THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

@EUC Extreme Such a pleasure watching precision constantly competing with inertia and gravity!

Speaking of competing, are you thinking about entering a video in the contest? You certainly have an enormous fan base, including me, that would be hugely disappointed if you remained on the sidelines! ??

• Upvote 2

"Gloves" are my My made. Heat-deformable material is wood pulp. Here in Finland, bone fractures are supported with this material. It is easy to mold, if necessary, over and over again, simply by heating. Still, it is a normal warm very hard. These are very safe fall down, and they can easily be taken out if necessary.

What will be the competition ..
I'm not interested in the video competition.
I've done a lot of videos which will see what I can do.
Unfortunately, still, EUC equipment performance is a constraint that I could really show what I can.

• Upvote 2

On 9/11/2015 at 6:07 PM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Here's another video I did recently showing what a typical commute looks like for me. It shows my favorite park to ride through towards the beginning.. You can really fly through there. :)

Seattle is a great place to commute, even with the construction.  Love the parks, bike lanes, and friendly curbs!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Planetpapi said:

JABV #44. Just another video with selfie drone while riding. Too bad I sent my Ninebot to seller to fix the wobble issue. I won't have another drone video with the bot for sometime.

If you go outside of your lane, you will be disqualified!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

That looked like a fun ride! I liked the scenery. Did you use a drone sometimes in this video?

No I don't use a drone, below my materials:

Camera SONY FDR-X1000VR

Gimbal Feiyu tech G4 GS (for Sony cam)

Extension bar for the gimbal

35 minutes ago, Pasi said:

Yesterday I had flu and a little fever and I was in bed and in bad mood. So I decided to go ride euc and get some fresh air (It is not very physical). After 12km I felt much better..

It's good medicine!

• Upvote 2

On 9/10/2016 at 3:25 AM, Duf said:

I need to get in on the fun :)

Thanks for another great insight into your mind @Duf.

I suppose I should start with congratulating you on losing your 100 mile cherry - very well done!.

Now let's cut to the chase - 5:43 into your video, you make the subtle comment, "So even as I am approaching 100 miles on my Ninebot One E+, I've already been thinking for a while about what my next electric unicycle is going to be..." Now I'm pretty sure we warned you about this addiction. But I'm glad you didn't listen.

Gotway is a good choice. your real decision is the wheel size - A 16" wheel will be more agile, but an 18" will handle less "Ave Maria-like" terrain. So if you want to go places where the 16" currently struggles, then go the MSuper. But if you think you will be happy going where you currently go, the 16" would be more nimble. So you need to work out where you want to go with one of these things...  

Or you could be like some of us and get both.

One last question - I noticed the absence of knee-pads - After your "almost videoed" extravaganza, I though you said you would always wear them from now on???

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

NYC had a Unicycle Festival sometime last week. I created a video - I have to say these guys are skilled. Through out the trip I was called lazy and boring. By the time the 13 mile trip was over - they all wanted to try and at least half of the riders were interested in one. The group was well over 100. Hope you like.

That was insanely awesome!!! 

Watching this, I am a little jealous (and maybe tempted to by a MUC / PUC) - but then it also looks like a lot of hard work, so perhaps electric is a better option.

Two questions...

1. How do they compare for speed - can you blitz them on an EUC?
  2. Especially with those taller rides, a faceplant could be significant - or are they all to crazy to care? Or doesn't it happen without batteries?
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

I tried to ride one - Couldn't do it..... But they couldn't get on a EU either..

Funny...  And was it an "us and them" vibe, or was it all just "as long is it only has one wheel it's good"?

I so need to plan an extended NYC trip - from the last Summer Street through to the Unicycle Festival...  

Just now, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Funny...  And was it an "us and them" vibe, or was it all just "as long is it only has one wheel it's good"?

I so need to plan an extended NYC trip - from the last Summer Street through to the Unicycle Festival...  

It actually felt that way at first, being called lazy gave me that impression. Once they saw how fast I could go, up hills and do some tricks like idle without stepping down they became more drawn to it. They all wanted to try at the end. I must have explained what an EU is and how it works over 100 times...lol but it was a good vibe by the end.

You should come down one day if you do please let me know. We can ride around some nice areas!!

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

IYou should come down one day if you do please let me know. We can ride around some nice areas!!

Oh I so want to...  I'm thinking of planning a "Shafrir-pilgrimage" around the US...  Perhaps with a group?

Of course I will need to get an EUC shipped to (or purchased from) the US. But maybe that is how I slip an MSuper v3 1640 past the missus.

And spending mid-August through early-September in NYC would have to be on the agenda!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Oh I so want to...  I'm thinking of planning a "Shafrir-pilgrimage" around the US...  Perhaps with a group?

Of course I will need to get an EUC shipped to (or purchased from) the US. But maybe that is how I slip an MSuper v3 1640 past the missus.

And spending mid-August through early-September in NYC would have to be on the agenda!

Agreed a group would be awesome. That unicycle festival they have every year people from all over come down to take part.

that festival is for 3 days!!

they should have one for EUs...... I'd travel anywhere for that!!!

• Upvote 1