THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 hours ago, dbfrese said:

Charging was easy, I used a Sears DieHard inverter to keep it, my phone, Garmin VIRB video camera and other electronic toys charged up. (I always idled the engine in the Echo when I was charging the 9Bot.) Going fast was even easier -- the trails were almost always empty mid-week when I was there, and when I was editing the video, I doubled the speed for pacing purposes. It may seem fast when you're on the trail, but when watching on video when you get home it always seems painfully slow! 

I thought you might have used a DC-AC inverter plus the stock Ninebot charger, but wasn't sure if you had hacked or found a DC-DC converter that would work. I bet there is a (simple?) way to hook up a Ninebot charging port to the car's fusebox on an accessory circuit or direct to the car battery with an inline fuse, step-up converter and other bits and pieces (pardon if this topic has already been covered elsewhere on this site). Probably not worth the trouble unless using the Ninebot in beautiful remote areas often (the many DoC trails in NZ come to mind:)

I was half-joking about the Ninebot speed, but with such beautiful surrounds, why be in a hurry?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, litewave said:

I was half-joking about the Ninebot speed, but with such beautiful surrounds, why be in a hurry?

I was pretty sure you were joking, but I wanted to "come clean" about manipulating the speed of my 9Bot rides in the video. I usually keep my speed under 10 MPH, and when I do approach 13 MPH, I back off pretty quickly. I have only  experienced tilt back two or three times, and only one of those times for excessive speed. the other times were for low battery. 

It would be cool to charge directly from the car's DC system rather than have to go through an inefficient inverter, then back through the 9Bot's charger. If I had the chance to be out in the wilds more often I'd be more concerned, but 99% of the time I'm well within range of an electrical outlet!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

New video of the V8 Dazzle... 

I love this video! Just dark enough outside to distinctly show off the light effects but you can still see the V8 and background landscape with the wheel in motion! I can hardly wait!!?? 

Your new logo is simply awesome! Great graphics and message: Don't Walk. Don't Drive. Glide!?

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hansolo said:

French meet up with 174 participants

As a great video and is amazing how different your part of the world is than mine... I suppose a few events like this have occurred on the West Coast of the United States and perhaps in New York, but I surely wish the same could be said of Florida. I know Jason is trying to make that happen with his presence in the industry on the southeast coast of my wonderful state, but here on the West Coast of my state that is not the case... yet. Thanks for sharing this with us. looks like a fantastic day

• Upvote 3

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:41 PM, MaxLinux said:

I am trying to find a good light to add to my IPS wheels. I mean a light to see where I'm going, not to make the wheel visible to others. 

I selected this one, and it is very effective in headlamp mode (strapped onto my head). It provides such excellent visibility as a headlamp that I probably will not attach it to my wheel.

https://www.amazon.com/Sahara-Sailor-Headlight-Rechargeable-4400mAh/dp/B0188I6YNM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474595283&sr=8-1&keywords=sahara+sailor+bike+light

• Upvote 2