WaveCut

5 hours ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

how was the dust cleanup or the overall cleanup of the wheel after the rides?

It’s not bad, just takes a few minutes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jpd said:

Too nice to work, I had to go for a ride. The v11 makes me want to ride all the time.

Fantastic riding scenery. Proper jelly. 

But not sure if it's just the video, but your tyre seems pretty low? Looks like the rim is almost touch the ground. 

What psi are you using? 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Fantastic riding scenery. Proper jelly. 

But not sure if it's just the video, but your tyre seems pretty low? Looks like the rim is almost touch the ground. 

What psi are you using? 

It just looks low from the dust on the tire, I run about 35psi.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2020 at 8:01 PM, mike_bike_kite said:

Most Kingsong wheels have an immobilise function in the app that stops the wheel from balancing until turned off. Many of the 18" wheels allow you to use a U-lock to lock them to a railing etc - the danger though is if some kid comes along and presses the on button - does the wheel break trying to right itself? Even a key on the electrical system is unlikely to be a very safe solution as they'd almost certainly by an off the shelf keyed switch - the thief could just later swap the keyed switch for a normal switch. Here in London, bicycles chained to railings are stolen all the time, so I feel much happier taking my wheel with me. Obviously everyone's use case is different though ...

Hey I saw that you are located in London. I have used an MSX in another country and loved it but in UK I have only used a low profile wheel like the One E+. I am planning on getting the Inmotion V11 and I am satisfied with the specs and all, but do you have any recommendations regarding riding a more notable wheel in London. I know that people had a lot of run-ins with the cops last summer. Have the situation changed at all? After all it seems like electric scooters are starting to be accepted. I am just reaching out to multiple London-UK riders who have used proper EUCs here in our lovely country. 

I just got in my replacement tire valve caps I ordered from amazon. Wanted to share what I found after taking off the plastic valves on the shocks that shipped with the V11. It seems something may have hit the plastic hard enough and cracked one of them. They are really cheap though, and thats why I wanted to replace them with metal ones. Here's the images of the cracked one and the metal ones I bought. The metal ones also have a rubber ring seal; anti leak design. I would recommend anyone with a V11 to pay attention to their cheap plastic valves and ultimately replace them.

6nPenYr.jpg

3mS0d6t.jpg

Edited by Vagrant Sneaker
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

I just got in my replacement tire valve caps I ordered from amazon. Wanted to share what I found after taking off the plastic valves on the shocks that shipped with the V11. It seems something may have hit the plastic hard enough and cracked one of them.

There is a bigger risk hiding in that - the hit from bottom can damage the shock itself as well. Marty even made a video about this.

And the higher the cap is, the more likely it will happen. That’s why batch 2 is supposed to have the red cover redesigned so it has a lower profile and when tightened, it fixes itself against the black metal around the valve rather than just the valve.

I would certainly use (or made) something like that rather than a normal cap like you did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

I just got in my replacement tire valve caps I ordered from amazon. Wanted to share what I found after taking off the plastic valves on the shocks that shipped with the V11. It seems something may have hit the plastic hard enough and cracked one of them. They are really cheap though, and thats why I wanted to replace them with metal ones. Here's the images of the cracked one and the metal ones I bought. The metal ones also have a rubber ring seal; anti leak design. I would recommend anyone with a V11 to pay attention to their cheap plastic valves and ultimately replace them.

6nPenYr.jpg

3mS0d6t.jpg

If you plastic valve cover too a hit you will see a mark on it I am sure. 

Over tightening these will make them crack. Just like any other standard valve cover.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maxim Owl said:

Hey I saw that you are located in London. I have used an MSX in another country and loved it but in UK I have only used a low profile wheel like the One E+. I am planning on getting the Inmotion V11 and I am satisfied with the specs and all, but do you have any recommendations regarding riding a more notable wheel in London. I know that people had a lot of run-ins with the cops last summer. Have the situation changed at all? After all it seems like electric scooters are starting to be accepted. I am just reaching out to multiple London-UK riders who have used proper EUCs here in our lovely country. 

I mostly ride in the suburbs but there are lots of us all over London. If you ride with due care and attention then the police tend to just smile as you go past. If you ride like an idiot then they may well stop you. The problem of riding fast around pedestrians is that people will put a complaint in and then the police will be obliged to be on the look out, that means the next poor sap riding an EUC, even carefully, is likely to get stopped. 

I think any wheel is fine in London but it really depends on whether you're needing to go up and down stairs (trains and underground can involve a lot of stairs). It also depends on whether you're intending on going into lots of shops or an office with security. My KS16S just looks like strange luggage (as long as I turn the lights off) but the V11 looks like a proper vehicle which means it's more likely to get stopped. The speed of the traffic on the roads you intend to drive on is also a major consideration, I only feel safe up to 20mph on my KS16S so that effectively limits me to suburban roads. My next EUC will be capable of 30mph but obviously that means a larger and heavier wheel.

If I were you I'd start a new thread in the sub forum for helping people choose an EUC. State how far you're wanting to ride and what your weight is.  If you don't already ride EUC's then I wouldn't recommend a V11. It's a great EUC but it's a very heavy wheel and a little bit too fragile for learning on. 

[EDIT] Can now see that you already ride EUC's so please ignore the last paragraph.

Edited by mike_bike_kite

1 minute ago, UniVehje said:

YES IT DOES!! :clap3:

The best part is not having to slow down all the time. And then just floating over them is great. Maybe you can tell from the video, but the first days of riding is just looking for bumps and pot holes. I could have easily gone around them but it's just too much fun to hit them! :)

Now I'm smiling thinking about that 😁😁😊😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zopper said:

There is a bigger risk hiding in that - the hit from bottom can damage the shock itself as well. Marty even made a video about this.

And the higher the cap is, the more likely it will happen. That’s why batch 2 is supposed to have the red cover redesigned so it has a lower profile and when tightened, it fixes itself against the black metal around the valve rather than just the valve.

I would certainly use (or made) something like that rather than a normal cap like you did.

I saw what Marty did. To me, I don't think that's a better solution. You now have the pin exposed on top of the tape. So if you hit a rock or rocks, it could slowly deflate the shocks. I would rather have something there blocking the pin. Im not off roading anyway, so I would think it would be fine. I would love to own the new caps when InMotion remakes them. In fact, those should be give to all V11 owners that don't have them. It's part of the package and not our fault it wasn't made correctly. I'll probably reach out to EUCO about them.  

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

If you plastic valve cover too a hit you will see a mark on it I am sure. 

Over tightening these will make them crack. Just like any other standard valve cover.

Mine weren't that tight, but I can see your point. I actually removed them this week to put air in my shocks and when I put them back, I made sure not to do that. So, IDK.But like I said, they are very cheap and thin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

Mine weren't that tight, but I can see your point. I actually removed them this week to put air in my shocks and when I put them back, I made sure not to do that. So, IDK.But like I said, they are very cheap and thin.

They are standard valve caps, like any else you find on valves of normal tubes. 

When I rode bicycle in my younger days I have had a few sit like this. They are easy to get in any bike store.

If you put some metal on the valves you are making it easier to hit as they will normally not be as small as the plastic caps. Just saying.

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

If you put some metal on the valves you are making it easier to hit as they will normally not be as small as the plastic caps. Just saying.

These are actually smaller. I was looking for something that would be flush and not as long. I just don't see any other alternative out there. It's either you have an exposed valve that will most likely be prone to hits or protect it. Unless anyone else out there has a solution, we are all pretty much taking a chance either way. We will just have to wait for @Inmotion Global to make these available. To be honest, I don't like the idea of having the bottom of the shocks exposed like that either. I'm a bit concerned, long term, with all the dirt and dust creeping up into the tubes. Something that I'm gonna have to clean after every ride. Maybe with one of those long bottle brushes. 

h0m6q8w.jpg

Edited by Vagrant Sneaker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

These are actually smaller. I was looking for something that would be flush and not as long. I just don't see any other alternative out there. It's either you have an exposed valve that will most likely be prone to hits or protect it. Unless anyone else out there has a solution, we are all pretty much taking a chance either way. We will just have to wait for @Inmotion Global to make these available. To be honest, I don't like the idea of having the bottom of the shocks exposed like that either. I'm a bit concerned, long term, with all the dirt and dust creeping up into the tubes. Something that I'm gonna have to clean after every ride. Maybe with one of those long bottle brushes. 

h0m6q8w.jpg

I have a 1st batch unit and the metal covers that screw on to the valve stem protect the valve and cover the end of the shock.  They screw on flush and can't move side to side, if you hit a pointed rock it could potentially do some damage if it was strong enough to puncture the metal cover.  This would happen with any type of cover, to tell you the truth I don't know what is the issue.

I guarantee they provide a lot more protection than those simple covers.

1 hour ago, Themarsman said:

I have a 1st batch unit and the metal covers that screw on to the valve stem protect the valve and cover the end of the shock.  They screw on flush and can't move side to side, if you hit a pointed rock it could potentially do some damage if it was strong enough to puncture the metal cover.  This would happen with any type of cover, to tell you the truth I don't know what is the issue.

I guarantee they provide a lot more protection than those simple covers.

I got Batch 1b and they came with these plastic covers, so I wanted to change them to metal ones. Im just waiting to see when InMotion will make the new covers available. Actullay, I will request them from them first because I didn't get the old ones.

9 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

These are actually smaller. I was looking for something that would be flush and not as long. I just don't see any other alternative out there. It's either you have an exposed valve that will most likely be prone to hits or protect it. Unless anyone else out there has a solution, we are all pretty much taking a chance either way.

I thought about making something like the orange part on this pic. It's just a sketch, ignore specific dimensions. Black is the V11 shock housing, red is a cap like you bought, orange is the protector. The protector would be a bit higher than the cap and snug tightly into the hole while having a bit of space around the center. So even a strong hit should not transfer to the shock unless the rock is reaaally pointy. It needs to be removed to access the cap, though, so I'm not sure how to attach it there. Maybe a bit of Velcro on the bottom of the hole, around the shock? Or two-sided tape that you throw away and replace every time?
Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 08.10.11.png

2 hours ago, Themarsman said:

Every millimetre of height can count, so it's too high. It doesn't hold tightly and got unscrewed and (potentially) lost to few people, or worse, it could take a hit while partially unscrewed. And from what I've seen and understood, it doesn't really dip INTO the hole around the shock. It just sits on the top rim, attached only to the shock itself. So a hit from a side will transfer to the shock itself. The new iteration goes a bit into the hole (cutouts on the edge of the cover), so a sideway hit will push it against the black metal rim, which should be way stronger than the shock valve.

Edited by Zopper
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, h3X said:

Give it a lip that braces against the shock housing, so impacts will be distributed into the housing instead

Yes, that's the goal. The shock valve should not be in any way connected/touching to the protector, it will be touching the black metal around only. But as I don't have my V11 yet, I'm not sure if it can be attached in some sensible way, etc etc...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zopper said:

Yes, that's the goal. The shock valve should not be in any way connected/touching to the protector, it will be touching the black metal around only. But as I don't have my V11 yet, I'm not sure if it can be attached in some sensible way, etc etc...

Gorilla tape is the magic word. It is black and don't leave a mark (kinda like silver tape but a little bit different). Weather resistant too. 

gorilla-tape-black-9m.png.webp

Looking at your picture, I see the point in your concept. Question here is if you make this in metal it will be a hard impact point. Doing in plastic do not have the same stress tolerance. Making it in foam (yoga block, or yoga matt or similar) make it able to absorb some impact but adding more risk of impact transferring to the valve. 

I like your concept I just don't know what would be the right way to go about this...yet. 

Since I don't go on this rocky trails normally. They risk I have on my V11 is slim. So I guess I will wait out doing much for now. Once Inmotion have the new "protected' design they showed earlier they will use going forward, I kinda expect you could get these new parts if this is really important to you. But right now I don't know how much you need to change. Or if it could be modified some way.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Gorilla tape is the magic word. It is black and don't leave a mark (kinda like silver tape but a little bit different). Weather resistant too. 

gorilla-tape-black-9m.png.webp

Looking at your picture, I see the point in your concept. Question here is if you make this in metal it will be a hard impact point. Doing in plastic do not have the same stress tolerance. Making it in foam (yoga block, or yoga matt or similar) make it able to absorb some impact but adding more risk of impact transferring to the valve. 

I like your concept I just don't know what would be the right way to go about this...yet. 

Since I don't go on this rocky trails normally. They risk I have on my V11 is slim. So I guess I will wait out doing much for now. Once Inmotion have the new "protected' design they showed earlier they will use going forward, I kinda expect you could get these new parts if this is really important to you. But right now I don't know how much you need to change. Or if it could be modified some way.

Where are you going to see updates from Inmotion? How can I get access to follow along from them? Is it on telegram?