THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 minutes ago, EricGhost said:

I've made a nice tour with mixed ground the go pro on the wheel suffers of too many vibrations, I'll leave the link to the short version:

https://youtu.be/m3LOkYODMhs

Very cool!

We need to put our collective genius into some sort of EUC stabiliser bracket... One that also shows the wheel and riding style...

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Yo, that's my $h*t! ;) Just a video showing me effin with my Pedal Grinds aka "The Grip-Hop Pedal Slide" By the end of the session it was "96* in the shade" I blew a 30a battery fuse and the pedal hangers (King Song 14b) were ready to fall off and my phone was scratched. Hehehe. The music is from our album "Not Seen The Light Of Day" (find it on Spotify)

"Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!" reny

Love the "out-takes" at the end!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Cloud said:

@Sidestreet Reny wow very interesting move, i would have never thought of it. Now i have to try it too :) i will probably fall on my ass :) 

Seriously do it man, unless your a super model you should have enough ass to brake your fall! I posted directions in the tricks thread, tell me when you get it I am dying to see someone else try it. Do an Ollie Grind and a Board Slide on your skateboard first. ;) Kill it brother.

• Upvote 1

@Sidestreet Reny

thanks! and Wow! detailled description :-)

never thought that the Ks14 could bring in so many "bummers"...as i own a ks14 myself and find it pretty much perfect for free styling(to my ks18, which is a unmoveable tank)...perhaps you should have to use a fat 16 or 18 until you deserve, what the14 or better a lot 14 deliver...dont get me wrong! you are for sure right with all what you say!...but for example i have also riden a McM3 and ...naaa...its in no way better....widest body i ever experienced, with smallest pedal also...so you are standing very outside, if that makes sense :-)

a little warning: if you have kS16 pedals where the rubber is screwed onto the pedals....you definitly have the first version of Ks16 pedals...which are known to have a weak point and break easily on jumps from high above!!! the kind of material and the ankle of the outstanding, weigth carrying part has been improved on version 2...the rubber is only glued there!

so take care with the pedals and have a look from time to time underneath!

keep on moving and entertaining! appreciate every of your video, with your music, also!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Seriously do it man, unless your a super model you should have enough ass to brake your fall! I posted directions in the tricks thread, tell me when you get it I am dying to see someone else try it. Do an Ollie Grind and a Board Slide on your skateboard first. ;) Kill it brother.

Enough ass i do have..dying to try it, the only thing stopping me is i dont want to damage the pedals, i just had them replaced with new ones! Scratching is no problem but hitting them with all of my weight may not be a great idea. My100kg is enough to put great strain on the wheel as is!

Edited by Cloud

19 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Sidestreet Reny

thanks! and Wow! detailled description :-)

never thought that the Ks14 could bring in so many "bummers"...as i own a ks14 myself and find it pretty much perfect for free styling(to my ks18, which is a unmoveable tank)...perhaps you should have to use a fat 16 or 18 until you deserve, what the14 or better a lot 14 deliver...dont get me wrong! you are for sure right with all what you say!...but for example i have also riden a McM3 and ...naaa...its in no way better....widest body i ever experienced, with smallest pedal also...so you are standing very outside, if that makes sense :-)

a little warning: if you have kS16 pedals where the rubber is screwed onto the pedals....you definitly have the first version of Ks16 pedals...which are known to have a weak point and break easily on jumps from high above!!! the kind of material and the ankle of the outstanding, weigth carrying part has been improved on version 2...the rubber is only glued there!

so take care with the pedals and have a look from time to time underneath!

keep on moving and entertaining! appreciate every of your video, with your music, also!

Yeah I heard that about the older pedals but when I ordered them I just assumed I would be getting the latest version pedals. I guess I gotta look into getting the new generation pedals ASAP! I just dropped off a 4 foot wall today and a pedal breaking on impact would suck so hard....if it is anything like breaking a pedal on a bmx bike. :( Pedal bummed. 

The 14b can't spin as fast as the small form factor. Those are the ks16 pedals.

The small form factor can do this...like this. Those are the custom pedal tops I made from a skateboard deck.

Edited by Sidestreet Reny
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Yeah I heard that about the older pedals but when I ordered them I just assumed I would be getting the latest version pedals. I guess I gotta look into getting the new generation pedals ASAP! I just dropped off a 4 foot wall today and a pedal breaking on impact would suck so hard....if it is anything like breaking a pedal on a bmx bike. :( Pedal bummed

Don't worry to much...from hundred sells there are just 2 or 3 reported Brakes...and the People have been a bit heavier than you! Just a warning and i think if you inspect from time to time it will be ok....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SuperSport said:

As far as a vibration mount, be sure to check your camera for Optical Image Stabilization.  This is my $100 SJCam SJ5000x.  It's mounted direct to the side of my wheel.  Without Image Stabilization turned on, it's basically unwatchable.  The Video is VERY LONG, so feel free to fast forward.  It's just to show the video.  This is 1080p, I can also do 4K, but the videos end up being 80-100GB and hard for my computer to process.  If held by hand, helmet mount, or chest mount, it gets much smoother.

Nice video. I have watched most of your videos and really like them. Would love to do the Pacifica ride one day :)

The SJCAM 5000X looks very cool, similar specs as the Hero 4 Black but way cheaper. I may spring for one.

6 hours ago, SuperSport said:

As far as a vibration mount, be sure to check your camera for Optical Image Stabilization.

Unfortunately, my SJCam4000 seems do not have hardware optical stabilization and I prefer to keep it by hand and try to smooth the moves.

Nice scenes and good quality video, by the way :)

14 minutes ago, DS said:

Unfortunately, my SJCam4000 seems do not have hardware optical stabilization and I prefer to keep it by hand and try to smooth the moves.

Nice scenes and good quality video, by the way :)

Yeah, I opted for the more expensive SJ5000x mostly for the Stabilization because I knew it would be used on the wheel and bikes.  When I first got the camera, the video was terrible.  They have since upgraded the firmware a few times, and now it works superbly.. One issue that still remained is that the video had a vibration sound in it.  I thought it was the Trolley Handle on the Wheel, but I found it was the buttons on the camera vibrating.  I've now smeared a tiny amount of GE silicon sealer on the buttons and now they don't vibrate, so the audio is much better.

Evidentially, the SJ4000+ includes the Gyro Stabilization.

Edited by SuperSport

I made another video - this time in a park.  I have my iPhone dangling off a selfie-stick, but it seems to work okay.  It's just another one of those boring videos with random no royalty music in the background and legs with wrinkly pants (sorry @Duf :D) , but hey I do my best EUC Extreme impression on some gravel.  Speaking of gravel, watch out for the thicker, loose stuff as it really drags on the wheel making it slow down suddenly.  Unfortunately my iPhone memory got full before I hit the steep hill climb.  I did get a couple of those bike bells (thanks @dmethvin!)
 which really help a lot.

Usually dogs are pretty chill while I ride past, but this weekend two (one small and one big) dogs ended up chasing after me.  I kept on rolling, and they didn't bother me too much.

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
  • Upvote 3

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove Awesome Video! God I hate gravel. Great job on that surface. Loved the final shot of the Flame perched on the rock! OMG the Flame looks so cool in motion.;) Now I don't know if I want to sell it or not. You've made the decision harder. Thanks!:D

Where are all of the women fans the Flame is suppose to attract?:P

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SuperSport said:

As far as a vibration mount, be sure to check your camera for Optical Image Stabilization.  This is my $100 SJCam SJ5000x.  It's mounted direct to the side of my wheel.  Without Image Stabilization turned on, it's basically unwatchable.  The Video is VERY LONG, so feel free to fast forward.  It's just to show the video.  This is 1080p, I can also do 4K, but the videos end up being 80-100GB and hard for my computer to process.  If held by hand, helmet mount, or chest mount, it gets much smoother.

Oh WOW...that is awesome! Love the graphics too!  All of these hobbies that interlace with the EUC field and no time to learn them all:D

@SuperSport  It definitely looks more fun to be travelling in a group and with so much more to see.  Looks like you stopped off at a Korean place for lunch?  I don't feel comfortable scooting through heavy pedestrian traffic though.   I usually go really slow past people and pets.  It's safer and also gives them a chance to take a look at what I'm riding and chat a little.  I had this one dog change direction suddenly, and I had to do a sharp turn around him like a pylon.  Those crowds at Pier 39 give me the sweats just watching you guys weave through them. :blink:

@Rehab1 -  Yes the Flame looks awesome in videos (or at least I think so!).  Not many wimmin around, but I do pass some sexy joggers now and then.  B)  I almost crashed going over a wide rut that I didn't see until the last moment after I passed one...

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
  • Upvote 1