KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

So this Friday I had an incident that lead to a dislocated shoulder. I had a neopren cover on my wheel, that saved the wheel from any major damage and scratches.

@Jason McNeil and @US69 can can you ask or even better push to get a Kingsong cover for KS16X?

By having a brand cover it should be able to make it cheaper.

Now the good part now in my view, is the summer launch means my shoulder should have recovered by then 😄.

yes please!!! why do manufactures besides inmotion not offer this... they would be able to make a ton of money off of them as they cost almost nothing to manufacture in china and they already have all the blueprints... a silicone or fabric cover offering for each of their wheels would be amazing

I had hoped that Kingsong would do a release weekly revealing of more details, kinda in style with a xmas calendar. Just to keep their upcomming baby on the radar.

• Like 1

So @Jason McNeil / @US69 any news on texture/colour testing and looks you can share?

As a suggestion could be to make textured/colour stickers as Inmotion had for V5f, like the the capt america shield.

And how do you estimate the seat option, as "will definate happen"or  "as difficult as larger pedals" perseveration", or  "droped/will not happen"? and if it comes as a option or included?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

So @Jason McNeil / @US69 any news on texture/colour testing and looks you can share?

As a suggestion could be to make textured/colour stickers as Inmotion had for V5f, like the the capt america shield.

And how do you estimate the seat option, as "will definate happen"or  "as difficult as larger pedals" perseveration", or  "droped/will not happen"? and if it comes as a option or included?

1 hour ago, Juggler said:

So when will the 16x be available?

1 hour ago, Jens Ronnedal said:

For the European market, probably june.

For release date: First production run is planned for June...so its questionable if it will be allready available in June in Europe...depends on choosed transport and also if everything works as exspected.

@Unventor No, no news to tell, when i got some, i will release here and in the KS Facebook groups directly.

To the seat, i can‘t tell exactly if it will happen, and if so, how it will happen. Unfortunatly on a poll in the KS group there where a LOT nay sayers to a optional seat. Sure, some more which would want a seat, but surprising lots of no interest.

This may have countered the work that @Jason McNeil and i did, to convince KS that a seat on the top of the 16X would be perfect and would also make it outstanding to the 18Xl. Actually KS management is on a promo tour, so no news in the next days....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, US69 said:

To the seat, i can‘t tell exactly if it will happen, and if so, how it will happen. Unfortunatly on a poll in the KS group there where a LOT nay sayers to a optional seat. Sure, some more which would want a seat, but surprising lots of no interest.

This may have countered the work that @Jason McNeil and i did, to convince KS that a seat on the top of the 16X would be perfect and would also make it outstanding to the 18Xl. Actually KS management is on a promo tour, so no news in the next days....

So sadly back to the lever of "us liking bigger pedals" on the seat. To me that is really sad news. I really love the idea to be able to rest a little on a long cruise ride. 

It is actually one of the few thi gs that made me consider the MSX...briefly. I guess that is the way I have to think about this....

I understand you did the best @US69and @Jason McNeil on this matter. 

Edited by Unventor

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

So sadly back to the lever of "us liking bigger pedals" on the seat. To me that is really sad news. I really love the idea to be able to rest a little on a long cruise ride. 

It is actually one of the few thi gs that made me consider the MSX...briefly. I guess that is the way I have to think about this....

American customers would also like to see at least one cup holder.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Unventor said:

It was definitely a selling point when forking down my deposit. It might not check all my boxes now but I’m still excited. 

• Like 1

Thank you @Jason McNeil

As I worte on my crash threat, that despite a dislocated shoulder I am training hard to be ready for KS16X.

It is 1 week since the crash, today @Jens Ronnedal and I went for a ride again. 

It seems I am the crash test dummy, trying to earn test in my title. So today was a test to check how good or bad my shoulder is now. 26ish km on forr est gravel trails, bicycle lanes, inner city pothole infested tram rails crossings and both cruising, run and walk and crawling speeds. 

I can't take another hit right now, but I managed to follow my most excellent guide @Jens Ronnedal today atleast. 

I so hope the seat option becomes a reality @Jason McNeil.

I also hope you might pick up the suggestion to make a cover. Maybe go for CF wheel finnish then make a matt black cover as Inmotion V8/V10 style, with some traffic reflective markings.

As a reference, I bought cover for my V8, same for my KS18L (wetsuit style). I really like to have something to cusion the wheel for scratches. For an off-road traget group wheel as KS16X I think that is an easy extra sale for KS.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

Hi all but more specifically @Jason McNeil

Living in a city with stairs, weight is an important parameter to me.

According to online rumours, the weight for the 1550wh version would be 23,5 or 24 kgs. Which is to heavy to my taste.

But there would be another version with less battery. Do we have any idea about the full weight of the other version? Same as the gotway tesla or heavier?

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

Hi all but more specifically @Jason McNeil

Living in a city with stairs, weight is an important parameter to me.

According to online rumours, the weight for the 1550wh version would be 23,5 or 24 kgs. Which is to heavy to my taste.

But there would be another version with less battery. Do we have any idea about the full weight of the other version? Same as the gotway tesla or heavier?

I haven't seen this anywhere yet.. but even if you were able to get one it would likely be from a retailer outside of the US, but what would be the point in getting this large and expensive wheel if you don't have the largest battery.. you want something light with decent battery go with the tesla, or rockwheel v3.. both have 2000 watt motors and 1020 wh batteries, and are much smaller than the 16x... the 16x will never be as light as either of these wheels, it's the same size as the 18L

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

KS has promised a tear-down video in about a month, this should give us a some understanding of the weather protection. All the recent KS Wheel have been pretty good in this regard, we haven't had a single casualty of water damaged 14D/14S/16S/18L yet...  

I find this to be encouraging but very surprising since on no ks wheel is there any intentional water resistance features of the shell.. perhaps it's inherent in the shape of the shell itself not sure.. I hope they at least go with something like inmotion where the board has its own separate cover and it has a rubber seal, not to mention the housing and placement of the batteries making it basically impervious to water.. I take my v5f in heavy rain all the time, from the disassembly I saw no signs that anything ever got even inside the shell at all

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

I haven't seen this anywhere yet.. but even if you were able to get one it would likely be from a retailer outside of the US, but what would be the point in getting this large and expensive wheel if you don't have the largest battery.. you want something light with decent battery go with the tesla, or rockwheel v3.. both have 2000 watt motors and 1020 wh batteries, and are much smaller than the 16x... the 16x will never be as light as either of these wheels, it's the same size as the 18L

I would like something confortable to ride (16+ inch), quick enough (minimum 35km/h), not to heavy (ie max 20kg), with button or sensor cut off when lifting and a good trolley.  I dont intend to ride very long distance.

gotway tesla: good but no cut off, limited offroading possibilities

kingsong 16s: good but no cut off, not very quick

rockwheel gt16: not waterproof, no cut off, noisy

inmotion v10: not very reactive, big wheel, ugly trolley

So as you see I was expecting that the new ks16x might answer my need, but not that sure concerning the weight

1 hour ago, SamSuffit said:

I would like something confortable to ride (16+ inch), quick enough (minimum 35km/h), not to heavy (ie max 20kg), with button or sensor cut off when lifting and a good trolley.  I dont intend to ride very long distance.

So as you see I was expecting that the new ks16x might answer my need, but not that sure concerning the weight

The 16X will be over 20 kg, no question about it. My Tesla weighs in at 19 kg, and has less battery and I believe is smaller than the 16X.
I think you might have to compromise on your requirements.

If you'll haul the wheel up a lot of stairs that doesn't have any way of riding around it, or trolleying, then I would recommend the Tesla or 16S (though wouldn't ride this at 35 kph).
If you can trolley it around more than you need to carry it, then I would recommend to accept a higher weight, and get the V10(F) or 16X

Hope you'll find a wheel that works for you :)

Edited by Olav
Reversed it
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Olav said:

If you'll haul the wheel up a lot of stairs that doesn't have any way of riding around it, or trolleying, then I would recommend to accept a higher weight, and get the V10(F) or 16X
If you can trolley it around more than you need to carry it, then I would recommend the Tesla or 16S (though wouldn't ride this at 35 kph).

And...reverse it!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

Or split it into 2 wheels that suits your needs. 

Since you don't go far, V8 as light stair option. When you go further and off roard then use somethinh different.

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

FYI, they revamped the new Gotway Teslas. The 2019 version has a handle cut switch and allegedly 2.5" wide tire:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1672500422895378&id=572376252907806

If you're right, that would definitely make me a buyer! thanks for the information!

24 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

FYI, they revamped the new Gotway Teslas. The 2019 version has a handle cut switch and allegedly 2.5" wide tire:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1672500422895378&id=572376252907806

I like the look of the speakers with the logo!   The best looking GW wheel IMO.

• Upvote 1