KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

10 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

I would like something confortable to ride (16+ inch), quick enough (minimum 35km/h), not to heavy (ie max 20kg), with button or sensor cut off when lifting and a good trolley.  I dont intend to ride very long distance.

gotway tesla: good but no cut off, limited offroading possibilities

kingsong 16s: good but no cut off, not very quick

rockwheel gt16: not waterproof, no cut off, noisy

inmotion v10: not very reactive, big wheel, ugly trolley

So as you see I was expecting that the new ks16x might answer my need, but not that sure concerning the weight

if you buy the 16s from ewheels it has the cutoff sensor now.. and i ride it at 35 kph as long as it lets me.. my favourite city wheel by far.. the 2019 tesla also has a cutoff and speakers now.. but from the sounds of it you would be better off saving some money and just getting the kingsong 18L it would weigh the same as a lesser battery 16x (if you can find it) and be the same size with a bigger tire but cost less, still obv the 16s and tesla are cheaper than even the 18L

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

if you buy the 16s from ewheels it has the cutoff sensor now.. and i ride it at 35 kph as long as it lets me.. my favourite city wheel by far.. the 2019 tesla also has a cutoff and speakers now.. but from the sounds of it you would be better off saving some money and just getting the kingsong 18L it would weigh the same as a lesser battery 16x (if you can find it) and be the same size with a bigger tire but cost less, still obv the 16s and tesla are cheaper than even the 18L

Thanks also for the tip. As i'm based in France, buying 16S from ewheel is not really an option. I'll ask local shops about it. The 18L is to heavy in my opinion: 22kg

I found a seller from Aliexpress for the new tesla (notable price increase vs previous version) : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/GotWay-Tesla-2-update-version-electric-unicycle-16-inch-2019-new-Tesla-1020wh-84V-high-speed/32861147812.html?spm=a2g0w.10010108.1000016.1.6c035af8zgM8dp&isOrigTitle=true

At least now I have some options. I'll think about it. Sorry for polluting the topic on the 16X I'll stop here.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bluefield said:

No one is talking 'whitewalls'.  :) 

2434.png

:thumbup:

On 4/7/2019 at 7:50 AM, Rywokast said:

if you buy the 16s from ewheels it has the cutoff sensor now.. 

Does that mean it's theoretically possible to replace a broken KS16S handle with one with a lift sensor? Or will it have no port to plug into the board?

PRE ORDERS.. has anyone preordered the 16X yet?

I would like to pre-order from an EU distributor, not sure who to go with?

I saw one website accepting 500 euro deposits, but it seemed a little sketchy. 

Would like to lock in my delivery for July. 

On 4/6/2019 at 9:04 PM, Rywokast said:

you want something light with decent battery go with the tesla, or rockwheel v3

Hello Rywokast,   I am new to the EUC community . Just got my first wheel last week. A NineBot One S2

I chose it as it seemed and is well suited for a 'beginner'.

I like it. I was able to master it in just a hours as I had experience on a 'manual peddle unicycle'.

I am traveling/sailing around the world and the light weight/portability of the NineBot One S2 , to and from my sailboat, is easy. But with that said, I am already shopping for a long distance and fast EUC cruiser. I can lower a heavier EUC into my dinghy via electric winch.  --- The KingSong 16X looks like a solution.  But your comment which suggested a Tesla or RockWheel V.3 got me thinking. I have  concerns about build quality. And my current impressions from reading reviews is that Gotway has left many riders unhappy with poor quality.   The RockWheel has VERY limited reviews, but I like the weight, speed and distance specs.  I would very much appreciate any input you have on the RockWheel. ... or any of your thoughts concerning an EUC for my criteria/lifestyle. ------------ The NineBot Z10 keeps buzz'n in my head also.   

Cheers,

Cameron

Edited by Bluefield
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluefield said:

Hello Rywokast,   I am new to the EUC community . Just got my first wheel last week. A NineBot One S2

I chose it as it seemed and is well suited for a 'beginner'.

I like it. I was able to master it in just a hours as I had experience on a 'manual peddle unicycle'.

I am traveling/sailing around the world and the light weight/portability of the NineBot One S2 , to and from my sailboat, is easy. But with that said, I am already shopping for a long distance and fast EUC cruiser. I can lower a heavier EUC into my dinghy via electric winch.  --- The KingSong 16X looks like a solution.  But your comment which suggested a Tesla or RockWheel V.3 got me thinking. I have  concerns about build quality. And my current impressions from reading reviews is that Gotway has left many riders unhappy with poor quality.   The RockWheel has VERY limited reviews, but I like the weight, speed and distance specs.  I would very much appreciate any input you have on the RockWheel. ... or any of your thoughts concerning an EUC for my criteria/lifestyle. ------------ The NineBot Z10 keeps buzz'n in my head also.   

Cheers,

Cameron

The Rockwheel is nice and was particularly impressive when it was released (long ago), but IMHO was totally eclipsed by the Tesla. leaving aside the performance advantages of the Tesla, the Rockwheel build quality is inferior to the Gotway. But really, the Tesla is the better wheel.

At ~1000wh of battery, the Tesla does not have a vastly superior range to the 800wh MCM5. For your constraints (sailboat, dingy, etc.) I would take a close look at the MCM5. It really is like a mini version of the Tesla. Extremely powerful, fast, and agile.

Yet clearly if you want to squeeze the most distance from a wheel, the Tesla is probably your best bet. The Z10 (I love mine) is an extremely heavy wheel. The only heavier wheel on the planet is the Gotway Monster.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

EUCs are the ideal space and weight saving ridables for a boat. Just store it somewhere where it can't burn the boat down in the worst case. Also, I'd store each one in an airtight container to prevent the salty air corroding any electronics - I believe that would happen very quickly (and maybe be a fire danger if the batteries are rusting away, who knows).

The 16X (or 18XL or MSX) have 1600Wh, more range than a 1000Wh wheel like the Tesla. That might be a consideration.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tessa25 said:

Sorry, but those tires look :barf:. At least I could cover the copper with vinyl wrap. ;)

:roflmao:

Ha Ha! You sound like my wife. I build a utility trailer. The main rails were painted black with an aluminum diamond plate deck and stainless steel sides and fenders. It looked awesome. My wife kept telling me it looked awful because I still needed to paint it. :blink1:  I kept telling her, You don’t paint stainless steel or aluminum diamond plate. :facepalm: 

38 minutes ago, Smoother said:

@Bluefield. Get one of the wheels Marty mentioned.  There, that's sorted. 

Now tell us about your sailing odyssey, or do you have a blog/vlog/website?  Do you need any crew members.?:D

My User Profile here has some info about my plans along with a photo of my boat.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluefield said:

My User Profile here has some info about my plans along with a photo of my boat.  

Cool. I had to hunt for the user profile section, as I've never used it.

Looks like Sunkiss 45 by Jeanneau, Nice.

You didn't answer the question about crew ;) Are you going solo, or have family with?

Edited by Smoother

3 minutes ago, Bluefield said:

Not bad!!:wub:

I watched quite a few videos where cruisers end up walking from the dinghy dock to town or whatever a lot, and always wondered why they don't get a scooter or EUC. It's so obvious.

Also I really want to reiterate on the airtight/dry storage. Get some old EUC board, put it on your boat somewhere, and watch it degrade in light speed (I assume, so far all that is just my theory, but you will know how fast metal can degrade in a marine environment). Then remember than any electronics error means you fall on your face with zero warning and maximal terribleness of the fall.  And that EUC electronics are pretty much amateur tier stuff.

And that's before the fire danger from corrosion and condensation moisture. Airtight box + bag of rice is how I'd do it. (Fiberglass) boats burn fast and hot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

@Bluefield. Get one of the wheels Marty mentioned.  There, that's sorted. 

Now tell us about your sailing odyssey, or do you have a blog/vlog/website?  Do you need any crew members.?:D

Too late for you @Smoother, you are mow a landbased onewheel mutated landcrap. No pirate ship for you 😉

5 hours ago, DiZZy said:

PRE ORDERS.. has anyone preordered the 16X yet?

I would like to pre-order from an EU distributor, not sure who to go with?

I saw one website accepting 500 euro deposits, but it seemed a little sketchy. 

Would like to lock in my delivery for July. 

Since KS has yet not started production it is hard to set a set delivery date. 

Something could pop up in quality control. A manufacturer fault on one vital part could cost huge delays.

Then when it comes to shipping, it could be further delays especially if a shipment miss a deadline to a ship/booked airshipping.

I have my money ready to put in an order asap I get info a shipment is leaving China.

As an example my car got 6 months delay from normaly releases of the model. Had it not made that particular ship it would mean further 4-6 weeks delay.

9 hours ago, Bluefield said:

No one is talking 'whitewalls'.  :) 

2434.png

I would love that in a candy 2 tone red on the copper areas. Just like a classic 50s-60s US car.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not bad!!:wub:

I watched quite a few videos where cruisers end up walking from the dinghy dock to town or whatever a lot, and always wondered why they don't get a scooter or EUC. It's so obvious.

Also I really want to reiterate on the airtight/dry storage. Get some old EUC board, put it on your boat somewhere, and watch it degrade in light speed (I assume, so far all that is just my theory, but you will know how fast metal can degrade in a marine environment). Then remember than any electronics error means you fall on your face with zero warning and maximal terribleness of the fall.  And that EUC electronics are pretty much amateur tier stuff.

And that's before the fire danger from corrosion and condensation moisture. Airtight box + bag of rice is how I'd do it. (Fiberglass) boats burn fast and hot.

Your idea to test things is a good idea. You do sound awfully confident given your proviso "that is just my theory". I see lots of ~40-ft sailboats that have general purposes TV's on board, along misc other electronics. I wonder if they are failing all the time (I bet they don't).

Metal corrodes because of exposure to salt water. I don't believe it corrodes due to high humidity. Think about the massive amounts of electronics on cruise ships. I'm sure if he stores it within the cabin somewhere it'll be fine, without having to worry about airtight enclosures.

• Upvote 1