WaveCut

7 hours ago, eve said:

I think you didn't take your time to dial in all the settings its not as straight forward as jumping on someone else's wheel and think the suspension is gonna work fine.

This is what riders need to understand. DON'T EXPECT to just jump on a V11 or S18 and be like, "This feels great" without you ever calibrating it to your weight/liking. Thats nonsense. Especially with the different suspension on the S18. It's a bit more complicated than the V11. There's more calibrating involved with the S18 for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

wasn't a production unit though

Do you know what changes where made that will prevent it from happening in the production units?  Personally i will be very careful with my unit to avoid high heat situations until the production units have been thoroughly beaten and tested.  Its a serious issue until its proven not to be an issue.  I cant safely assume it will not be an issue and ignore it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Do you know what changes where made that will prevent it from happening in the production units?  Personally i will be very careful with my unit to avoid high heat situations until the production units have been thoroughly beaten and tested.  Its a serious issue until its proven not to be an issue.  I cant safely assume it will not be an issue and ignore it

We have another rider who says he weights more than Marty and who drags the wheel up his own overheating hills repeatedly with no problems on a batch 1 wheel. And he gets way higher temperatures than Marty had at the moment. So either it is a an intermittent issue (some wheels yes, some no), or, more likely, it was already dealt with at least partially.
TBH, I'm not even sure it was overheating per se. The wheel was on its side and being lifted after a short pause when it happened, so it could be something else entirely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spinner said:

Hey everyone I was about to cancel my V11 order but realized I’m rather confused about the saddle screws situation:

is it only the screws that break easily or the saddle’s plastic as well (not counting a crash but with agressive driving)?

Thanks in advance for your answers it will save me countless minutes on YouTube I would never get back. ;)

From what I understood, the screws are an issue on all batch 1 wheels and some just were lucky to not crack the attachments yet. And I think all broken saddles have had a close and passionate relationship with the ground.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zopper said:

We have another rider who says he weights more than Marty and who drags the wheel up his own overheating hills repeatedly with no problems on a batch 1 wheel. And he gets way higher temperatures than Marty had at the moment. So either it is a an intermittent issue (some wheels yes, some no), or, more likely, it was already dealt with at least partially.
TBH, I'm not even sure it was overheating per se. The wheel was on its side and being lifted after a short pause when it happened, so it could be something else entirely.

that wheel was fu**ed from the start.... I think it's just a weird issue with that particular wheel not anything to do with the hill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

If you cancel your preorder, please do it for some bigger reason. This is not it. By the time you get one this is most likely already fixed. It’s just a bit too thin attachment point in the plastic that bears no weight. Even is it does crack it doesn’t affect riding and is easily fixable. 
And if it’s not fixed by the time you get your wheel, it’s under warranty and the most easily replaceable part. You take that off every time you pump the neg chamber.

posted it seven times to get the point across xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

If you cancel your preorder, please do it for some bigger reason. This is not it. By the time you get one this is most likely already fixed. It’s just a bit too thin attachment point in the plastic that bears no weight. Even is it does crack it doesn’t affect riding and is easily fixable. 
And if it’s not fixed by the time you get your wheel, it’s under warranty and the most easily replaceable part. You take that off every time you pump the neg chamber. 

I cancelled my preorder once i discovered this wheel can’t take a drop and that the speedo is kingsong-style inaccurate. Will give my money to Gotway for an EX. 

2 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I cancelled my preorder once i discovered this wheel can’t take a drop and that the speedo is kingsong-style inaccurate. Will give my money to Gotway for an EX. 

AFAIK the inaccurate speed is just a rumour started because comparing GPS speed and carving land speed on @Seba's ride. Someone then tested the V11 when going straight ahead without turns or carving and it was pretty accurate. And what do you mean by a drop? The @Hsiang's crash? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, UniVehje said:

And I think you’re in denial. 

But for the record, I’ve now tested the V11 with 6-7 different settings, with a wide range, and the S18 with two settings. And I know how it all works. My comment is my initial feelings from first tests. I’m sure I can find even better settings for  both wheels, but I also know the difference would be very small. There isn’t some magic setting lurking around that would suddenly turn the S18 around and make it better. The difference was a big one. 

For reference, the settings on the S18 were 200/90 and 150/50, rebound closed and at 15 clicks. 

It will be a process dialing this on. @UniVehje post the videos you took when going over the small bump. That was at the 200/90 setting, which indeed was a bit unresponsive. 

17 hours ago, UniVehje said:

And I think you’re in denial. 

Im not. :D I think you should do a bit more research before passing out verdicts that are not objective.

@FinRider Thats a pretty high for positive chamber and pretty low for negative chamber. 15 click as in the highest response rate? Also not the best idea. Try 5-8 clicks.

Edited by eve

1 hour ago, eve said:

Im not. :D I think you should do a bit more research before passing out verdicts that are not objective.

@FinRider Thats a pretty high for positive chamber and pretty low for negative chamber. 15 click as in the highest response rate? Also not the best idea. Try 5-8 clicks.

No, the settings are in the range of the recommended values and the rebound Adjustment is 30 clicks end to end. I wont take up space in the v11 thread to discuss this as it belongs in the s18 thread.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Thanks I was thinking of getting an KS18XL instead but at the same price something tells me I should wait a little. Cheers

I just read that the batch 1A came with a bad quality charger. My V11 came from batch 1B I presume; mine didn't come with the original valve caps. They came with generic black plastic ones. Does anyone have an image or would anyone know if the one I received, in the images below, is the better one? Just concerned because the charger seems to get EXTREMELY HOT. Not accustom to that if its normal. I know it takes 10hrs to charge the wheel, so Im really looking forward to getting another one.

NIP3aH6.jpg

WvN6qbM.jpg

Edited by Vagrant Sneaker