Already an 2nd version of the Nikola ?!?

@meepmeepmayer yes, while it wouldn't be great for manufacture/production streamline operation, utilizing that under space near the pedals would be best to fit an extra 24S on both sides, just like how the DIY guys were fitting in extra packs in the same area on their modded ~2000Wh MSV3's

13 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

It's subtle for sure, you have to be the suuuuper picky type sorry meep

I use this to my advantage, so I don't end up owning a million EUCs :lol::lol:

Touché  Now I know why I own 12-wheels!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Maybe the extra space is for battery safety during crashes, so the outer shell takes most of the impact with the empty space / circuit boards leaving the batteries relatively safe from compression and puncture.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Every time I tried it, it had that noticeable drift to the side. I hated that. The thing has enough unwieldy momentum already, but having to constantly low-key steer to go straight... no thanks (or was it the tire?). That's why I'm worried about this in this Nikola Plus in the first place. I hope they give it a symmetrical weight distribution.

The Monster is just not my wheel. I also didn't like the low torque. In fact I'm starting to wish my ACM had more torque. Maybe I should just mod an MCM5 to 3200Wh and go with that;) Guess it's a personal preference.

I've only owned the Monster for about a month, just recently slimed my tube, and now started to notice subtle to strong pulls to the left (probably depending on the road/terrain as well) that I was assuming was caused by irregularly distributed slime. It's especially noticeable at walking pace and diminishes with speed from my experience . The self balancing tech for the most part makes the offcentered weight miniscule. Also consider it's about half my weight. Constant physical negotiation; but it's a beautiful thing.

Edited by OUNCESMUSIC

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Touché  Now I know why I own 12-wheels!

Don’t you have a set of unidentical twins on the way?

Edited by Rehab1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I have not bought the X and won't be receiving the sample unit - there were time constraints for the review and I decided that I did not want to be rushed.

:cry2: No overheat hill test of the 16X? This is kind of important to many people (including me!).

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Do you believe the battery capacity?

I was told directly from Gotway 5 weeks ago that they only can do 1230wh on a 100v Nikola. This is a new revelation.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:cry2: No overheat hill test of the 16X? This is kind of important to many people (including me!).

Send me the money and I'll buy one :D

• Like 2

No 16X vs Nikola test by Marty Backe will be a bummer for a lot of people. Can't Jason give you an extra week? Or send the wheel back to you after it has done its round? Then you have as much time as you want (and can keep it, which you might very well do).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I was told directly from Gotway 5 weeks ago that they only can do 1230wh on a 100v Nikola. This is a new revelation.

LOL, because they wanted you to buy the 1230Wh version to up their numbers, plus the company doesn't seem to all be on the same page many times.

Per FB:

61439397_1729294773882609_27969990065746

61303007_1729294810549272_55204352005777

I dunno, I'm still interested, but kind of wish it wasn't just a blob of all black, wish something set it off a little.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've had a deposit down for the 16X for some time now because I felt it was superior compared to the Nikola.  I don't think I will follow through on the 16X and instead wait for the 100V Nikola. The 37 mph top speed and massive battery capacity blows the 16X out of the water. The only bad part is I know that glossy finish will be scratched to all hell pretty quick.

19 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

I've had a deposit down for the 16X for some time now because I felt it was superior compared to the Nikola.  I don't think I will follow through on the 16X and instead wait for the 100V Nikola. The 37 mph top speed and massive battery capacity blows the 16X out of the water. The only bad part is I know that glossy finish will be scratched to all hell pretty quick.

Just heard that it'll be selling for $3K.  Too rich for my blood.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gr8ps said:

massive battery capacity blows the 16X out of the water.

Looking at the ranges that me, my friend, and many people on the forum are getting on MSX vs 18XL, I wouldn’t be surprised if the 16X would still beat the 1845Wh Nikola in range.

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Why? The Monster is hugely asymmetrical, yet when it's on and you are riding, it feels like any other wheel.

The KS14c 340Wh has one battery pack one side and nothing on the other.  I don't ever remember feeling I needed to compensate for it.  But a monster battery is bigger, so I can't say if I wouldn't notice it on a Monster. 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Looking at the ranges that me, my friend, and many people on the forum are getting on MSX vs 18XL, I wouldn’t be surprised if the 16X would still beat the 1845Wh Nikola in range.

It wouldn't surprise me either. As the KS will let you dip further into the battery and 1845 won't be enough to offset 1554.
But it does on the other hand mean that we have a 100v 16" 100km wheel with a crazy top speed.

It will be interesting to see if the 16X ends up feeling as comfortable as the 18XL. Same width of 180mm so should be reasonable.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Depends on if GW decides to go down to 3.0 V (pr cell) on the 100V Nikola or not.
If they do, then you'd probably get more range out of the 100V Nikola.
If they don't then it I think the two wheels would be very similar in range.

Edited by Olav
  • Like 1