THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Microsoft Movie Maker seems to work pretty good for basic editing plus it's free.  You do have to remember to change it to widescreen in the project settings before exporting the video or else it defaults to 4:3 leaving black bars all around.  It's the not best program out there, but it's quick and gets the job done.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@The Fat Unicyclist Thank you! Top of the line product I hear! Adobe is a solid company. Are you involved with alot of video editting tasks at your work? 

None whatsoever...

I do a bit of work with static graphics and images though, which requires Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop - But my subscription to use these includes the whole Adobe creative suite.

Now I just need a camera...

4 hours ago, SuperSport said:

It is a great program @HunkaHunkaBurningLove, but the output quality is pretty bad.  But it gets the job done for FREE. ;)

That's weird.  I thought my second video was pretty sharp compared to my other one.  Did you try selecting 1080p as the Youtube resolution?

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2016 at 5:22 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I made another video - this time in a park.  I have my iPhone dangling off a selfie-stick, but it seems to work okay.

That looks like a very pleasant place to ride. I thought your iPhone delivered great video quality. That flame edition of the Ninebot is one of the coolest, maybe the coolest, wheel appearance customization I've seen.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

That's weird.  I thought my second video was pretty sharp compared to my other one.  Did you try selecting 1080p as the Youtube resolution?

You mean this one?

It was done on Windows Movie Maker?  I will admit, that quality is very acceptable.  I'll have to try it again then.  In the past, even with 1080p, I could never get a clean video.

2016-08-31.png

• Upvote 2

I am using "Blender", which is open source. It is developed by students, and still is getting new versions with new features. It is very easy to do subtitling, picture in picture, transistions and much more.

I find video editing with Blender very simple with, once you understand the basics. It runs both on Apple and on Windows.

There are several good series of instruction video's on youtube, which i used to get the basics.

I remember now why my videos never came out good on Windows Movie Maker.  It's because the program does not support many formats, thus I have to convert my videos first, before importing into WMM.  That degraded the videos too much.  I have it running in Windows 10 just fine, but videos from my iPhone fail to import correctly.  I even have 'K-Lite Codec Pack Full' installed, but still not working.

I'll take a look at Blender next.

@SuperSport Yep that one was done with Windows Movie Maker.  My iPhone is jailbroken so I grab my videos from it using iFunBox.  I think you can probably grab the videos directly as well as it shows up in Windows Explorer?  I'm not too sure.  I'm still using Windows 7 for the time being.  I don't recall needing to install any codec packs as my video files are all avi format from the iPhone, but on a different computer I did need to install that pack to edit some FLV files.

Windows Movie Maker isn't the best editing software to be sure, but it's quick and dirty and has the basics.  I've used other ones where you can edit the transition timing and volume/music levels.  I don't remember the name of that other software, but it's likely defunct by now.  

With my first video on the pathway I used iMovie in my iPhone, and downloaded the output file using iFunBox, but that one didn't seem as clear for some reason.  I think maybe iMovie degrades the video?

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, for some reason, the iPhone format will not load in Movie Maker.  My PC sees the phone fine and I can import, but none of the files work. I'm also on iOS10 Beta, so maybe that has something to do with it.  Movie Maker is pretty nice for a free offering.  Super Easy Auto Movies, etc...

Let us know how that Blender software works out for you.  I might try it as well as looking closer at my video I do notice some image degradation in the sky where it's blocky from the compression.  I would say that Movie Maker is like Windows "Paint" compared to something like Edius Pro which is more like "Photoshop."  It's just not as complicated to use!

EDIT: Hey @Rehab1 I found another Flamebot owner...

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
  • Upvote 2

On 8/30/2016 at 0:08 PM, animan said:

While searching for stabilized action cams came across the YI 4K Action Cam. Seems to have good reviews on YouTube. Won't do stabilization at 4K but will at 1080p 60/30 fps.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

I'm actually thinking of giving this camera a shot. I purchased it to potentially replace my GoPro (more features for half the price). And yes It's gotten raven reviews!!

On 8/30/2016 at 10:04 PM, animan said:

I use Final Cut Pro X on the mac. It is a little expensive $299, but updates are free, also you can share the app in your family group if you want to.

If i'm on a PC it's Adobe After effects or Premier if it's on a Mac - Final Cut Pro!

On 8/27/2016 at 5:48 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

Hey @Cloud @Shoe73 @trya @Hirsute @KingSong69 @Jason McNeil @Keith @Jonathan Tolhurst @esaj @Rehab1 @DS Here is the first footage of the KS14b. Thanx again people!

Yo, that's my $h*t! ;) Just a video showing me effin with my Pedal Grinds aka "The Grip-Hop Pedal Slide" on the 14b. By the end of the session it was "96* in the shade" I blew a 30a battery fuse and the pedal hangers (King Song 14b) were ready to fall off and my phone was scratched. Hehehe. The music is from our album "Not Seen The Light Of Day" (find it on Spotify)

p.s. "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think. Enjoy yourself, while your still in the pink" - Specials

Subscribe - www.youtube.com/sidestreetreny

Dude balls of steel! Good stuff!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Another one of my lame videos - This time its my wife and I racing around NYC. Hope you guys like it.

Any time someone puts their wife into a video, it's a good video. ;)  What was your top speed on the P?  Is that the new version P?

Just now, SuperSport said:

Any time someone puts their wife into a video, it's a good video. ;)  What was your top speed on the P?  Is that the new version P?

haha thank you sir!

The max speed on the P seems to be about 21mph but thats riding on tilt. You can ride comfortably at 16 -18 mph.

1 minute ago, SuperSport said:

I dont believe this is the new version.. Just updated to 1.4.0 with a shunt battery.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

haha thank you sir!

The max speed on the P seems to be about 21mph but thats riding on tilt. You can ride comfortably at 16 -18 mph.

I dont believe this is the new version.. Just updated to 1.4.0 with a shunt battery.

If it ever start's beeping because of high temperature...stop directly!!!

• Upvote 1