WaveCut

7 minutes ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

The newest version now ships with two fans.  One for each hand.  When your riding you can fan the PCB enclosure from both sides.

fan.jpg

So funny!:laughbounce2: 

Curious about your Looooong forum name. Poor kid if you had to spell it in 1st grade. ;)

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 5:50 PM, Jpd said:

Has anyone overheated the v11 yet or know at what temp it overheats? I was riding some steep hills today and managed to get the temp up to 179 degrees, which is more than the standard overheat of 80c (176 degrees)

I have had my wheel over 80c more than once without any issues. Something must be different in the production version board. 

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Agreed. Based on what this wheel has been through it should not have failed. One or more parts were obviously stressed. I'll feel uncomfortable buying this wheel unless Inmotion provides some insight. I'm not hopefully that we'll learn anything other than, "the production wheels use a different control board" - not a confidence inspiring answer. Buy maybe they'll surprise me.

At least one MOSFET must have fried since those are what would allow two of the motor wires to short together.

At this point I’m debating simply not buying any of these new wheels. I moved from the S18 to the V11 last week and since then we have saddle nuts breaking off and now a dead wheel before we even got to the test itself. 

I guess when I think of the phrase of “1st batch issues” I think of quirky things, not major structural and electronic failures. 

it’s strange to me listening to people write off some of these problems as minor quirks to be fixed on production models. That’s not INMOTION specific, it’s across every brand. The only thing I can think of is the majority of you are rich, and more than willing to shell out 2k on dreams and wishes. When I spend 2k I expect at bare minimum the shell won’t break easily and the wheel won’t just throw me down on the ground at 31mph because it feels like it. 

Two honest questions:

1.Are my standards too high?  Perhaps all EUCs have major issues at launch?

2.Do you have faith these issues can and will be corrected?

Thank you, no disrespect meant towards any of you or towards the brand. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jpd said:

I’ve completed this ride with the v11 twice this last week. It’s extremely steep the whole way up, a very difficult ride. I weigh a lot more than Marty, at least 20lbs for me the v11 has performed great in the mountains both uphill and downhill.

26341F7E-8821-41F0-A71A-B1CBCBE53753.jpeg

Good info. Let us know if it's still working in a month after riding like that. This wheel that failed had probably 500+ miles on it and was 6+ weeks old.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jpd said:

I have had my wheel over 80c more than once without any issues. Something must be different in the production version board. 

The V11 doesn't overheat at 79-degrees? I've never seen a wheel yet that was spec'd to overheat above 79-degrees. This is very interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Wilson said:

I was sussed about the board ever since Marty had a shutoff during firmware update and later on, the "Go home" and tilt back at low battery during his long distance ride.

I hoped it wouldn't impact on this last crucial test but I guess my lack of surprises just means I was prepared for it. 

I just hope the production version improvement with new board will actually be better. 

The sad thing is that, if Marty gets the pre-production S18, I don't think it will make it either. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The V11 doesn't overheat at 79-degrees? I've never seen a wheel yet that was spec'd to overheat above 79-degrees. This is very interesting.

If the INMOTION app is accurate then it doesn’t. The app has read 179 and 180 degrees, at that time I stopped expecting it to overheat but it didn’t.

• Like 3

@Marty Backe from the first time I saw the board enclosure and realized it didn't has 247 mosfets in it, let alone all passive cooling I had my doubts. Inmotion has always had wheels that over heat, they didn't fail though. The V10 kept over heating on the mt Wilson ride but didn't fail causing a walk out. I'm very surprised at this out come.

If inmotion provides a production board will you try OHH again? Jpd rides in some hilly terrain and the air temp has been high, I'm hopeful his holds together.

Sadly I'm sure your correct in that we will not know get to know what changes were made to the production board too. 

I was looking for an ACM2 back when I saw your videos on the MCM5 and traded the extra range for a wheel that climb. Now I want the range too, if the MCM5 had 15 more miles of range I would not even be looking for another wheel haha. 

I think the MSP is really the best choice for my preferred riding at this point....and that is not necessarily a bad thing :cheers:

• Like 2

Does anybody have insight on how stressed hardware could continue to remain operational a high (damaging) temperature and still allow you to slow down to a stop?  The delayed self-destruction is puzzling.  You'd think this thing would've blown at it's most stressed, but it sounds like this thing blew while it was at rest or low use.

Edited by musk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, eve said:

@Marty Backe Marty what is your time when it premieres? For your europe watchers its 00:00. I have to go to work. :( Would really appreciate if you released 1 hour earlier next time, unless it mess up your US premiere time.

Interesting "European" point of view you have... Europe is spread along three different timezones... 

• Like 2

@Marty Backe , given that u have killed 2 outta the 3 new releases this year,when is the S18 getting a shot at being this years champ.

ps ,surely there is a more dignified way of getting over the fence than having to be rescued by ur cherry-picker buddy?

I was ready to ring the Fire brigade/emt to come to the rescue:w00t2:

1 hour ago, Vagrant Sneaker said:

I was in the app and it came up with a new firmware update. 1.1.62 for the V 11

1. Added function of "go home", which could be activated under low battery, with extra mileage of around 25Km.

2. Upgraded function of riding record, each trip will be recorded automatically.

3. Added the mute mode for fan. Check image for explanation.

TIP For Dowload

I upgraded it with my iPhone Pro Max. It took me about 4 tries for the firmware to download and update. I think the problem was that I had the phone a little far away from the V11 and the phones screen went to sleep. I decided to change the screen cut off time on my phone to "never". That helped download the update faster. I guess when the phone was turning off the screen, it disrupted the download. So, when anyone else updates their firmware, change the screen timeout on your device to "never" until its updates. And, leave the phone right on top of it or close to it. You have to restart the EUC after the download is complete.

k0ccvgP.jpg

Yeah, I updated my V11 to this version a couple of weeks ago. I didn't "test" all the features, but the Go Home didn't work for mine.