KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

5 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Here is the best I'll do for tonight hahaha. The shirt gets almost as many comments as the unicycle :)

20190731_211100.jpg

Very instagram worthy. Good job! I see you've done this before. :clap3:

Also thank you for your reports and feedback regarding the riding. Looks like it handled the fall quite well. Did it tumble far?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Couldn't be that I did 64 miles today!!! If @Jason McNeil would get me a fast charger I'm confident I could knock off a hundred miles in a day easily. 

64 miles on one charge? Or did you recharge? 

What's your weight? Was it mostly flat or hilly? 

TBH I have seen more sleek EUC designs. The "blocks" on the side of the handle really are very high and weird, but since I'll pad it up I don't really care.

The Z10 is a lot better looking. I wonder how it rides. 

On the other hand I see nothing wrong with the fake carbon look of the panels. I don't mind them at all.

2 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

TBH I have seen more sleek EUC designs. The "blocks" on the side of the handle really are very high and weird, but since I'll pad it up I don't really care.

The Z10 is a lot better looking. I wonder how it rides. 

On the other hand I see nothing wrong with the fake carbon look of the panels. I don't mind them at all.

Wow I think is awesome looking. I also think the Z10 is too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Did you calibrate the wheel on that foam packaging box? Some say that works really well. 

I haven't turned it on yet. Because of the battery bug in the software I let it charge first to 100%. At least I am sure not to have any issues in that account before doing all that.

I have no time to ride now anyway.

• Upvote 1

The trolley is awesome I must say. None of the wheels I have/had come even close. For me it's a game changer. Then again, not hard when your other wheel is a Z10. We all know how convenient that trolley handle is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

64 miles on one charge? Or did you recharge? 

What's your weight? Was it mostly flat or hilly? 

64 miles of riding throughout my day with charging in between. I've yet to get the wheel fully charged as I keep riding it and this damn 1.5A charge is SO SLOW! I weigh 190lbs with my gear on for riding. This was mostly flat surfaces, besides a climb up Mt Tabor (636ft) here in Portland along with the various elevation differences around various neighborhoods in town.

Edited by BleepBloopBlop

On 7/31/2019 at 6:23 AM, BleepBloopBlop said:

Well I did 22 miles this afternoon/evening on my 16x and very much enjoy it. This is my first EUC ever (never rode one until today) and find that cruising much faster than 25mph to be a bit nerve racking as I'm new to this and sometimes wobble the wheel a bit. At that point I just slow down as a reset before picking back up to my cruising pace of 20-25mph. I'm looking forward to continue riding the wheel a bunch to develop my skills. I have no real complaints in terms of the wheels performance and my newness really disqualifies me from having an informed opinion. The battery came charged at 68-69V as received and man that 1.5 amp charge is SLOW! I got the wheel up to 75V before I got off work and spent the evening learning and exploring the city. This will be no worry going forward as I'll just fully charge over night.

Here is a picture of the wheel on the river here in Portland, Oregon:

20190730_204920.jpg

20190730_204905.jpg

20190730_204859.jpg

Love the pictures 😎

where did you buy that helmet?

@US69, I’m ready , let’s do this:clap3:

12 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Second day ever of riding an EUC update:

Well guys I'm experiencing numbness in my feet as reported earlier in this thread... Something must be wrong with the wheel... Couldn't be that I did 64 miles today!!! If @Jason McNeil would get me a fast charger I'm confident I could knock off a hundred miles in a day easily. I dropped the wheel for the first time today. Had a jogger jump out in front of me with an abrupt turn across my path. Luckily I was able to get fully on the brakes and essentially caught the guy while jumping off the wheel. No scraps on either of us, just the wheel. Guess its a good lesson to give people around you lots of space. I was able to hit the tiltback at 50km/h early in the day. Its pretty interesting at speed, but not scary really. I ended up riding the beeps and tilt back at the end of my ride tonight at an indicated 65ish volts while moving at ~35-40km/h. Overall I'm very satisfied with my purchase and intend to keep racking up miles my first week on a EUC. I've covered most of Portland at this point. Lots of exposure and interest from people I've run into wondering what the hell I'm riding and where to get one. I have a feeling these will be all over in my area shortly. 

@BleepBloopBlop  It's actually worse than you think, I've had bikers actively hate on the EUC by turning their bikes to blocking my path.   Assume people are crazy and be defensive in your driving, because there is a good chance they are.

Happy gliding

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

not to fully charge the batteries more than once a day for the first ~1000-miles.

Thank you, I will add this to my Newbie Notes.  

What about after 1K, ? should I treat them like my Haibike (Bosch lithium-ion) recommended charging every day regardless of needing it or not, explaining that letting them cycle all the way out reduced their life.  

31 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

THAT WAS A JOKE. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER BEFORE OR AFTER 1000 MILES. CHARGE WHENEVER YOU WANT TO.

Rules for batteries:

• Do not keep them very full or very empty for a long time (~weeks). Ideally, store your wheel at maybe 90% and top up the day before a ride or so. But even that is almost overly careful. Charging to 100% by default if you use the wheel regularly is no issue either.
  • For long term storage, start at something like 70%. As long as they don't go lower by themselves into "very empty" territory (e.g. vampire drain on the Z10), you can keep them like this forever, months and years. No maintenance needed besides being sure they don't discharge for some reason.
  • Regularly (maybe once a month) charge to 100% and keep the charger in and give the cells some time to balance. This prevents subtle differences piling up into something that degrades the battery life or even damages the cells in the extreme case.
  • Use them! EUCs are not for standing around or babying the battery. Never ever do not charge if you might need the charge. In doubt, charge!
    By the time you notice any battery degradation (which would only be a small loss of capacity = range anyways), your wheel is old and beat up and you will have a new one already. For reference, 200 charge cycles on the 16X (when maybe the degradation slowly starts) is 16000km/10k miles (80km range for the 1600Wh * 200). 500 cycles (a reasonable number where you might have 80% of the original capacity) is 40000km/25k miles. Those are huge numbers.
    These batteries are much more robust than everyone believes. And the are meant to be used anyways.
  • Do not run the battery down (only charge when it gets empty). It is always safer for you to ride with the highest possible battery charge (the batteries themselves wouldn't care). E.g. if you ride to work every day, charge to 90% or 100% every day, instead of riding for 3 days and then only charging when the battery is empty.
    (This mainly goes for smaller batteries and as a general rule, the huge 16X battery has so much reserves, it will allow high performance even at very low charge. But there's simply no reason not to charge.)

Solid advice. Also topping off from a residual charge != a full cycle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

Okay, please keep in mind that better not use hand to balance the EUC when do horizontal calibration.

Can u send email to support@szkingsong.com? I will send steps to you.

@Micheal Shen Done.

Also I calibrated using the packing materials shipped with the wheel.  Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=116NThpe4To

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

please do horizontal calibration accurately on a U support or stairs

How is this done?  Doesn't the wheel need to be touching the ground or else it will spin at high speed?