Already an 2nd version of the Nikola ?!?

9 hours ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, typical forum, take small things and run :lol:

3kW max, apparently, not nominal. But the Chinese shops (and even the MFR's) like to mess these spec sheets up like on the regular, so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in this.

I also have a hard time believing they made a second, bigger shell that will fit 1845wh (and not the predicted 1230Wh), but remains to be seen I guess.

61240273_833237290365179_148912130104072

This is the coolest looking wheel I’ve ever seen.. the nikola plus. With carbon fiber black on black.   Damn that’s sexy! @Jason McNeil  if you can get me this. I’ll wait and pay  Lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Damn.   Now I really want the 100 volt 1845 wh  that beast will be Awesome.      Heck. I’ll probably end up with both. Lol.   I strive to be like @Marty Backe.. gotta long way to go though.  But I’ve only known euc existed for like three months and I’ve slready got a v8, ks16s, and a nikola on the way 🤩😎😁😍

I'm not overly excited about 100-volts, but I lust over the 1845wh battery :dribble:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

This is the coolest looking wheel I’ve ever seen.. the nikola plus. With carbon fiber black on black.   Damn that’s sexy! @Jason McNeil  if you can get me this. I’ll wait and pay  Lol 

I'm probably going to paint mine to get rid of the while parts of the shell. I'll paint the pedals at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The 84v Monster has a 2400wh battery pack, and the 100v Monster has an 1845wh battery pack. Both have the same cell count, which I think is 120 pieces. Also, the 100v wheels chew through the battery faster than 84v. I wonder if you could order an 84v Nikola in 2400wh instead of 1845wh(100v) since the size would be the same.

• Upvote 1

I like the look much better, but I'm skeptical of those specs, we'll see.

Personally, I don't need anything beyond a 2k motor and 1600wh (at least) battery, so the extra doesn't do much for me, my MSX has never struggled on anything I throw at it.

I'm more interested in QoL improvements, safety features and durability/reliability these days, my power needs are met with the current gen. 

Edited by Hatchet
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Gotway fans are so funny.
__

Gotway fans: the Nikola is so ugly, we hate it.

Gotway: we made a new version of it with crazy-high specs.

Gotway fans: oh now it's awesome and we want it.
__

At least Gotway knows their audience.. ;->

What's so funny about wanting better specs ?

Gotway is associated with performace wheels more than any other thing. Also the Nikola in black looks way better than the white version.

KS 18XL is a lot more popular than KS 18L and it only has more batteries.

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not overly excited about 100-volts, but I lust over the 1845wh battery :dribble:

Yep, exactly! Who cares about 100V (not me). Range! That's an extra 15km/10mi!

I really hope that

• the battery size will be true
  • they don't have an asymmetrical weight distribution like on the 2400Wh or 100V Monster:efef895ddd: That would kill it for me. Same batteries on both sides, please!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Also, I was told by Linnea that these 100V Nikolas sport the TO-247 MOSFETs that were missing on the 84V version.

:w00t2::clap3:This is getting better with every new piece of information.

I think the side voltmeter is better, mainly because I don't care for it and now it's out of the way and less easily damaged.

• Upvote 1

I was on the pre-order for the Nikola but couldn't get past the ugly white look so switched it over to the 16x pre-order.  This V2 of the Nikola is much better looking and will probably be here about the same time as the 16x.  Hummmmm, decisions....

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This must burn @Jason McNeil. And even I'm kind of pissed with Gotway :furious: I haven't even received my wheel and I'm now feeling like I bought last years model. The Nikola may be the last Gotway wheel that I buy like this. In the future I'll wait 6-months to get the final wheel.

Well on the plus side you get to ride a new model much sooner.  I imagine it's going to be a very long time before the V2 hits the USA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yep, exactly! Who cares about 100V (not me). Range! That's an extra 15km/10mi!

I really hope that

• the battery size will be true
  • they don't have an asymmetrical weight distribution like on the 2400Wh or 100V Monster:efef895ddd: That would kill it for me. Same batteries on both sides, please!

Why? The Monster is hugely asymmetrical, yet when it's on and you are riding, it feels like any other wheel.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

..... and has anyone noticed that they seemed to have switched the volt meter to be on the side (?!?) - @EcoDrift production unit pictured below.

That's the case with current 84v Nikolas as well, the voltmeter is on the side. Looks good though, and the display is small enough that trying to read it while riding is probably not a good idea.. :P

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Nils said:

Wow, that looks nice.. drool..

As an owner of the current Nikola I just have to agree that this one looks a lot nicer. And the battery! drool again..

Now, I see people questioning the specs, but at least I can contribute with one example suggesting the stated battery is not wrong: this is what's apparently already being on sale with the Nikola 100V:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33025048520.html?storeId=3896031&spm=a2g1y.12024536.productList_2391736.pic_21

From the pictures that's the current Nikola design, but 100V and a 1845wh battery (still 2000w motor). It will definitely be interesting to see confirmation of the specs for the Nikola plus.

I have to say that I don't personally feel cheated as a buyer of the first gen though - the 100V Nikola comes with a lot heftier price tag, and I expect the same will be the case for the Nikola plus. In the mean time I've put some 300 km already on my Nikola - better one bird in hand than ten in the wood.. Got my wheel early though, it'd be more frustrating if I was still waiting for it of course.

Thanks for making me feel better :cheers:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Why? The Monster is hugely asymmetrical, yet when it's on and you are riding, it feels like any other wheel.

Every time I tried it, it had that noticeable drift to the side. I hated that. The thing has enough unwieldy momentum already, but having to constantly low-key steer to go straight... no thanks (or was it the tire?). That's why I'm worried about this in this Nikola Plus in the first place. I hope they give it a symmetrical weight distribution.

The Monster is just not my wheel. I also didn't like the low torque. In fact I'm starting to wish my ACM had more torque. Maybe I should just mod an MCM5 to 3200Wh and go with that;) Guess it's a personal preference.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Every time I tried it, it had that noticeable drift to the side. I hated that. The thing has enough unwieldy momentum already, but having to constantly low-key steer to go straight... no thanks (or was it the tire?). That's why I'm worried about this in this Nikola Plus in the first place. I hope they give it a symmetrical weight distribution.

Yeah, I don't notice it as much on my Monster because I'm constantly bending and manipulating it in my ride action, but the imbalance is definitely there. Really wish they split the control board into 2 thin pieces (something like the Z 2 control boards(?)) and mounted it on top of the wheel, so you could fit the extra 800 Wh (84V) or 615 Wh (100V) pack, not just for the range, but also for the weight distribution (this also irked me a tad on the Ninebot One E+, having one pack on one side, with only the board on the other).

Having this weight balance on the 100V Nikola Plus seems promising, considering the regular Nikola 84V was weight balanced, but the only hitch I see is the space for the speaker being only on one side, taking up space.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

You're the first person that I've heard talk about noticing a difference in handling due to the uneven weight. You may be right, but I've never noticed anything or felt that I had to compensate for the difference.

It's subtle for sure, you have to be the suuuuper picky type sorry meep

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I probably haven't thought about this until now, but I'm coming to the realization that you are a very picky (discerning ;)) EUC shopper. 

I use this to my advantage, so I don't end up owning a million EUCs :lol::lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Having this weight balance on the 100V Nikola Plus seems promising, considering the regular Nikola 84V was weight balanced, but the only hitch I see is the space for the speaker being only on one side, taking up space.

3 options I see:

• Extra 48 cell battery on one side:efef895ddd:
  • An extra 48 cell battery on top in the huge board space. This might actually work, though grilling the battery like this is probably stupid.
  • New complicated battery shape like on the KS 18(X)L, but the same on both sides. Or maybe just an extra 24 cell pack on both sides.
    From the point of construction, this even makes the most sense to me. So I hope this is how they do it.
    Though, with so much space and cleverly using it, they could easily go over 1860Wh.
  • Upvote 1