WaveCut

18 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

So overall..

Is the V11 ready for normal everyday use?

I hear parts breaking like chocolate
Squeakie suspensions
Hot mobo's giving up life
Lights (front + back) giving up after 100km ride...

I'm ready to order.. should i ?!??!?!!?

Sure. You should order when you feel comfortable. 

Only issues that you should be concerned about are the ones that unknown and haven't been addressed yet. 

(i.e.the motherboard one) 

Personally in waiting for someone to test the V11 on a steep slope, if it holds up I'm more then ready to put my order in. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

An order placed now could take a long time to come, maybe 4th or 5th batch? Don't quote me on that, I don't know how long it'll take or if people have cancelled or if some distributors can still deliver.

I will definitely ask my dealer what batch the wheel is when they have it. But it's pretty impossible to say now what batch will someone get, especially when it comes to the smaller regional ones. E.g. In my country with about 10M population I know about multiple ones that already have V11 on their listing. Even if they get just a few #2 batch wheels, it's a good chance that a today's order will get that batch. OTH, with some of the big US dealers, you will be who knows how far in the queue...

8 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Most of the reported issues have been addressed and there's still a few waiting for confirmation. I can say that when the assembly is done the way it's supposed to, the V11 is a game changer, a marvellous piece of engineering. 

I hope so. It's definitely a wheel I want to have. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

I didn't hear about that either. Do you have a source/more info, so I can add it to the list of known issues?

9 minutes ago, Zopper said:

I didn't hear about that either. Do you have a source/more info, so I can add it to the list of known issues?

There is a video from a guy in Telegram where the lights don't work and a small red light in battery area is blinking. The wheel still balances though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bill Kolk said:

There is a video from a guy in Telegram where the lights don't work and a small red light in battery area is blinking. The wheel still balances though.

Can you link the video here? If we can get solid evidence, we will add it to the issue thread. Cheers

34 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

Never heard about this one... source? 

If real it should be added to this thread: 

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/19507-v11-known-issues-and-their-status

29 minutes ago, Zopper said:

18 minutes ago, Bill Kolk said:

6 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Can you link the video here? If we can get solid evidence, we will add it to the issue thread. Cheers

Same guy uploaded it on the facebook group.

26 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I've only done 156 km on the V11 vs. 9000 on the 18XL. For a really good comparison I would have to ride the V11 more. But I'll try. 

I'm a big fan of the 18XL, it has been very reliable and comfortable. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion, but the time has moved on and we've now got an even better wheel. 

I have not seriously tested the torque or top speed. But it feels stronger. It's a bit more difficult to climb and break on but that might be just because I'm not used to it yet. Agility is surprisingly better on the V11, I think it's the fatter tire that makes the turning circle smaller. U-turns are already easier and tighter on the V11. 

Range is 18XL's best feature and difficult to top with similar size batter that is not allowed to go as low as the 18XL. So far I've done yesterday 78-80 km on one charge and had 39 % / 72V left. Granted, that was mostly pretty low speeds. Looks like it won't be too far in range. 

So mostly it can match the 18XL in the features it's good at and then everything else is much better. And the suspension really is a game changer!

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. Such a great place, this forum! 👍 

What about one-legged stances on both wheels? Any annoying pressure points on the V11?

I had an 18L (loved it but had to sell it) and remember the wheel being so comfortable for one-legged tricks because it would lean against your whole lower leg without having any focused pressure points. Just perfect ergonomics. Even Chooch loved it for tricks!

Is the V11 similar in that regard or is there a specific pressure point in the higher portion of the wheel? 

Thanks again! I wish I could try to V11 and not annoy you with all these questions but I'm in Montreal and there are no dealers around here. Still, Jason from ewheels always offers exceptional service. 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Kolk said:

I see. Added.

You forget that Seba reported escaping air from the shock absorbers somehow forgot about it here. I dont belive is only one V11 (production) who leaks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lefteris said:

So overall..

Is the V11 ready for normal everyday use?

I hear parts breaking like chocolate
Squeakie suspensions
Hot mobo's giving up life

I'm ready to order.. should i ?!??!?!!?

Fixed most stuff 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

So to clear the Air.
@Seba says it didn't get lower, it was caused by the moment he connected the pump.

Noted.!

Thank you! :D

Second day of my test I did an experiment: I left wheel overnight without even touching the air springs and next day it felt OK.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, stephen said:

Fixed most stuff 👍

Haha. 55km/h is called "fancier mode" :roflmao:

As for the new redesigned valve cover..... 

It's a step in the right direction, cap is supported by the interior end wall but they still chose to hug the valve tightly. 

I guess if anything can dent the cap, it's gonna damage the valve, so have to wait and see if it's good enough. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

As for the new redesigned valve cover..... 

It's a step in the right direction, cap is supported by the interior end wall but they still chose to hug the valve tightly. 

I guess if anything can dent the cap, it's gonna damage the valve, so have to wait and see if it's good enough. 

Yeah. But I think this is the best design with this construction of the wheel. I don't know if the cap is metal or plastic, but as long as it fits tightly and is firm enough, it's probably the best protection we can have. I just hope it doesn't get loose as easily as the first one did.

10 hours ago, Tryptych said:

There are a bunch of V11's out in the wild and only one has done what yours did.  Until those statistics change I don't see any reason to panic or to write-off the entire production batch because of what happened with one very used pre-production model.

We are all hoping you were just unlucky Marty, but don't take it personally :)

I'm not panicking :D   Just saying what I'll personally do - wait ~4-months

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

I did skim the KS-S18 thread and it's no better read than here with V11. :( A metal part of the suspension mechanism broken during a ride, various quality issues... First batch problems as usual, it seems. Only this time we are all hyped up more than usual because "suspension!"

Now the question is... do I dare to take a 2nd batch wheel? :D (Guessing my order from what my dealer told me a few days back).

• Like 2