WaveCut

1 minute ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Woohoo the second batch is leaving the factory! 

Any chance inmotion expedites the shipping process? I dont want to wait 30 days for the slow boat!! 

Doubt it. Thats why they had the extra $350 air freight option. Now it's actually $400. Wonder why they raised it another $50....

33 minutes ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

Doubt it. Thats why they had the extra $350 air freight option. Now it's actually $400. Wonder why they raised it another $50....

It's simple, to make more money!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zopper said:

I did skim the KS-S18 thread and it's no better read than here with V11. :( A metal part of the suspension mechanism broken during a ride, various quality issues... First batch problems as usual, it seems. Only this time we are all hyped up more than usual because "suspension!"

To paint a more accurate picture, the broken aluminum part was broken due to a crash.  This is not necessarily a first batch or production issue since we don't know the details of how bad the crash was.  There have been no major quality issues so far that I've seen reported with S18 and no quality issues I've personally experienced with mine (250 KM so far).  Please post something specific if I've overlooked something (I don't count one person reporting an issue that can't be replicated by others as an actual issue).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skywalker said:

It appears from the feature set of second batch that are not available on first batch the control board has been changed.

Control board has been updated for second batch leaving factory - can someone else confirm?

11 hours ago, Lefteris said:

So to clear the Air.
@Seba says it didn't get lower, it was caused by the moment he connected the pump.

Noted.!

Thank you! :D

I have seen similar on my wheel. It is basically understanding and using the pump right in my case. 

Ot is something you get better at when testing and failing in the suspension pressure. It is a finger skill knowing how tight to mount the pump.

Once you know of this it is much easier to get right. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Woohoo the second batch is leaving the factory! 

For what it's worth, my dealer is saying that the second batch that left today is destined for the Chinese, not North American market. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

LOL! I know that, but wondering if it's because of all the issues with airlines and customs. 

Less passengers + less flights + less profit = increase price on freight. 

• Like 1

I might be about to pull the trigger.. and my significant other will most definitely pull my ear.. 

But now is no time for caution, we are experiencing a new kind of technology. This is history in the making and it's gonna be worth it.

So this would be my first inmotion wheel. Anyone knows if ordering from Aliexpress has any drawbacks like with locksong? 

Edited by Tinkererboi
Typos
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, eve said:

Mate @mrelwood V11 didnt even know how to absorb small bumps until there was negative chamber added. Lets not play ourself. 

Um... What?

56 minutes ago, Tinkererboi said:

Anyone knows if ordering from Aliexpress has any drawbacks like with locksong? 

Haven't heard of any on Inmotions.

I started my own topic where I will post videos and reviews on the V11, as well as comparisons to the S18. Editing the second video right now. Take a good position though, my first one runs a bit long...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tinkererboi said:

So this would be my first inmotion wheel. Anyone knows if ordering from Aliexpress has any drawbacks like with locksong? 

Just some unspecified off-hand comments that IM tried that a long time ago. But do you dare to buy a new wheel like this without a good warranty from the dealer? I wouldn’t - the chance of potential issues is still too high for that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zopper said:

Just some unspecified off-hand comments that IM tried that a long time ago. But do you dare to buy a new wheel like this without a good warranty from the dealer? I wouldn’t - the chance of potential issues is still too high for that.

No worries, I can always replace parts at my own cost, that is a risk I am willing to take.

Also no more dealers where I live thanks to the incapable c*nts in charge of transport in my country's parliament. So back then I used aliexpress to save money, now i'm just using it as it's my only option. 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Anyone knows if ordering from Aliexpress has any drawbacks like with locksong? 

For now, there are two version INMOTION wheels. Mainland China version and Outside Mainland China Version. For outside mainland China version, it can't be connected to inmotion app. The reason why we set up the rule before is that first, those who selling mainland China version can't offer decent after-sale service. They are just resellers. You can't even call them a distributor from the angle of providing the after-sales service the customer deserved. Second, it will destroy our global distribution network, to some degree.  

9 hours ago, Albatross said:
10 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

For the air freight option, it's suggested by our distributors who has such request. Normally, we ship the products by sea or by train due to the location of the destination. The true fact here about air freight charge is that the distributors might cover some of the cost for you, believe it or not. Let's take US as example, the latest quotation from delivery courier of one inmotion V11 to US will be charged $500 to $600.  Please think about it. As we all know, the courier will charge the freight based on the volume, weight, and etc. Inmotion V11 weights 34kg when measuring for shipping.

The price might shift every 2 or 3 days but it won't get up and down sharply.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inmotion Global said:

For now, there are two version INMOTION wheels. Mainland China version and Outside Mainland China Version. For outside mainland China version, it can't be connected to inmotion app. The reason why we set up the rule before is that first, those who selling mainland China version can't offer decent after-sale service. They are just resellers. You can't even call them a distributor from the angle of providing the after-sales service the customer deserved. Second, it will destroy our global distribution network, to some degree.  

Fair enough, those who want the Mainland China version should not expect after sales after all. I understand from other users however that the wheel still works with EUC world and Darknessbot? How about the 乐行 APP? I tried downloading with tencent myapp but it turns into the english version once installed. Strange. 

Would like to add that there are still regions with no access to dealers and users who have legitimate reasons to avoid after-sales service, therefore I am glad that Inmotion has still kept this option somewhat open if you are willing to accept the reduced support. Hope it can be kept this way.

Was wondering, @Inmotion Global do users still buy the mainland version and end up pestering you for support, or is the problem not really as bad as KS make it out to be? Is there a reason why manufacturers have not started adding a warranty card that is only valid if signed by the authorised dealer, just like how it is done in many other industries? Could even add an additional sticker on the wheel saying "Warranty void unless signed by Authorised Dealer". Just as an extra reminder.

18 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

They whole thing with limitations, is getting on my nerves.

I just canceled my order for the V11, i'll stick with the Nik+ :furious:

What limitations?

• Like 3