THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

12 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Wow, that 14" wheel V5F+ is quite capable on rough terrain!  And you look to be going pretty fast.  What speed are you cruising at?

That was cruising around 22-23 km/h. Tiltback kicks in at 23 km/h and raises pretty fast at 24-25 km/h. A couple of times in the video the alarm sounded when passed 25 km/h..

@Jason McNeil is working on the firmware update to raise the top speed to 27 km/h (soon enough it should allow cruising at 24-25 km/h)

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Awesome video! 

Just one question about the ending... what's up with the one glove thing? 

But the kid is not my son. #MJ

Actually was fiddling with my phone just before. My gloves don't always with with the touchscreen. Oddly, the back of the finger near the fingernail seems to work better than the fingertip.

• Upvote 2

@SuperSport @Tishawn Fahie Got my YI Action cam on Friday. Was able some sample clips with/without stabilization. Camera is mounted to handlebar on the Ninebot.

Excuse the wobble which is pretty noticeable, especially after bumps :)  Didn't realize it was so bad, until I had mounted the camera to the unicycle. The Videos are straight from the camera, unprocessed other than trimming and joining of clips and adding some text. Camera stabilization turns on around 45-50 seconds mark. 

Overall I am quite pleased with it. Really like the color rendition.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, animan said:

I agree, the color is nice. It appears that our stabilization works very similar. Only difference is that I mount my camera on the side of the wheel using one of those stick on mounts. I used to mount to the trolley handle, but it seems more stabil on the side. 

Also keep in mind that when I first got my camera, the video was horrible!  Unusable, actually.   But, after Firmware Updates, it got better and better. Now, I love the results. 

Hopefully, the YI will be updated occasionally, and the sky is the limit on quality. It's already good out of the box. I do wish I had a touch screen, the menus are slightly clumsy. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the comments. I am kinda limited on the mounting options on the S2. The first video was mounted with a velcro strap :). For the 2nd one "Arkon quick release handlebar strap mount" came in from Amazon, so I was able to use it.

Yes, the touchscreen is nice and convenient. I didn't bother with the App after I initially connected. The YI did update the first time I connected to it with the App. Hopefully they will be able to enable stabilization in 4K mode, if the CPU is capable.

• Upvote 1

I just got my Xiaomi Yi 4K camera today (yay for Amazon and same day shipping). I noticed that the mic pics up interference or something if I record video while the camera is streaming to the app. It was driving me nuts trying to figure it out. It was a clicking sound in addition to the white noise you normally hear, but it's probably only audible when recording something in a quiet setting.

8 hours ago, animan said:

@SuperSport @Tishawn Fahie Got my YI Action cam on Friday. Was able some sample clips with/without stabilization. Camera is mounted to handlebar on the Ninebot.

Excuse the wobble which is pretty noticeable, especially after bumps :)  Didn't realize it was so bad, until I had mounted the camera to the unicycle. The Videos are straight from the camera, unprocessed other than trimming and joining of clips and adding some text. Camera stabilization turns on around 45-50 seconds mark. 

@animan - Job well done! You have convinced me to look into that camera. Great Video BTW - I always believed there was a better action camera than the GOPrO

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, animan said:

@SuperSport Did the Pacifica ride yesterday on our trip to Half Moon Bay :)  Beautiful ride, thanks for sharing the video. It is a little challenging but nice... my family really enjoyed the hike while I was riding!

That's awesome!  It's one of my favorite places to visit.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, iamstuffed said:

I just got my Xiaomi Yi 4K camera today (yay for Amazon and same day shipping). I noticed that the mic pics up interference or something if I record video while the camera is streaming to the app. It was driving me nuts trying to figure it out. It was a clicking sound in addition to the white noise you normally hear, but it's probably only audible when recording something in a quiet setting.

I believe there are some issues with the App, I haven't used it much but the one time I started recording a 4K video with the App it became unresponsive. I thought the recording had stopped but it was still continuing to record and I was able to stop it with the button on the cam.

You may want to file support case. If remote recording is important, a cheap remote to start/stop recording is also available.

1 minute ago, animan said:

I believe there are some issues with the App, I haven't used it much but the one time I started recording a 4K video with the App it became unresponsive. I thought the recording had stopped but it was still continuing to record and I was able to stop it with the button on the cam.

You may want to file support case. If remote recording is important, a cheap remote to start/stop recording is also available.

I don't use the app on the SJCam for this very reason.  It happens occasionally.  I'm comfortable using the buttons on the camera now, and it has a viewfinder, so it works.  If I was doing a selfie, I would use the app, but I don't rely on it.  I'm glad to hear it's not just mine.

5 minutes ago, animan said:

Yeah, I'm used to the original Xiaomi Yi and the BLE remote that comes with it, so I got the same travel stick version of the Yi 4K with the remote. The remote works well and allows you to switch between video and photo modes too.

51 minutes ago, EUC Extreme said:

I am super jealous! That is a beautiful race track for a Gotway! - How fast were you going?

2 hours ago, nomad said:

Today was a boring day at work but good thing the selfie stick was still in my backpack, so I decided to go by the lake for another video (:

Nice video - the location is amazing!! keep it up!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, litewave said:

Love all your videos. You are insanely inspiring.

Or perhaps just insane!

No offence @EUC Extreme - You are still my idol, and I still want your autograph.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, nomad said:

Today was a boring day at work but good thing the selfie stick was still in my backpack, so I decided to go by the lake for another video

The V5F+ was really shining in that video. That was excellent performance from the V5F+! That could be used as a sales video, in my opinion. While watching the video I realized, on rough surfaces like that, and at those speeds, I'd like to be on a 2.5 inch tire. The V5F+ tire looks pretty thin. I wonder why, after the success of the IPS191, we are not seeing more of the new wheels using a 2.5 inch tire. 

• Upvote 2