WaveCut

There's

13 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I am a bit late to race, has InMotion stated what enhancements will accompany the V11F model?

More range and perhaps a higher top speed.

There are two wheels coming out.  An enhanced V11 (V11F) and another unnamed wheel that's 100V & no suspension.

• Like 2

Question - in one of the last Chooch videos he said he was keeping a consistent 36mph speed down a mountain road. How is this possible if tiltback is at 34 (or slightly less). Is this actual speed via GPS?  If so I thought the V11- was slightly low on app speed vs GPS?  Somewhat confused here as descending a hill should have no effect on max tilt back speed?

https://youtu.be/EqZ43o4Q0Rs

Edited by EUChristian

2 hours ago, Ádám Szitás said:

Inmotion firmware is pretty clever when it comes to calculating available power, it lets you get slightly more speed if you accelerate gently or going downhill, also the tiltback is very subtle at the beginning

That’s awesome!

11 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Talk for yourself. I quite like the idea of a version of the V11 without suspension and without all that breakable stuff sticking up at the top of the wheel (saddle, turret, lights etc). Removing all of that would make the wheel more robust, cheaper, lighter, more waterproof and better looking (in my eyes). They could have pads added to the sides - not only adding to control but also offering some protection. Reusing the motor etc means cheaper development/production costs in producing a new wheel. I also don't want to spend 2K on a wheel, particularly when they're not even legal in my country meaning it could get taken off me by the police at any moment.

What would be left of the V11? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I am a bit late to race, has InMotion stated what enhancements will accompany the V11F model?

History. 

At first they denied to make V11f. They wanted to measure how suspension would be taken up bu consumer and if they could sell enough wheel for it to be worth while to continue in that direction. 

Current situation:

They are still refining V11 and most resources are put into this and accessories to could out for the V11. Then they start to make the V12 ... How long that takes how knows... Eta early 2021/spring2021 but delays do happen (plans was jan2020 then oct2020 now 2020). 

More out in the future....20" in plans, no details. 1 more (V12) non-suspension wheel planed but likely future wheel will all have suspension. 

The future plans was reviewed or hinted in a live stream interview with Liam and TheBlackCobra. 

But I think if we are to discuss future wheels let's start a new thread for this. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, eve said:

In a recent video chat with Cobra Liam said they will be focusing on making Powerpads first and Seat after.

What he said was that they will come out this month or early next month. 

They also releasing a watch that can be used with any inmotion euc. It connects directly to the EUC instead of going trough your phone.

Really looking forward to the watch! I feel uncomfortable taking out my phone to look at it just for stats.  Would be amazing to just look at my wrist and not worry about connecting stuff or having my phone out 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Really looking forward to the watch! I feel uncomfortable taking out my phone to look at it just for stats.  Would be amazing to just look at my wrist and not worry about connecting stuff or having my phone out 

I would suggest getting a Samsung Galaxy or a Pebble.  The Galaxy works great with EUC World and because it's a Galaxy, it offers so much more.  It sounds like Inmotion is using their own watch OS so I don't imagine there will be much going for it other than it being able to run their app.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

It all comes down to price. I have zero desire for a smartwatch for anything other than an EUC speedometer & battery meter. I'll probably even leave it mounted to my wrist guards so it's never worn/used otherwise for anything else. If the dedicated InMotion watch is cheap enough and works well, I'd see no reason to buy something more expensive. And if the InMotion watch indeed works directly with the wheel without needing to interface with my phone, then it's worth more than any current EUC smartwatch implementation--even those that are much more expensive.

I picked up a used Galaxy 46mm for less than $150.  I can't imagine the InMotion watch being much cheaper.  Maybe a bit.  I never felt the desire for a smartwatch either, but once you actually get one you might change your mind.  I did.  It's just so convenient.

The ability to interact directly without needing to interface with the phone would be a plus, but I think most people are going to carry their phone with them anyway.  You can have the phone screen turned off and still get all the updates on the watch with EUC World.  Just some food for thought.

8 minutes ago, WebDev said:

I picked up a used Galaxy 46mm for less than $150.  I can't imagine the InMotion watch being much cheaper.  Maybe a bit.  I never felt the desire for a smartwatch either, but once you actually get one you might change your mind.  I did.  It's just so convenient.

The ability to interact directly without needing to interface with the phone would be a plus, but I think most people are going to carry their phone with them anyway.  You can have the phone screen turned off and still get all the updates on the watch with EUC World.  Just some food for thought.

Used to be anti-smart watch. Bought a Samsung S3 Frontier for EUC. I was wrong. Best decision as I can ignore my phone now and glance at my watch. 

• Like 2

Okay.  Got my second batch V11 yesterday (FYI - fellow Canadians, ordered from ewheels and came in 24 hours.  Duty was only 180 CAD...beauty).  Anyway wheel is great, build quality phenomenal in person.  Rides great.  However I'm getting this horrible noise from it at low/moderate speeds.  A vibration/whine noise. 

Checked screws (which some are noticeably loose on this batch fyi.  Possibly to avoid overtighten issues from batch 1?) And they were all fine.  Tightened any loose screws.   No cracked plastic anywhere.   Genuinely confused and wondering if anyone has had same issue?  It's super annoying riding it as is.  Almost sounds like bearing is making a grinding sound, but its brand new.  0 km before I got on.  I took it out for a long ride tonight to see if maybe it's just something out if tolerance that needs to be worn down, but nope.  It persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Other than that, wheel rides great.  Definitely better than 16x in all regard.  Handling is phenomenal.  Surprisingly agile.  Power seems endless.  No beeps yet on ******FANCIER MODE******Love it.  I will definitely brag about riding fancier from now on.  2 fast, 2 fancy.  Lock up your ladies.  Fancy feast is on the move.

New chamber caps on batch 2 are great.  Can't see it being an issue for offroad. 

Edited by Oscapuss
  • Like 2

No I've owned V8, V10, 16X. 

Even 16X I found made noise as well from the trolley handle.   Stopped after using foam tape where handle contacts shell on top.  

Either way, I can handle fixing noise issues (if I can find them), but this is not a normal EUC sound.  Something is definitely messed up inside.  Just looking for clues as to where to look.  Not exactly a typical wheel.  I don't want to rip the whole thing apart to search if I don't have to. 

Also don't want to send back for diagnostic if I don't have to.  Took forever to get here.

3 hours ago, WebDev said:

I think they could do a dedicated EUC watch for under $100 using just a monochrome screen that would have better battery life and better readability in daylight (versus a more normal smartphone-like smartwatch screen). For price reference, the Gotway Bluetooth dashboard thing is only $55 -- https://ewheels.com/parts/#products_categories_row_112 .

The other piece to the puzzle for me personally is that my g/f and I both use helmet-mounted Cardo Freecom 4+ bluetooth headsets. They can provide notifications, turn-by-turn directions, support Siri/Alexa/Google voice commands, etc even safer than fiddling with a watch. Single best EUC accessory ever after safety equipment like helmet/guards etc--and one could argue hands-free comms also qualify as key safety equipment.

Edited by AtlasP

4 hours ago, Oscapuss said:

Okay.  Got my second batch V11 yesterday (FYI - fellow Canadians, ordered from ewheels and came in 24 hours.  Duty was only 180 CAD...beauty).  Anyway wheel is great, build quality phenomenal in person.  Rides great.  However I'm getting this horrible noise from it at low/moderate speeds.  A vibration/whine noise. 

Checked screws (which some are noticeably loose on this batch fyi.  Possibly to avoid overtighten issues from batch 1?) And they were all fine.  Tightened any loose screws.   No cracked plastic anywhere.   Genuinely confused and wondering if anyone has had same issue?  It's super annoying riding it as is.  Almost sounds like bearing is making a grinding sound, but its brand new.  0 km before I got on.  I took it out for a long ride tonight to see if maybe it's just something out if tolerance that needs to be worn down, but nope.  It persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Other than that, wheel rides great.  Definitely better than 16x in all regard.  Handling is phenomenal.  Surprisingly agile.  Power seems endless.  No beeps yet on ******FANCIER MODE******Love it.  I will definitely brag about riding fancier from now on.  2 fast, 2 fancy.  Lock up your ladies.  Fancy feast is on the move.

New chamber caps on batch 2 are great.  Can't see it being an issue for offroad. 

Mine makes that noise as well. I can’t find anything that is loose, I even took apart the headlight assembly (which is where it seems to come from). I think it is just vibration. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, unless it gets worse. I’ve got over 500 miles on the v11 and the sound hasn’t changed at all. 

• Like 1