KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

2 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

f there's enough people asking for a seat, then sales $$$ can influence what we see in the final release.

Yip, the best influence that can be given :rolleyes: $$$

Well Speedy feet have on their website already

Seen a mention earlier of pre-order 4-5 weeks 

Also mentioned by Jason McNeil Really hope they remove all excess body material below the pedals and give the true 180mm ground clearance 

Am liking the angled pedals and would hope for a 50 KPH top speed

KS16XLCapture.JPG

33 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

Well Speedy feet have on their website already

Seen a mention earlier of pre-order 4-5 weeks 

Also mentioned by Jason McNeil Really hope they remove all excess body material below the pedals and give the true 180mm ground clearance 

Am liking the angled pedals and would hope for a 50 KPH top speed

Speedyfeet is usually many months behind. Ian admitted that he waits for the 2nd or 3rd round of shipments so that he doesn't have to deal with early failures. If Jason says they aren't shipping until June, I bet Ian doesn't have any to ship until the fall.

The ACM has a shell that hugs the tire just like the 16X. I've never found it to be any issue and it kind of looks cool

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Speedyfeet is usually many months behind. Ian admitted that he waits for the 2nd or 3rd round of shipments so that he doesn't have to deal with early failures. If Jason says they aren't shipping until June, I bet Ian doesn't have any to ship until the fall.

The ACM has a shell that hugs the tire just like the 16X. I've never found it to be any issue and it kind of looks cool

Cheers Marty 

Was aware of all comments as have read most of this post and check out  most of SF channel seems strange to advertise this wheel when the Nikola will I think be available prior and that is not listed by SF

Still would like to see lower body altered but opinions are vast and many ,as I would I'm sure do it some damage if my MSX ride yesterday was anything to go by

• Like 1

As said in the video and in pists, the body design feedback about the body under the pedels are undergoing a change. KS got that feedback early on apparently from dealers. 

It is going to see how many changes dealer and community feedback does to the wheel, hopefull on a revelation of 2nd tier prototype.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

This could be interesting on the older gotways.

Person powers on

Tries to lay wheel on it's side

Gotway: Let me sing for you and show you the dance of my people.

giphy.gif

Cool. Dig the sweater. Didn't know that there were Washington Redskins fans in Europe. :)👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

This could be interesting on the older gotways.

Person powers on

Tries to lay wheel on it's side

Gotway: Let me sing for you and show you the dance of my people.

giphy.gif

I love this GIF :thumbup:  I wonder if Ian made this or someone else :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I love this GIF :thumbup:  I wonder if Ian made this or someone else :laughbounce2:

I made the gif from his YouTube review of the mcm4 yesterday.  I don't know how to make gifs, I just used one of those sites that ask for the YouTube URL and the start time and makes a short gif

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 1

@US69  Thanks for the thoughts, here are my clarifications. 

On 3/15/2019 at 11:20 AM, US69 said:

The KS wheels do that...just choose voice on the app and all wheel Messages/Alarms will be going over the Wheel Speakers and that VERY, very loud.

It's understood that they go the euc's speakers - that isn't always desirable - especially in quiet environments.    What is desirable is to play warnings over my earphones or UE Boom Speaker (which is much closer to my head allowing for lower volumes while still being heard by the user) - with a configurable volume.  Both the earphones and users speaker are likely to be playing music, so the EUC should not capture the target, but rather allow redirect via the smart phone.   Do they currently do that?

KS wheels have rear AND break Lights?

Are they tail lights (meaning they are on always) or actual break lights (meaning they become brighter when the vehicle is slowing or stopping - some Gotway's do this by the way).

As others said: Legal issues in some countrys...

The great thing about apps for these is EUC's and their lights is configuration  - they can have colors changed, be turned off, and so on.  Just because a few places may not allow it doesn't mean other markets should not have it.

Yeah, understandable from pro user sight...but brings cost up again, this all can be done by app?!

I believe wheels such as these are targeted at pro and advanced users - they are not starter or intermediate wheels.   The goal is not to have to constantly pull out your phone.  Hence the  request for the display on the wheel, and on the watch.

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reNifcTkgV8

Here is Kuji's video again, but this has someone claiming to be from kingsong posting it. It says range is expected 140-150 mileage? What is the expected range for this new wheel when it is fully charged, does anyone know? 140 to 150 miles on a charge would be awesome.

3 minutes ago, Steef Klonoa said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reNifcTkgV8

Here is Kuji's video again, but this has someone claiming to be from kingsong posting it. It says range is expected 140-150 mileage? What is the expected range for this new wheel when it is fully charged, does anyone know? 140 to 150 miles on a charge would be awesome.

She uses the word "mileage" a bit loosely. English is not her native tongue.  I think the word she should have used doesn't exist - kilometerage,.  Even westerners refer to mileage and talk in km.  

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

She uses the word "mileage" a bit loosely. English is not her native tongue.  I think the word she should have used doesn't exist - kilometerage,.  Even westerners refer to mileage and talk in km.  

we just say kilometres.. expected range 140-150 kilometres.. ive racked up 5000 kilometres.. expected kilometres on a full charge etc

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

I guess "range" is the universal word that is not unit specific.. But then the unit must be specified with the number to avoid confusion; as in this case.

ill admit mileage sounds cooler haha.. but yea can just say whats the range on that thing.. "about 100 kilometres per charge"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steef Klonoa said:

So maybe just a hair more than the ks18xl? That's still a lot of distance. Can't wait to see the next generation of wheels.

dont take any manufacture listed distance seriously lol.. they exaggerate to the extreme.. some of them have fine print thats like 150 lb rider on a smooth surface at 20 km/h.. like lets be serious, who firstly is the same weight as the tester, not many people.. who is just doing circles on perfect tarmac, and who the hell takes a high powered huge battery wheel and goes along at 20 km/h... no one, also thats riding through the horrible beeps and tiltback once you get to low battery.. in general you should expect to divide their estimation by half because you probably weigh more, you probably will be going much faster, on much rougher and varied terrain, and you probably wont want to ever ideally go below 20% battery

for example the acm2 might be listed at 150 km range... however even at 120 lbs riding weight the most i could get was 105 km.. so you would expect the average weight american male right near 200 lbs to get 75 if hes lucky

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

range... however even at 120 lbs riding weight the most i could get was 105 km.. so you would expect the average weight american male right near 200 lbs to get 75 if hes lucky

Well maybe help if you are going downhill, and hitchhike a bit too 🙄

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:23 PM, Mike Paolini said:

@US69  Thanks for the thoughts, here are my clarifications. 

It's understood that they go the euc's speakers - that isn't always desirable - especially in quiet environments.    What is desirable is to play warnings over my earphones or UE Boom Speaker (which is much closer to my head allowing for lower volumes while still being heard by the user) - with a configurable volume.  Both the earphones and users speaker are likely to be playing music, so the EUC should not capture the target, but rather allow redirect via the smart phone.   Do they currently do that?

Ok, NO, that they cant do in the Moment.....

As others said...third Party apps like DarknessBot are doing a good Job having Speed Beep Alarms or Vibration on phone for OWN choosed Alarms AND  they can also Transfer the Wheel warnings….

Are they tail lights (meaning they are on always) or actual break lights (meaning they become brighter when the vehicle is slowing or stopping - some Gotway's do this by the way).
They are tail Lights Always on.(when Front/backlight is set to on).....plus they get much brighter when braking(Always)...i dont know what could be done better

As the last time...Some answers in the comments...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, US69 said:

As the last time...Some answers in the comments...

If you type return three times in the quoted post, you split up the post and then you can type your answer between the split parts.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

So is it fair to say this wheel has hold "some" interest? When posting this question this thread had 7k+ views in about 3 month. 

I my book that show a brand that people expect something great from and have a good reputation.

Having a social rep engaging with people, helps to bring interest or what do you thing?

So if I am right, Kingsong must be doing something right 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1