WaveCut

2 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

This is batch 1b from the looks of it. No valve caps and the Inmotion logo is not orange here either.

Aye it should be, but just not yet. As you can see on my post above. 

40 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Okey let's just calm down here.

I followed the decussion on Telegram today. Liam confirmed the advertised alterations to 2nd batch wheels has not been full spplyrd yet. It comes down to supply delays. So chrome logo is still in use. 

@sofu I hope you share more about your thoughts of the wheel here. Many are still waiting and even more are interested just waiting out to make sure there isn't any further issues.

The more that share their point of view the better people can estimate if this is a wheel for them or not. 

I completely understand why you are happy about it. Just like I said to you on telegram the other day. 

It matters less what batch it is once your feet is on the pedals riding. 

can you provide the inmotion telegram channel?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skywalker said:

I weigh the same as you and can’t thank you enough for your input on suspension settings, sounds like you know what your doing.

Thanks, but what I’m doing still atm is learning... ;) But for our weight, definitely try 160/90 pressures! And grease up the edges of the slider bracket (the black metal one :eff034a94a:) if the suspension feels stiff.

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

And grease up the edges of the slider bracket (the black metal one :eff034a94a:) if the suspension feels stiff.

I'm curious, is the slider bracket a problem area for getting mud and dirt cached in? It seems pretty exposed and I would imagine having debris sliding between the pedal mount and wheel itself could be an issue for off-roading.

22 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

I'm curious, is the slider bracket a problem area for getting mud and dirt cached in? It seems pretty exposed and I would imagine having debris sliding between the pedal mount and wheel itself could be an issue for off-roading.

At least riding on a dusty dirt road for a few dozen miles didn’t gather enough dust to be seen. I wouldn’t leave a thick layer of grease on there though, since at least in theory it should attract dust and debris. If the suspension starts to sound crunchy, that is the first place to clean up for sure.

• Like 2

Choochs extended ride review. 

Fantastic commentary on his experience. 

Best quotes:

"you can comfortably ride on this forever." 

"this is doesn't struggle one bit, this is a powerhouse, this is a mini-motorcycle... You can throw under your desk" 

"this is suspension + speed, this is really nice for road riding" 

Edited by onizukagto
Quotes added
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Jonesq said:

can you provide the inmotion telegram channel?

It is pinned as top post in Inmotion thread. Also WhatsApp channel to. They went to telegram as WhatsApp hit the top limit in a group. Telegram is where the activity is. 

@mrelwoodI guess some of your ride buddies have tried out your V11 by now. If any of there are at 85-90kg what suspension have they preferred?

I use 100psi button 50-60psi on mine. I am not floating but I have good control and like the sensation of once the suspension engage or moves it feels like a spring got released that is tight. I am currently 86kg add 6-7kg with gear and 5-10kg when shopping. 

50 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@mrelwoodI guess some of your ride buddies have tried out your V11 by now. If any of there are at 85-90kg what suspension have they preferred?

I have not adjusted the pressures for their weight, so their experience has been way off. But my brother (80kg?) still said that the behavior on (140/60?) was monumentally improved from (130/20?), and that it was now a tide turning experience. His comments were one of the reasons I went up to 120 psi negative in my own tests.

50 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I use 100psi button 50-60psi on mine. I am not floating but I have good control and like the sensation of once the suspension engage or moves it feels like a spring got released that is tight. I am currently 86kg add 6-7kg with gear and 5-10kg when shopping. 

Your bottom pressure sounds quite low, which might result in a low riding height (sag). But for the way I think you ride, 50-60psi negative could be near perfect.

I’m currently editing a video guide on how to check the pressures, and how to measure the sag.

• Like 2

So you NEED to get 2 wheels with suspension on for the road one for the off road. As much as I love Chooch I cant help getting a little frustrated here, maybe the future will bring a better suspension wheel for road and off road with less errors and difficulties ? 

Inmotion v12 ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

So you NEED to get 2 wheels with suspension on for the road one for the off road. As much as I love Chooch I cant help getting a little frustrated here, maybe the future will bring a better suspension wheel for road and off road with less errors and difficulties ? 

Inmotion v12 ? 

No. You dont. S18 will be fine onroad. Same way as V11 will be finde offroad if its not too rocky. 

We wont get a do it all wheel. Thats not how it works since every situation desires somethin else from the wheel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Inmotion v12 ? 

Very little is know of V12 still but suspension is not part of it. That is confirmed by Inmotion. 

Edited by Unventor
Autocorrection..
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Inmotion v12 ? 

It's difficult to build a car that can be great on road and great off road. A unicycle is no different. 

Your have to prioritise your needs. 

If you do more road routes, do V11. If you do mostly off road,do S18. 

If you do mostly commute and night trips, V11. 

If you just do short trips or just for fun, S18. 

• Like 1