WaveCut

2 hours ago, eve said:

You look taller on video! :ph34r:

Great video btw! First one that didnt make me cringe. :popcorn: (I cant help it, sorry. I still like the other videos even if they do.)

Are you gonna be doing more V11 videos soon? 

Thanks I’m glad it didn’t make you cringe but now i’ve made a mental note to ensure i include cringeworthy material in the next ;)

The next video should be out in a fortnight or less :)

5 minutes ago, Creative Nomad said:

Thanks I’m glad it didn’t make you cringe but now i’ve made a mental note to ensure i include cringeworthy material in the next ;)

The next video should be out in a fortnight or less :)

Looking forward to the cringefest! :thumbup:

I find the cringes quite enjoyable to be honest. Makes me laugh. :laughbounce2:

Edited by eve
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Creative Nomad said:

However, the V11’s weight distribution makes it feel top heavy so when i round those corners quickly (not slowly as mentioned) it has felt like i was going to topple over. 

I think what you are feeling is a slight gyro effect combined with higher pedals. 

This means your center of balance is shifted up so leaning the wheel can make it slide away under you if it is slippery due to sand or ice of wet grass...anything slippery. 

Another way of turning at speed is the Z10 mc style. It doesn't require as much but once you get used to this it is much more fun and takes less effort and the wheel. l doesn't need to lean the wheel as much. 

Being top heavy is like a V8 or a V10f. They have battery placed on the top so when leaning the wheel, it kinda accelerates the lean once the battery is passed the tires contact point. 

12 minutes ago, Creative Nomad said:

The trolley handle of the V11 is my biggest gripe. When i walk I do so briskly and the length of the handle really hinders that.

I think you can test 2 things that might serve you.

1 ) push the wheel a little infront of you, looking g from the side, not looking from behind.

2 ) flip the wheel around and push it backwards.This changes the balance point. It might take a little practice. 

17 minutes ago, Creative Nomad said:

Lifting down/ up stairs is fine but when i have to place it in the boot of my car not so much. Other than the handle there isn’t a good gripping point. Either my fingers get caught in the large rim by the tyre when i lift it or I grab it by the pedal which just feels awkward. So it’s more cumbersome than the XL.

I agree it is hard to find a good grabbing point for higher lifts. I have two points I in general use. 

1 ) the glideguider for the suspension but it isn't great.

2 ) the stand or the stands attachment points. 

But on this the KS18L/XL take the point. Mostly since the cover doesn't move.

25 minutes ago, Creative Nomad said:

Take for instance, off road trails. I tend to ride them fast and relish turning corners equally so.

Actually on the V11, you can get away with a much great lean of the wheel as long as you have tire traction. This is due to the pedal height.

I just rather like the mc lean style better and can be combined with shoulder twisting too. 

Now there is one situation where I think the KS18L/XL will be a clear winner: icey/snow winter riding. This is easier to control the lower the pedals are, but snow can hide bumps and potholes so suspension might be a saviour.This is still only speculation/guess from my side.

• Like 1

Btw @Creative Nomad did you make this video?

I wish I could make stuff like this. But I guess you had a camera crew/person to help out to get those sweet cut shoots. How you get the animations done is something I can't do. 

But I think it is just a trailer. Now I am waiting for the full movie. 

2 hours ago, Creative Nomad said:

Now that’s a painfully long time to leave a wheel! Are you from France then? 😁 

If the XL was going to be your first wheel, i’d say by all means go for it but based on what you’ve said and the comparative specs it’s difficult to not see it as anything other than a downgrade specifically in relation to power, speed, and if memory serves me right range.

Yes exactly, narrow body and weight. The V11 is fun to ride but not to carry! Decisions, decisions right lol let us know which one you go for.

No, actually, I'm from Montreal but work a lot in Europe. I started riding in Paris for the first time on a Solowheel Extreme and got hooked to the alpine skiing sensation, that and just the coolness of it; it's just a little bit less cool than future hoverboards. :) My friend broke his radius because the guys renting it didn't tell us about the low battery warnings (it was a vibration) in the wheel... He went flying at 25kmh...

I finally went with the 18XL (ewheels were very patient with me ;). I actually realized I don't want the BEST wheel, I want a trouble-free, sturdy, fun wheel, with easily replaceable parts that are cheap, a great trolley that I know and yes, I like the lights! It makes people smile! I will eventually buy a suspension wheel. I think my decision is more an emotional one based on my time in Paris with the 18L. So basically all my technical questions were useless lol..  nobody seems to believe us that the trolley is too low for us though! I like my arm a little bent when I'm using a trolley! :)

Until my next suspension wheel (next summer maybe), I'll continue to avoid potholes and I actually like it! It's part of the fun, I don't really like going straight, I'm always slaloming and carving. Very bad use of my money yes, but we only have one car and I'm not going to buy a 30,000$ motorcycle ;)

Peace

Edited by Spinner
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spinner said:

I finally went with the 18XL (ewheels were every patient with me haha). I actually realized I don't want the BEST wheel, I want a trouble-free, sturdy, fun wheel, with easily replaceable parts that are cheap, a great trolley that I know

Now that is something I understand. But since Canada and France is the countries you live in, I guess this would be something to check out if you have not seen it yet.

(Not my video, but a had a tiny finger to play with it) Great job @Hansolo and thanks for the source credit :thumbup:.

44 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Now that is something I understand. But since Canada and France is the countries you live in, I guess this would be something to check out if you have not seen it yet.

(Not my video, but a had a tiny finger to play with it) Great job @Hansolo and thanks for the source credit :thumbup:.

Oh trust me Unventor I’m completely obsessed I saw all the videos on YouTube I looked every day for a couple of weeks 😂 

something tells me I might not be the only one in this euc community... 

just watched some parts again I remember I skipped a bit through it because I had seen every other video, even the ones in Russian lol

Watching it now I noticed how nice It sounds. Quiet yet you can hear the power it has in reserve. Very classy 

I was surprised at his criticism of the headlight he said he will still need to use his handheld flashlight?

Edited by Spinner
Add comments

2 hours ago, Spinner said:

I was surprised at his criticism of the headlight he said he will still need to use his handheld flashlight?

Ahh I think I can explain. 

It is the best headlight if any other EUC. But it is still a fixed and fairly simple solution. 

It can't adjust when going up or down hill. Nor does it follow where you look. 

With a flashlight you can point in any direction you want and use it to signal others or call your request to attention by lighting at someone or something. 

But that being said I welcome a good headlight that is better than all others. The KS16X have an okey headlight but this V11 is light-meters ahead and wider yet don't blind people. 

• Like 1

I'm writing the EN subtitles of my video…. coming soon

The problem with the V11 light is that it does not illuminate far enough, 20 m or so.

But it is powerfull, the beam is wide and like a car headlight it does not dazzle.

Edited by Hansolo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hansolo said:

I'm writing the EN subtitles of my video…. coming soon

The problem with the V11 light is that it does not illuminate far enough, 20 m or so.

But it is powerfull, the beam is wide and like a car headlight it does not dazzle.

So it only does 20m? How does it compare to other EUC? 

21 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

I think that V10 has usable illumination maybe 5 meters ahead at most. It's some time I rode after dark out of streetlight range though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

My feeling is that it does further than other EUC. But it's a short beam, just like in cars. A long beam is only allowed when there are no incoming traffic. The MSP will throw further but will also always blind people and would be illegal if it were a registered vehicle. The V11 beam is very sharp and defined. I could easily ride in total darkness but on a steep uphill the beam becomes very short. I don't think my 18XL would be any better. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

Btw @Creative Nomad did you make this video?

I wish I could make stuff like this. But I guess you had a camera crew/person to help out to get those sweet cut shoots. How you get the animations done is something I can't do. 

But I think it is just a trailer. Now I am waiting for the full movie. 

As with anything it’s just practice sprinkled with a bit of trial and error so anyone with patience can do it :) 

I really wish i could have called on my trusted crew to help but because of the pandemic i decided to film it myself. A friend did help me film two moving shots though so I can’t take full credit. All my YouTube videos i shoot by myself though as they’re quite straightforward. 

RE: your other comments on riding, now i’m eager for the weather to get better here so i can try out the things you mentioned. It was dry terrain though not slippery but i’ll give it a try and practice the Z10 riding style you mentioned!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Creative Nomad said:

RE: your other comments on riding, now i’m eager for the weather to get better here so i can try out the things you mentioned. It was dry terrain though not slippery but i’ll give it a try and practice the Z10 riding style you mentioned!

It takes more speed on the V11 than the Z10 or KS16X (with CX tire). About 30kmh+ it is not as strong sensation. I think it was @houseofjob that had some nice video explaining how to hang your butt other the side behind the wheel. 

I know there was another but since I decided not to get the Z10 I didn't pay much attention to it. I knew of this style when I got my KS16X. 

It is something I used rushing to hospital too day a tiny bit late to my appointment. But I made it just in time. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

It takes more speed on the V11 than the Z10 or KS16X (with CX tire). About 30kmh+ it is not as strong sensation. I think it was @houseofjob that had some nice video explaining how to hang your butt other the side behind the wheel. 

LOL, thanks, but that was my early pre-production Z10 ramblings, trying to master the at-the-time new 4.1 wide physics (plus the pointed sidewall Z tire that gave it more of a gyroscopic feel).

I ended up settling on going alternating heels wide, so as to clear the wheel body due to the larger tilt width of the Z body, all with no significant leaning, body relatively over the wheel center of mass.

Edited by houseofjob

On 8/17/2020 at 11:13 AM, Marty Backe said:

I'm not panicking :D   Just saying what I'll personally do - wait ~4-months

I'm speaking in general terms here but 1st generation devices almost always have teething problems.

In this case (KS), not only is this a new wheel but it's also their first suspension wheel. I'm sure that KS has been doing some serious testing but this thing needs to be out in the wild, ridden by hundreds if not thousands, and a large dataset of customer feedback collected.

We also don't know how well the wheel will hold up long term and we won't know this until the wheel is out in the wild long term.

My belief is that it's best to wait as the production issues are ironed out. This very well could take the form of a V11v2. 

Being an early adopter is fun but it's very risky and it's even more risky these days as companies more and more rush to market in order to beat out the competition and capture as much revenue as possible.

My two cents.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, onizukagto said:

The once I know of are the wheels I own and the Z10.

The V11 are way more superior to any of these. 

V8 is almost only a possition light. 

KS18L/XL have a long light but not so bright and very narrow and it tend to blind people.

KS16X much wide and brighter. It has a wide narrow lamp and a long narrow lamp. Both can be combined or used narrow light only. Until the V11 it is one of the best out on market. 

V10f better than V8 (kind of 2x) but not great. 

V11 head and rear light is top dog on market right now. But it is still fixed do a flashlight might not be a bad idea especially if you ride in hilly areas. But it is still best in class.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Despite Inmotion tried very hard we have seen 1st batch issues, and they spend a lot if r&d on it to get to the point where it is at. 

As for the V11 I think 3rd batch owners will be good to go from day one. 

Have to agree. This is one of the reasons I bought the V11. It felt like they really spent the two + years on really good R&D. It feels great and when you inspect it and see how things are put together, to me it screams quality. Now that I have had it for two weeks, so far so good. No other issues coming up after the saddle breaks. It's been smooth riding all week long to my job and back home. However, grip pads I feel are a necessity. It will make a world of a difference for me. So, I hope they announce them soon and that they are good. If not, time to see whats out there. 

• Like 1