Already an 2nd version of the Nikola ?!?

1 minute ago, Jim Martin said:

Anything wrong with pulling the trigger and buying it off of AliExpress?  Would love to buy from Jason, but he won't get these for months I'm sure, if ever.

Nothing wrong to buy a $2k+  wheel from AliExpress, but I trust EWheels product 's warranty and Jason's customer service is the Best, I don't mind the wait, I bought all my EUCs from him.

Peter Q

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Anything wrong with pulling the trigger and buying it off of AliExpress?  Would love to buy from Jason, but he won't get these for months I'm sure, if ever.

Yeah, it's tough. If EWheels doesn't carry the wheel that you want, what choice do you have but to buy direct from China? You will be more on your own for service because you'll have a hard time finding any parts locally - EWheels will only sell parts to their customers, an understandable policy.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Guess who's getting a Saturday delivery of a Nikola :dribble:

Thanks @Jason McNeil :cheers:

A little bit of a bummer is that I'll in the mountains with @who_the, riding my Monster. But I know what I'll be doing Sunday :)

I'm excited for you and I'm looking forward to your videos! Maybe you can show a night ride with some details about the headlight and led modes (and if there is a stealth mode with no lights front or rear).

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'm excited for you and I'm looking forward to your videos! Maybe you can show a night ride with some details about the headlight and led modes (and if there is a stealth mode with no lights front or rear).

A little night riding will probably be the first thing that I do. The cool ring lights on this wheel really attracted me to it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

You are one lucky dude! Congratulations! :thumbup:

I see that @Jason McNeil has a Nikola Special going on! ;) 

47975599787_d922047ced_b.jpg

For those that don’t know me...I’m joking!

Yeah, @Rehab1 is our resident wise ass :facepalm:   ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Congrats! I would really like to hear what you think compared to the MCM5 or the MTen3. Is it as zippy? The Mten3 10" 800W and MCM5 14" 1500W are zippy. I wonder if 2000W 16" would feel the same. I love the feeling of power off the line, esp when I feel the need to catch up to little one, which is pretty much every time I turn my head.

I put my deposit down, but was awaiting more reviews before I pulled the trigger. I'm probably too late for Batch 1.

6 minutes ago, AtlasP said:
2 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

I ordered this one Nikola Plus. He is a reputable seller. I have purchased two other Gotways from him in the past. No problems with the wheels, and fast shipping. 

"Sorry, this item is no longer available!"

This new link works: Nikola Plus

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

"Sorry, this item is no longer available!"

Aliexpress changes the links whenever the price of the item changes I believe. Prices go up the longer you wait. But don't worry, despite the bad english, Green Fashion Travaling Shop is legit.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Peter Q said:

KingSong fail me too many times: KS14C broken axle, KS16S broken control board, KS18AY broken motor.

Wow! You have a point there. I've had two of your three wheels, and two of your three problems (although the control board was a simple soldering job that my dealer fixed).  Still cost shipping though and a month of lost riding. Fortunately the 16S is still going strong, but I'm hardly a high mileage freak. (1,800km/16S)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maltocs said:

compared to the MCM5 or the MTen3. Is it as zippy? The Mten3 10" 800W and MCM5 14" 1500W are zippy. I wonder if 2000W 16" would feel the same.

It won’t, unfortunately. Zippyness (immediate feeling of power when you accelerate) is not related to the nominal power rating of the motor. A 16” wheel will never be as zippy as a 14” wheel with a hard pedal mode, such as the MCM5.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks @Jason McNeil :cheers:

A little bit of a bummer is that I'll be in the mountains with @who_the, riding my Monster. But I know what I'll be doing Sunday :)

Looking forward to your impressions especially vs MSX and 18XL as that is what these *new* (cough ACM) 1600wh "16" inchers are going to end up contending with.
This will be the heaviest 16 incher out there for now right?

If the Nikola is similar to the MSX then it's not for me because I don't need a smaller version of something I have. If it's more like the 18XL then it could be something.

The most important part for me is the whole leverage, center of gravity thing. A 1600wh MCM5 would fit the bill nicely. With higher pedals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

A 1600wh MCM5 would fit the bill nicely. With higher pedals.

This would be amazing. On flat ground I have enough range for me as is but on steep off road trails there isnt enough battery. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It won’t, unfortunately. Zippyness (immediate feeling of power when you accelerate) is not related to the nominal power rating of the motor. A 16” wheel will never be as zippy as a 14” wheel with a hard pedal mode, such as the MCM5.

So i was thinking about this whole zippiness thing and nominal power rating correlation. So you're pretty sure no matter how much power you put into this 16" wheel, it WON'T give me more zippiness? what will it give me, just more top end??

so between nikola and plus, if I'm NOT a speed demon, aside from bigger battery, what other advantage would it have? will the higher amperage help it climb steeper hills or keep it cooler during those climbs? Trying to decide if I would wait for a plus. Thanks. 

• Upvote 2