmotion Liam:

kNt6WSq.jpg

Edited by sofu

2 hours ago, sofu said:

Just got my batch 2 (yes, it’s batch 2, confirmed with IM) wheel from Freemotion! Ordered 8/8, received 8/27

JMfOipe.jpg

GCwS34m.jpg

This is batch 1b from the looks of it. No valve caps and the Inmotion logo is not orange here either.

Edited by Vagrant Sneaker
  • Like 2