WaveCut

1 hour ago, Skywalker said:

Definitely going to upgrade that god awful fan with one with better airflow less noise.

Yeah I'm thinking I will change that noisy fan too. Does anyone know the rpm and the size of the Inmotion fan?.  Idk but maybe size:60mm or 80mm? rpm:1200?

I think Inmotion uses a fan that has IP water resistant rating. So we need to buy a fan that is water resistant too

Edited by VizioN-Scope
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

I just read that the batch 1A came with a bad quality charger. My V11 came from batch 1B I presume; mine didn't come with the original valve caps. They came with generic black plastic ones. Does anyone have an image or would anyone know if the one I received, in the images below, is the better one? Just concerned because the charger seems to get EXTREMELY HOT. Not accustom to that if its normal. I know it takes 10hrs to charge the wheel, so Im really looking forward to getting another one.

NIP3aH6.jpg

WvN6qbM.jpg

Those kind of chargers get uncomfortably hot. My stock gotway and kingsong chargers get very hot as well. I have the adjustable ones from ewheels and they don't get hot like that. 

14 minutes ago, Flying W said:

Those kind of chargers get uncomfortably hot. My stock gotway and kingsong chargers get very hot as well. I have the adjustable ones from ewheels and they don't get hot like that. 

Thanks. May have to look into what good fast chargers are out there. They do seem to be a bit pricey though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VizioN-Scope said:

Yeah I'm thinking I will change that noisy fan too. Does anyone know the rpm and the size of the Inmotion fan?.  Idk but maybe size:60mm or 80mm? rpm:1200?

I think Inmotion uses a fan that has IP water resistant rating. So we need to buy a fan that is water resistant too

I love replacing noisy or inefficient fans in many kinds of electronics.  After looking at the specs for Inmotions fan, I couldn't locate a obviously better fan on digikey.

Stock specs:

• Power: 12v
  • Dimensions: 40*40*20
  • Airflow: 14.01 CFM
  • Pressure: 16.67 mmH20 (0.656 inH20)
  • Noise: 45 dBa

Input those specs as filters into digiKey gives very few results.  This doesn't account for water-rated either.  Perhaps the Lejowe spec sheet is a bunch of lies, I don't know. 

Widening the search results to include thinner (15mm) fans actually reveals an option from Delta which is IP55, and only 41.5dBA with roughly the same specs.

Edited by musk
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I have an 18XL and just tested it briefly after two days of riding the V11. It’s a huge difference and the V11 is a big upgrade. Absolutely not worth it for the same price. There are production issues with the V11 but it’s worth the wait if you already have an EUC to use. 

That's reassuring as I recently picked up an18xl and really like it. Can you say more about the comparison....

Would you say the V11 has more torque,  higher top speed, even more stability? How about agility.

Also is the range that much more in the V11 compared to the 18XL?

The 18xl feels really good in these areas.  

7 hours ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

I just read that the batch 1A came with a bad quality charger. My V11 came from batch 1B I presume; mine didn't come with the original valve caps. They came with generic black plastic ones. Does anyone have an image or would anyone know if the one I received, in the images below, is the better one? Just concerned because the charger seems to get EXTREMELY HOT. Not accustom to that if its normal. I know it takes 10hrs to charge the wheel, so Im really looking forward to getting another one.

NIP3aH6.jpg

WvN6qbM.jpg

Both my V11 chargers gets hot. But so do all stock chargers I have from both Inmotion V8/V10f and Kingsong KS18 2x and for my KS16X I got a special build psu from @EUniCycles.eu that has a active fan (so this charger is cooler to touch).

I have not heard anything about the charger issues some refer to. So would like yo know more of the source of this info. 

50 minutes ago, Sentient said:

That's reassuring as I recently picked up an18xl and really like it. Can you say more about the comparison....

Would you say the V11 has more torque,  higher top speed, even more stability? How about agility.

Also is the range that much more in the V11 compared to the 18XL?

The 18xl feels really good in these areas.  

I have ridded KS18XL briefly. But it is similar to my KS18L 

The V11 feels much smoother in any any you compare these. 

The only things that I can see that is in favour for KS18XL is:

Availability both wheel and spare parts. Possible to get a cover from roll.nz @The Fat Unicyclist ? It has several batch interactions so should not have any unexpected problems. 

But any and I really mean any other question is in favour for the V11. 

Now if you are to buy a wheel to learn to tide that is where I think the KS18L/XL might serve you better. If you have ridden other wheels the V11 is an upgrade to look at. The difference is knowing something about EUCs behaviour. Because the V11 is so different when hitting a obstacle or going up/down a curb you need some reference for not pushing this too far. It is a little hard to explain in text. On a demo ot is very easy to show once you feel the feedback of the wheel.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, musk said:

I love replacing noisy or inefficient fans in many kinds of electronics.  After looking at the specs for Inmotions fan, I couldn't locate a obviously better fan on digikey.

Stock specs:

• Power: 12v
  • Dimensions: 40*40*20
  • Airflow: 14.01 CFM
  • Pressure: 16.67 mmH20 (0.656 inH20)
  • Noise: 45 dBa

Input those specs as filters into digiKey gives very few results.  This doesn't account for water-rated either.  Perhaps the Lejowe spec sheet is a bunch of lies, I don't know. 

Widening the search results to include thinner (15mm) fans actually reveals an option from Delta which is IP55, and only 41.5dBA with roughly the same specs.

I did a quick search on Ebay and found a IP55 water resistant Fan with:

Dimensions: 40mm x 40mm x 15mm

Bearing: Dual Ball

RPM: 11,000 RPM

Airflow: 14.8 CFM

Noise Level: 41.5 dBA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-AFB0412SHB-T500-40mm-x-15mm-Fan-12V-IP55-Water-Resistant-Dust-Protected/113603791713?epid=671418056&hash=item1a73504b61:g:Q-wAAOSwpzRcT-yq

I also think Fan adapters would be smart to use. 40mm to >> 60mm or 80mm or 92mm

fan-adapter.png

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=fan+40mm+adapter&_sacat=0

I also found these Waterproof fans: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=fan+60mm+Waterproof&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=fan+Waterproof+

Edited by VizioN-Scope

39 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I have not heard anything about the charger issues some refer to. So would like yo know more of the source of this info. 

It was posted in the known issues thread for the V11. 

Charging issues [unknown]
Reported by some. Inmotion confirmed low quality of chargers and a manufacturer switch. I'm not sure if 1B batch is already fixed or it still have the original charger

7 hours ago, VizioN-Scope said:

Does anyone know the rpm and the size of the Inmotion fan?

It's a 40mm fan with an air flow of 14 cfm/23.8 m3/h. I have found two suitable replacements:
https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a4x20-flx/specification
This one matches the size but at maximal rpm doesn't achieve the same airflow.
https://noctua.at/en/nf-a6x25-flx/specification
This one could be installed with a 3D printed adapter from 40 to 60 mm. It provides the same airflow as the stock fan at a reduced noise level.

Noctua is renowned for making quiet computer case fans. I have used them for over a decade and never had a problem with them.

Edited by h3X

42 minutes ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

It was posted in the known issues thread for the V11. 

Charging issues [unknown]
Reported by some. Inmotion confirmed low quality of chargers and a manufacturer switch. I'm not sure if 1B batch is already fixed or it still have the original charge

Okey let me be more specific.  Because it is posted here it does not say the source where this case from. 

I have not seen anything on Inmotion channels about this nor that they said they did anything about it.

Yes I could have missed the info entirely. 

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

I thought about doing so too. But then I received my V11. The automatic silencing of the fan when stopping works really well for me.

I got used to it. In fact this fan isn't that annoying when you're riding. Actually, its noise helps to mask out squeaks from the suspension :P

• Like 1

Just now, Seba said:

I got used to it. In fact this fan isn't that annoying when you're riding.

I only noticed that it was on when I was about to stop.

Just now, Seba said:

Actually, its noise helps to mask out squeaks from the suspension :P

Squeaks?! My V11 is perfectly silent. Maybe you also have a squeaky dog toy under the saddle like on the Ecodrift review? :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

Squeaks?! My V11 is perfectly silent. Maybe you also have a squeaky dog toy under the saddle like on the Ecodrift review? 

Haha, no :) But I was riding on a demo unit that has already few hundreds km on the clock. In last days I added another 600 km, riding in dust and dirt. I think any suspended wheel will start to squeak ocassionally due to dust getting into suspension mechanism.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Okey let me be more specific.  Because it is posted here it does not say the source where this case from. 

I have not seen anything on Inmotion channels about this nor that they said they did anything about it.

Yes I could have missed the info entirely. 

I was absolutely sure that this was reported either here or in Telegram channel, but I can't find it now. I'll search for a bit more and if I find nothing, I will remove this from the list. It could be about another wheel or entirely misremembered memory... :-/

9 minutes ago, Seba said:

Haha, no :) But I was riding on a demo unit that has already few hundreds km on the clock. In last days I added another 600 km, riding in dust and dirt. I think any suspended wheel will start to squeak ocassionally due to dust getting into suspension mechanism.

I got a squeak after riding dirt roads. I’ve been trying to locate it and it doesn’t seem to be the suspension. Feels like it’s the pedal attachment. The sound doesn’t come when the suspension moves, only when I shift weight forward and back on the right pedal. But good to know it’s not just me, I’m hoping to find the cause and solution to it. 

24 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

All the talk about the smaller unsprung weight or the progressive linkage on the S18 making it more responsive seems even more ridiculous now. My guess is that it’s the friction in the linkage that makes all of them a moot point. And then some.

There’s this post on the S18 thread that speaks about the same feeling. But the Ecodrift guy said that after some riding and wearing down the suspension started to move more freely. So there’s still hope for the S18 to work better than what we experienced.

But in general @mrelwood explained it very well there. I share the same feeling after the test. It just doesn’t move as freely as the V11 and it’s not about the right settings. On our group ride I was at one point following @FinRider (owner of the S18 we tested) within two meters on a gravel road and watching his suspension from behind. I could not see any movement there until there was a larger bump. At the same time I felt my suspension moving constantly. Let’s see after his suspension gets broken in and we get to try it again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Since I don't expect Inmotion to elaborate on the changes to the production wheels, personally I would wait ~4-months after they ship to see if they are truly reliable. 

There are a bunch of V11's out in the wild and only one has done what yours did.  Until those statistics change I don't see any reason to panic or to write-off the entire production batch because of what happened with one very used pre-production model.

We are all hoping you were just unlucky Marty, but don't take it personally :)

• Like 3

So overall..

Is the V11 ready for normal everyday use?

I hear parts breaking like chocolate
Squeakie suspensions
Hot mobo's giving up life
Lights (front + back) giving up after 100km ride...

I'm ready to order.. should i ?!??!?!!?