Already an 2nd version of the Nikola ?!?

10 hours ago, Smoother said:

So much for the new era of Gotway silence.  2 steps forward 1 step back, It's another example of the manufacturers not listening.  People praise the new silent Gotway, Gotway makes a noisy wheel :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:. That always seems to be the way with these wheel manufacturers.  Something gets better but something that was good now gets worse (king Song sorts out their glass axles, but gives us trolley shake and russian roulette apps and wheels locking and getting dangerously hot, Inmotion seemed ok, but now they have glass pedals and wet batteries, Gotway cooked wires, fixed that, useless axle shims, still in use, got silent-nice, got noisy again.)  why can't we seem to keep the current good stuff and have the new good stuff ADDED to it rather than REPLACE it?

Surely by now ALL the issues from the past should be gone for all manufacturers,  but Noooooo! What happened to the concept of continuous improvement?

I share your general sentiment here (I'm still angry about finding out about newer KS wheels having remotely controlled geo speed locking limitations, I mean come on!). However, regarding the noise for the Nikola, it's not as bad one might think by just reading about the fan. Like @Mrd777 I've noticed the fan as well, but only on idle. As I wrote earlier I'm kind of the impression that the fan only turns on when I stopped riding, I have never thought about it or noticed while riding so far - the Nikola rides quiet and nice. The fan turning on only on idle seems weird so it's very possible that I'm mistaken and just have not thought about it while riding due to other sounds, etc., but that's my current impression at any rate. I'll try to pay some mind to it henceforth.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I mean, one must have brain damage to think this extra Bluetooth sound every time you switch the wheel on is ok:facepalm: 

Let’s go back 3 years. You all know the female with the British-Chenglish accent...

”Please ride a carefully. Do not accelerate or decelerate promptly.”

That is what the Airwheel A3 says every time the mains power is switched on. FULL VOLUME. Every. Single. Time.  Granted, it has a remote and a stand-by mode, but it empties the battery in a week.

I unplugged the BT speakers in about 4 days.

Just to have a 4-note out-of-tune strum on the Nikola, what an advancement!

Edited by mrelwood

On 6/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Ahhhh. The anticipation for the next three days is going to be torture.   But nikola is finally making its way to me !!!!! 🤯🎉😎🤩🤩🤩🤩😍🥰🥰🥰🤯♥️😁😁😁😆😆😄

744B3343-D6D7-46D5-B73E-9F3878882FD8.jpeg

Did your wheel arrive? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

I decided to mask the white band with my own mounding. It will protect the wheel a bit , and I think it looks better. I’m really disappointed I can’t store this wheel on its edge..

8A695A0E-4C6D-4B01-A709-E3E60E354BAF.jpeg

The addition of the carbon auto molding looks fantastic! 

So @Marty Backe when are you going to add some personalized touches to your Nikola? White molding might look nice. ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nils said:

I share your general sentiment here (I'm still angry about finding out about newer KS wheels having remotely controlled geo speed locking limitations, I mean come on!). However, regarding the noise for the Nikola, it's not as bad one might think by just reading about the fan. Like @Mrd777 I've noticed the fan as well, but only on idle. As I wrote earlier I'm kind of the impression that the fan only turns on when I stopped riding, I have never thought about it or noticed while riding so far - the Nikola rides quiet and nice. The fan turning on only on idle seems weird so it's very possible that I'm mistaken and just have not thought about it while riding due to other sounds, etc., but that's my current impression at any rate. I'll try to pay some mind to it henceforth.

The fan turns on at 38-degrees whether the wheel is moving or not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

its car molding,, self adhesive.

Can you mention where you bought it? Looks great 👍

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Can you mention where you bought it? Looks great 👍

Hey Marty it’s Cowles molding, Amazon sells it too. 3/4 “ carbon fiber , and a 1/4 hour round black.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Hey Marty it’s Cowles molding, Amazon sells it too. 3/4 “ carbon fiber , and a 1/4 hour round black.

This one? https://smile.amazon.com/Custom-Carbon-Fiber-Exterior-Molding/dp/B004H28JMS/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Cowles+carbon+fiber+molding&qid=1559789665&s=gateway&sr=8-1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Thanks. What's the 1/4 hour round black used for?

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. What's the 1/4 hour round black used for?

Look closely on my photo, I have it filling the gap of the angled, bevel inside circle of the white. It also provides a higher bumper for protection.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, Yannick Dlsr said:

SLOW UP ALSACE ( FRANCE) with english subtitles 

1:40 I like those chopper bicycles! Almost as cool as the EUCs! That looked like a very fun day! Thank you for the English subtitles!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zenleetech said:

My Nikola is pretty heavy, how many more lbs you think the plus will be?

The 1845Wh 100V battery is about 1.2kg (2.5lbs) heavier than the 1600Wh you have. The 2100Wh 84V battery (if that Nikola officially exists as "Plus") is ~2kg (4.5lbs) heavier than the 1600Wh battery.

So the weight difference is not that big. But the added weight on top might change the riding feel a bit.

@Jason McNeil - The listing for the 100V Nikola option on ewheels.com currently is a bit ambiguous, never using the term "Plus" but referring to it as a "Special Edition Nikola". Can you confirm whether this will be the blacked out version (instead of having the white trim) and/or whether it will be branded as the "Plus"? (In the past I believe the 100V versions of the Gotways looked the same as their 84V versions, so if in this case there are any significant aesthetic differences like that they might need noted on the store listing.)

Edited by AtlasP