WaveCut

21 hours ago, Gustesta said:

Please, I kindly ask to a V11 owner to post his weight and best psi suspension settings.  

I'm 200 pounds 6'2 - What settings should I go for?

Many thanks!

230 lbs, and I'm searching my favourite between 130/0 and 150/50 psi. Those seemed to be the limits after which the performance decreased for me.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Gustesta said:

Please, I kindly ask to a V11 owner to post his weight and best psi suspension settings.  

Many thanks!

I'm 71 kg / 157 lbs and currently testing 90/50 psi. It seems quite good but can still be better I think. Maybe I'll try something lower at some point.

Edited by jums
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jums said:

I'm 71 kg / 157 lbs and currently testing 90/50 psi. It seems quite good but can still be better I think. Maybe I'll try something lower at some point.

I am 178 lbs and riding at 120/50 with 35psi in tire. So far so good and my knees are very thankful. :D

• Like 2

Hello V11 owners! This might sound like a stupid question but does the suspension feel cheap or squeaky in any way?

I’m still torn between this and an 18XL ... I just love that wheel...  it’s reliable, smooth, easy tire change, slim design, great trolley, cheap and easily replaceable parts ... but no IP55 rating  :( 

Thanks in advance... if I could try the V11 before spending almost 3000$ CAN it would be much simpler but I « need » to upgrade my MSuper V3S+... all the other wheels you see in my profile are from when I was working in Europe. I was selling them after 6 months :( 

1 hour ago, Spinner said:

Hello V11 owners! This might sound like a stupid question but does the suspension feel cheap or squeaky in any way?

To me not in the slightest. Every single aspect and part of the wheel feels luxurious to me, in a way no other wheel I’ve laid my hands on ever did. Somebody reported a slight noise, but it seemed to go away by tightening the pedals.

The trolley handle height is perfect for me. I’m 193cm (6’ 5”?) tall. 

• Like 2

On 8/17/2020 at 8:19 PM, onecho said:

For what it's worth, my dealer is saying that the second batch that left today is destined for the Chinese, not North American market. 

I also heard that (from smartwheel.ca)... Such a bummer, Liam's post about batch 2 going out was just a cruel tease. I ordered in May and the delays are painful.

....does anyone have any guesses as to when they will start hitting North America again? What is the latest word from eWheels?

1 hour ago, StuartL said:

Something is inconsistent here.  I bought mine (paid) only last Saturday and my dealer is telling me that it left Inmotion yesterday...  Someone's dealer (maybe mine, maybe yours?) is lying...

Which dealer 😊

8 hours ago, Spinner said:

I’m still torn between this and an 18XL ... I just love that wheel...  it’s reliable, smooth, easy tire change, slim design, great trolley, cheap and easily replaceable parts ... but no IP55 rating  :( 

• Reliability : 18XL will win that hands down. The current list of issues on the V11 are listed here.
  • Smooth : The V11 should easily win with it's suspension and a 3" tyre.
  • Tire change : 18XL should be far easier because there's no suspension etc.
  • Slim design : I think they're quite similar here.
  • Trolley : They both seem to work well, maybe it depends on your height or personal preferences.
  • Cheap and easily replaceable parts : 18XL should win here as it's been around longer and parts are easily available. The added advantage of the 18XL is that it's quite difficult to break as opposed to the V11 (see the results of Hsiang's crash).
  • IP55 rating : Inmotion gave themselves an IP55 rating but at least it shows they were thinking about waterproofing though there was a case of Duf's V11 breaking down after a rain storm due to the bearings failing (I think Inmotion have now changed the bearings). The 18XL doesn't have an IP rating but it is well built and there aren't any stories of bad waterproofing. 

At the end of the day you have to work out whether you want the suspension and the improved lighting of the V11 or whether you want the simple rugged reliability of the 18XL. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StuartL said:

Something is inconsistent here.  I bought mine (paid) only last Saturday and my dealer is telling me that it left Inmotion yesterday...  Someone's dealer (maybe mine, maybe yours?) is lying...

Not necessarily.

This is how it works in the company I work for and I expect this to be the same from Inmotion. 

First of you need to differentiate between shipping methods. Air-, rail-, sea- freight or a mix of these.  You reseller might choose different from your choice from reseller to you.  This is one of the first thing that impact delivery times to you. 

Now the delivery time to reseller depends on how soon they made their order (not yours). 1 of April was cut date for preorder booking at Inmotion. Any order commeing later would be handled as secondary order. 

So let's say 50 units of the 100 1st batch were made, those would be spread world wide to get these out different countries. We know delays happend and my wheel was part of the 2nd half of 1st batch. 

Now from 2nd batch going forward they will fulfill orders as they were placed. Once those ships to your reseller they get expected reliable delivery date. Ince the shipping partner set their delivery it becomes a confirmed delivery until it is in-stock. As they get in-stock at your reseller they ship to you normally as they got their orders from customers. Some resellers might treat a few customers as VIP so they jump the queue but otherwise this is the mechanics. 

The big problem is the many changes applied during 1st batch building. This means new parts need to reach production line. And unfortunately the production line has not been up in full speed as soon as we all have hoped. 

You could argue that Inmotion could have done better....

....another angle in this is they taken feedback from customers very seriously and reacted very fast to 1 case issues that we have not seen to my knowledge before. 

Anyway you choose to look at this and how annoying the wait is, it is to make as good a product to reach the customer as they possible can do from Inmotion and using experience early on from riders. 

Initial I wanted to wait to next spring to let the V11 mature. But after having seen how Inmotion worked with feedback from myself and others I decided to get in very early. 

In the end any shipments going out now should be a bit better. Compared to my 1st batch 2nd half shipment, you now get different bearing, reworked saddel mount is in 3rd batch. 

New firmware has been made and a new version are in development. 

Imho it just show how dynamic Inmotion is taking their V11 launch despite delays and setbacks. 

I think it is worth the wait if you ask me. It is easy for me saying so when I got a V11. I know. But it is a totally different wheel than previous EUC made. It is a complex thing made simple yet more complex than a normal EUC. 

This clip is bad visually but the mood it recorded is still like this to me now  almost 1 week after. 

I just showed my wheel off to a few colleagues today. One comment I got....you look soooooo happy. And yes that is correct. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spinner said:

Thanks in advance... if I could try the V11 before spending almost 3000$ CAN it would be much simpler but I « need » to upgrade my MSuper V3S+... all the other wheels you see in my profile are from when I was working in Europe. I was selling them after 6 months :( 

No such thing as a silly question;)  i’ll just jump in with a response to this, the suspension feels very robust. I’ve jumped off some heights, sought out potholes/ cracks and the wheel didn’t feel or sound compromised after.

Funnily enough although it’s a single wheel I actually feel more confident and comfortable riding fast over rough terrain than comparably priced suspension bikes. 

What were your thoughts riding the 18XL you seem to be leaning towards it? 

Like you said the 18XL is tried and tested and it is more nimble and practical in many instances than the V11. However since you’ve come from the MSV3 the 18XL may probably feel like a downgrade performance wise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Creative Nomad said:

5”11 (i think) it definitely feels too low for me!

I am 176cm or 5'9" and it is absolutely no issue for me I can almost walk the wheel.without the trolley.  

I guess some of us just has longer arms. What do you say @mrelwood you are 193cm if I recall right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:
  • Reliability : 18XL will win that hands down. The current list of issues on the V11 are listed here.
  • Smooth : The V11 should easily win with it's suspension and a 3" tyre.
  • Tire change : 18XL should be far easier because there's no suspension etc.
  • Slim design : I think they're quite similar here.
  • Trolley : They both seem to work well, maybe it depends on your height or personal preferences.
  • Cheap and easily replaceable parts : 18XL should win here as it's been around longer and parts are easily available. The added advantage of the 18XL is that it's quite difficult to break as opposed to the V11 (see the results of Hsiang's crash).
  • IP55 rating : Inmotion gave themselves an IP55 rating but at least it shows they were thinking about waterproofing though there was a case of Duf's V11 breaking down after a rain storm due to the bearings failing (I think Inmotion have now changed the bearings). The 18XL doesn't have an IP rating but it is well built and there aren't any stories of bad waterproofing. 

At the end of the day you have to work out whether you want the suspension and the improved lighting of the V11 or whether you want the simple rugged reliability of the 18XL. 

Thanks, buddy. I might wait for an improved version of the V11. That tire change and the difficult valve access are going to get on my nerves I know it!

1 hour ago, Creative Nomad said:

Like you said the 18XL is tried and tested and it is more nimble and practical in many instances than the V11. However since you’ve come from the MSV3 the 18XL may probably feel like a downgrade performance wise.

On this I do not agree at all. 

Yes the KS18L/XL are a more compact design. But the tire on the V11 makes it so much easier to tight navigate on super slow speeds. The pedal height add to this and makes it near impossible to scrape on even ground. When riding you don't feel the weight. Lifting up stairs the trolley/fixed handle is so much better balanced and the slim design of the V11 make the heavier wheel feel not as heavy. 

As practical the V11 stands out big time here too with a lot better head and rear light. The built-in stand (yes the wheel can tumble over if ground is uneven or pushed) is super great when trolleying and doing shopping. It is also great if the wheel is wet as it makes the footprint smaller on ground when water run of the wheel/tire and makes sure water do not run into charge ports.

The only thing that speaks in the KS18L/XL favour is:

* similar maintenance.

* long time tested model.

* on-stock in many places, so no query.

Edited by Unventor
Spelling like always...
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Creative Nomad said:

No such thing as a silly question;)  i’ll just jump in with a response to this, the suspension feels very robust. I’ve jumped off some heights, sought out potholes/ cracks and the wheel didn’t feel or sound compromised after.

Funnily enough although it’s a single wheel I actually feel more confident and comfortable riding fast over rough terrain than comparably priced suspension bikes. 

What were your thoughts riding the 18XL you seem to be leaning towards it? 

Thanks, Creative Nomad. My thoughts toward the 18Xl only come from my experience with the 18L. I also had a 16x (had to leave it in storage in Paris in March!). Sold the 18L but I remember it being so comfortable and fun to casually carve with. You know when you lean and put your weight on your heels in that turn the smoothness is so great and I didn't have it with my 16x because it was "too" responsive. I like a little lag but not too much. I feel my MSuper V3S+ drives a bit like a bus sometimes. You're saying an 18XL would feel like a downgrade from an MSuper V3S+? Isn't it more reactive? By reactive I mean the pedals don't need to move downwards as much to get some acceleration.

When you write that the 18XL would be more nimble than the V11, is it because of its narrower tire and its overall weight? Thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:35 PM, Gustesta said:

Many thanks!

I am currently 86kg so add 5-15kg when geared or doing shopping. In general I think 95kg is about my riding weight mostly. I am 176cm or 5'9".

I ride now at 100psi buttom valves, and 50ish* top valves. 

*ish due to my lag on understand of the pump. I filed to 60psi but some air slipped out disconnecting the pump. 

Now you need to add in tire pressure too as it is very much part of the equation too. 

I settled on 30psi. I made a V11 suspension slow motion video. I have had a few comments on it is too stiff or too soft.  It standing on the wheel I can say ot worked pretty great for me. 

Now with your weight I think somewhere 100-115 psi button valves should work good. I would go with 50psi top. Tire pressure depends....

I don't do high drop or jumping stuff. But I think you should go a little higher than you would normally. Main reason you are likely to go over thing now that you didn't do before. You also likely to do it at higher speeds on obstacles you would normally do. It becomes more nimble too and you don't need the tire to cushion as much and on a non-suspended wheel. On the other hand you don't want it to become too bouncy either. 

• Like 1