WaveCut

Video is convincing ..... so maybe I should not cancel my V11 order at speedyfeet ?   

Or just bloody wait for all reviews and stress tests before I bloody buy anythang? 

look at them  disdrespecting the specs they made for us? 

Edited by Finn Bjerke

I think this thread is going south... I don't understand half of the comments anymore... is it me?

Communists? "Them"?

What do you talk about? Are you guys real? 

I am stuck. 

Edited by Coco66
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Either the S18 suspension is from another planet or the difference is very small. I will have a chance to compare both tomorrow. 

I am anxiously awaiting your comparison.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

So I am kind of disappointed in how biased the people in this thread are, I'm getting a fanboy vibe for something that really hasn't been out long enough to form a concrete opinion (though it seems there is a lot of false confidence and absolutes being spoken about here without having tested anything). I seem to recall other wheel based threads having a measured response to dissent, but maybe I am mistaken?

I do sincerely hope there aren't any more issues with the V11, but I still stand behind my previous statement that having such a bulbous tire and wheel so flush with the casing will only cause more problems in the future (I think to claim otherwise would be foolhardy), and I'm really not digging how fragile these suspension based wheels are although I'm glad they are being developed.

I get it I'm in the V11 thread with people wanting to validate their hard earned money, but I just hope you guys don't hide any crashes or problems you have with your personal V11. That would be a shame. I really like Inmotion and hope to see more from them after this iteration.

Really? I see a few "fan boy" posts but for the most part i feel like the last 2 weeks has really soured most peoples view of the v11.  It was impressively "flawless" for the initial testing periods but now that the units have taken a beating, suddenly we are seeing glaring issues come to light.  Im personally optimistic that my batch 2 v11 will be a wonderful wheel when i finally recieve it.  But theres no ignoring the valve cap issue, and the control board overheat issue.  These are two major flaws that owners need to be aware of. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jpd said:

Hsiang did not state in his video how fast he was going, I’m sure he was way over 20mph.

He said he was going around 26-28mph.

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

I do say the same thing about the S18. I  am  very pleased with the total package the V11 is. It isn't just a suspension. It is a practical wheel.with suspension.  

That is the main difference imo. If I wanted to jump all over I would by a skateboard. Now I like to have and EUC that doesn't limit me and this is what the V11 is. 

I have not tested the S18 and it matters not at all to me. It is also why I don't follow or really post in S18 thread any more. 

I focus on what I bought and what it does for me. And I have never been this happy about a wheel before. 

I don't need to down talk the S18. I am sure it is a fine wheel. But it isn't for me and what I want from a wheel. 

V11 is vastly superior in everything except suspension and sturdyness. How am i downtalking the other wheel? It is what it is. The suspension works fine but this changes when youre going fast. At those time the suspension gotta be set up with much lower psi then normal imo or we gonna have more ppl crashing from a little bump. 
This is not a problem on the S18 considering it goes a bit slower and rebound can be dialed in on the suspension. If you buy even better shock you can make it work even better.

I bought S18 because it was cheaper by a lot for me and because im not limited by the battery considering a i dont ride that far.

34 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Well, today I had a chance to try the S18. Before yesterday I expected the S18 suspension to be very active and supple and V11 suspension to be there just to take the edge off but nothing more. This was because of all the talk and theories about S18 more complex system etc. But after comparison I have to say it’s the opposite. I think it was all theoretical and there’s something missing from the S18 system. Maybe too much friction in the joints or just a bad execution. It was very passive and just didn’t feel like anything. You need to have more speed and bigger bumps for it to even move. The V11 on the other hand is constantly reacting and moving. It gives a very floaty feeling. I very much prefer it on every terrain. S18 feels like it’s stuck and not as comfortable. There will be many disappointed S18 owners who bought it for the better suspension and then get to try a V11. 

The S18 is a very nice wheel. And that suspension might still work better on some big bumps at high speeds, I didn’t test that. Acceleration felt really good and it was very nimble. The pads didn’t feel right for me. Build quality is not at V11 level. 

I think you didnt take your time to dial in all the setting its not as straight forward as jumping on someone else wheel and think the suspension is gonna work fine.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Well, today I had a chance to try the S18.

Was the suspension adjusted properly to your weight?

32 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Build quality is not at V11 level. 

Are you saying that as a good thing or a bad thing? It's just we have one video reviewer with a V11 in pieces, another with the motherboard blown and another with the bearings rusted out. A couple have had the saddle sections snap and a few others have had issues with the screws. Obviously the S18 is far from perfect but I can't say I'm convinced by the build quality of the V11 either. After all, we have plenty of 18XL's with over 5000km that look brand new.

• Like 2

Just added this to my V11 thread. I am sorry the video didn't turn out as I hoped. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tenofnine said:

I get it I'm in the V11 thread with people wanting to validate their hard earned money, but I just hope you guys don't hide any crashes or problems you have with your personal V11. That would be a shame. I really like Inmotion and hope to see more from them after this iteration.

I have never hidden any of my crashes yet. 

But I  like to state that even if someone is crashing it is not necessarily the wheel that is to blame. 

I can say this that it is so easy to get overconfident on the V11 and ot runs so smooth that it can easily surprise you how fast you are going. 

Now today I had to make a split decision to run a yellow turning red light (it cought me by surprise) or to brake for it. This is the first time I had to brake semi hard. 

Braking hard were one of my concerns. It isn't any more. I could have push it a lot more. No wobbles despite I had tired feets. Normal when my feet get tired I loose sensation in them and then I get more easily wobbles on any wheel. 

You can call it fanboy. It doesn't change that I love my wheel. And I am exploring it. Unfortunately my other video footage didn't turn out as I wanted so I rather reshoots it tomorrow (another excuse to go ride). 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, eve said:

I think you didnt take your time to dial in all the setting its not as straight forward as jumping on someone else wheel and think the suspension is gonna work fine.

And I think you’re in denial. 

But for the record, I’ve now tested the V11 with 6-7 different settings, with a wide range, and the S18 with two settings. And I know how it all works. My comment is my initial feelings from first tests. I’m sure I can find even better settings for  both wheels, but I also know the difference would be very small. There isn’t some magic setting lurking around that would suddenly turn the S18 around and make it better. The difference was a big one. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

another with the motherboard blown and another with the bearings rusted out.

As far as I know, the blown motherboard was a preproduction version, and the bearings issue has been dealt with.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Normal when my feet get tired I loose sensation in them and then I get more easily wobbles on any wheel. 

Does suspension change that for you in any way?

16 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Was the suspension adjusted properly to your weight?

Almost, but dialing it just perfect wouldn’t change my view. Tried on two very different settings. Maybe riding hundreds of kilometers on both make me find new things to appreciate and learn to utilize their features better. But the initial feel was very clear. They are very different and I didn’t feel anything on the S18 that was better. I could feel the difference between settings and both were not far from optimal for me. 

17 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Are you saying that as a good thing or a bad thing?

Bad. I’m talking about how it’s put together and attention to small details. You mentioned some first batch or preproduction or anecdotal issues, that’s a different story. My unit is not perfect either. 
But I’m also not saying it’s bad quality. I’ve seen much worse. It’s at the level of other recent Kingsongs, better than the usual Gotways. It’s just that Inmotion has taken a big step further in build quality and it wasn’t bad before either. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, h3X said:

Does suspension change that for you in any way?

It is a hidden side effect. I still stand with bend legs but not as much as normal. This make my legs and feet not tire as fast. I am still adapting a new feet possition. This is where the rubber logo on the pedals come into help. I am standing much more duck feet pose and the rubber logo act as my guide. Heels in tight towards the wheel and outside foot just barely touch the rubber. I am size 7.5 or eu40 in foot size. So I can more a lot on the pedals. My front overhang is about 1-2cm. You see it in my video. 

So yes the suspension change many things. Now I have now about 75km on my wheel but I never gain confidence this fast before to this level. 

I do think my previous wheels have helped though. The mc leaning on high speed slow turns is something I really love. I love my KS16X but the water damage and dying control board did dent this a bit. The V11 is just so different in any possible good way so I can't really compare them. 

Now I got a video msg from @mrelwood so I know I am not along with this feeling. Also if you look at wrong Ways unboxing you see the same ecstatic feeling. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

... the control board overheat issue.  These are two major flaws that owners need to be aware of. 

What "control board overheat" issue? 

Mind giving us a link to the source? 

Hey everyone I was about to cancel my V11 order but realized I’m rather confused about the saddle screws situation:

is it only the screws that break easily or the saddle’s plastic as well (not counting a crash but with agressive driving)?

Thanks in advance for your answers it will save me countless minutes on YouTube I would never get back. ;)