WaveCut

Something I’ve seen twice now and no one he discussed is DIY sound effects. Folks that is huge...I can set the wheel to Star Treks Enterprise, or Star Wars, or my own voice...this is not a mind blowing innovation, I get it...but I have to say pretty damn cool in my book. 

third alarm setting is me saying “you about to die fool”

Edited by EUChristian
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

Something I’ve seen twice now and no one he discussed is DIY sound effects. Folks that is huge...I can set the wheel to Star Treks Enterprise, or Star Wars, or my own voice...this is not a mind blowing innovation, I get it...but I have to say pretty damn cool in my book. 

Haven't played with this yet, but it is a great feature and I'm looking forward to using it.. Pretty funny alarm you got. LMAO!

BTW, I sent out a message to Darkness Bot customer support about adding the V11 and they updated the App right away. It is having some issues though. Apparently, not recognizing the V11 wheel but you can use the maps feature. It's just not saving any trips. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EUChristian said:

I can't recall the first wheel that had this if it was V3c/V3f (the one with 2 tight placed wheels or it was V5f. Then it was not in the V8 directly and then they made it possible again.

The real funny part if to make tip over message and tilt back alarms. Then lower the speed limit and let someone practice the first time. 

This is the first video I save before or just about the time I started to ride. 

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

I can't recall the first wheel that had this if it was V3c/V3f (the one with 2 tight placed wheels or it was V5f. Then it was not in the V8 directly and then they made it possible again.

The real funny part if to make tip over message and tilt back alarms. Then lower the speed limit and let someone practice the first time. 

This is the first video I save before or just about the time I started to ride. 

I had no idea this was on a couple their older wheels. Great idea in their part. 

• Like 1

The bottom valve of the shock is actually threaded on the black metal structure. Not sure if this affects the estimations on it’s durability when hitting rocks though, and if it does, is it for better or for worse...

Or if it was already generally known. :facepalm:

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EUChristian said:

I had no idea this was on a couple their older wheels. Great idea in their part. 

Looking at motor power and age and battery back then I do think the V3 series with dual wheel were innovative thinking. Yes a true EUC is a better in maneuvering and nimbleness. 

But thinking from the hoverboard vs V3 series vs early airwheels. 

On the V3 you can stand balanced with limited assistance from motor. So from a learning point of view this should be easier to step up and down on. 

If you then compare V5f and V8 V8f V10 V10f and now the V11 it is a huge progress curve. Yes I know on some part there higher specs models from other brands. But all of the Inmotion wheel were designed to be wide public use in a niche market.  Where I truly doubt a majority of new and non-extreme ride will consider the Veteran Sherman.  And up until now any wheel from Inmotion was more or less last mile ride. Shere the V11 is more go there and go back again ride. 

• Like 1

An example of the kind of damage the original capped design causes. The constant impact on the red cap caused the valve stem to break off along with the valve core, basically requiring a complete replacement of the suspension assembly. His solution was what most folks came up with, which is just to use a standard plastic valve cap, same as most cars/bikes. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to offer as much protection from dust going into the suspension chamber, but way better alternative than breaking the entire suspension system.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, iode said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to offer as much protection from dust going into the suspension chamber,

The area/cavity around the valve is just an external metal cup with a threaded hole into which the valve of the actual suspension unit is screwed on. It’s not a part of the air shock unit. Dust and mud around the valve does no harm as long as the valve has any kind of cap on.

I wish I had taken more photos when I had my V11 open...

• Like 1

Just now, RagingGrandpa said:

@mrelwood / @Seba - will V11 let you run the motor while charging?

(e.g.: Sherman does not)

Why do you want to do that?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

Ride while charging from an external battery in the backpack I assume... 

An INMOTION alternative to Kingsongs external battery pack would be nice. For those that can’t afford multiple wheels this would enable them to ride long distance. 

My apology if this question has already been answered (switched preorder to V11 from S18 so haven’t read through all 100+ pages) - I remember reading a knobby Off-road tire will not work on the V11 - can someone verify this?

9 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

An INMOTION alternative to Kingsongs external battery pack would be nice. For those that can’t afford multiple wheels this would enable them to ride long distance. 

Well to my knowledge Inmotion has never talked about external battery packs. But....

First off it isn't that easy to just plug in a batter as there would normally be a surge from the higher voltage to the lower voltage battery. 

That said the BMS in the V11 said it can handle disconnecting 1 of the 2 battery packs. Liam talked about this in a video released recently. It is not ready to make battery packs swappable. I think this is keyword to how prepared the V11 for an external battery. 

Now they are working on making it possible to swap batteries. But in the same video Liam said this will maybe make it into the next model. It isn't ready yet. Now next up is the V12. Supposedly a 16' non-suspended wheel. Very little details has been revealed yet.

I am not saying it isn't possible but never heard Inmotion comment on this should be possible.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EUChristian said:

My apology if this question has already been answered (switched preorder to V11 from S18 so haven’t read through all 100+ pages) - I remember reading a knobby Off-road tire will not work on the V11 - can someone verify this?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EUChristian said:

Having done a lot of long distance riding, I really don’t understand this request. Naturally, people’s needs are different and I don’t know every scenario they think. But most riders cannot ride so many hours without breaks that this feature would be needed. External batteries are heavy. You’ll be better of with dual chargers and charge while having a break. Even if you go to a journey with absolutely no electricity available, you will still take a lot of breaks and can charge from the external battery pack then. It’s really a very specific type of scenario where charging while riding would be needed. 

I don’t know any EUC that can be ridden while charging. Never tested the V11, but I would be surprised if it could. However, there are many PEVs out there that can do this, OneWheels for example. So it’s not an impossible feature to have. On smaller batteries, like OneWheels, it’s actually a useful feature for long rides. They can be ridden to empty on one go without breaks. 

8 hours ago, EUChristian said:

I remember reading a knobby Off-road tire will not work on the V11 - can someone verify this?

I don’t remember reading about this but it’s really just a matter of fitting into the wheel well. Knobbies have usually a larger outer diameter. Looks like at least one model fits according to the video above. I’m interested in this too as I will be changing into a knobby come winter. @mrelwood will probably have tested a few by then. :)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I don’t know any EUC that can be ridden while charging. Never tested the V11, but I would be surprised if it could. However, there are many PEVs out there that can do this, OneWheels for example. So it’s not an impossible feature to have. On smaller batteries, like OneWheels, it’s actually a useful feature for long rides. They can be ridden to empty on one go without breaks. 

KS is possible, from what I've heard and it was used as an argument in the "V11 vs S18" debate.

57 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Having done a lot of long distance riding, I really don’t understand this request. Naturally, people’s needs are different and I don’t know every scenario they think. But most riders cannot ride so many hours without breaks that this feature would be needed.

If you ride at the top speed, or uphill, you can quite easily get to low battery before your legs are tired. At sustained 1000W (way bellow the max "sustained" power rating) you get about an hour of ride (down to 30%). That's not that much. And with the charge port limits, you get some 400W trickle charge, so it won't let you indefinitely anyway. In this scenario, it would gave you roughly 45 minutes, even with an infinite battery in your backpack, and a two hour ride is pretty well the time when I would want to take a break.

And with those bigger wheels, it might be possible to attach the batteries on the wheel itself if you are going on a smooth road. The price is safety though - no matter what you do, there are unprotected cables and batteries that are at risk of damage in any case of forced step-down.

Just tested this, V11 stops balancing when power is applied to the charge ports.

1 hour ago, Zopper said:

At sustained 1000W

Sustained/average 1000W would be pretty crazy. I don’t know how anyone could achieve that, other than on a hill that takes an hour to ride up.

• Like 2