THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

11 minutes ago, jrkline said:

I second that.It was fun to finally have some company riding.It figures that my first group ride would expose the overheating issues of the King Song 14C .Only seems to be an issue when riding on sustained inclines/declines.Will have to try Cloud's three hole cooling solution then out to Griffith Park again for another test ride.

jrkline, 

I'm not sure if that was you in the video or not but I think you said that the gotway acm is more sluggish than the kingsong 14. Is that true or were you just messing with Marty?

3 hours ago, DS said:

Thank you for the interest :)

Yes, I do, when the weather allows.

Mmmmmm, not so bike friendly I'd say. The route is carefully chosen to accommodate the max EUC convenience.

Yeah, no lights...Wild East I'd say ;)...well, first time I met a strayed dog and some beggar looking man down there, but usually I do not feel threaten in such situations.

The bell is the simplest one attached to my finger: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bicycle-bell-horn-Bike-Ordinary-Bell-Bike-Bell-mountain-Road-Bike-Horn-Cycling-Bell-Bicycle-Accessories/32443044002.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.81.JVEEwF&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_5_10057_10065_10056_10068_10037_10055_10054_10069_301_10059_10033_10058_10032_418_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_2&btsid=310cb6e7-3d6b-476d-89c9-4ea952598445

I use it in the curved low visibility underground path to prevent crash with some nonconscious biker teen in a rush.

True if you refer to the crossing at 23:58, hard traffic + lack of traffic lights + eastern macho drivers =  tricky to cross. If you refer to 25:20 crossing - I was at green, but the light is not visible...second week already (sigh).

There were two dangerous moments in this particular trip: at 16:04 and 16:31 my "supposedly" main path was cut consecutively by female pedestrian and male biker....sigh...not everyone on these paths has a driving licence and even so, not everybody follows the rules.

Hey, thanks for the responses. I love that finger bell, and I'm going to get a couple. Your description of the nonconscious biker teen cracked me up :-)

Keep enjoying that commute and stay safe.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

Thanks for that link. Only a 10x markup ;-)  I guess now we know how money Amazon makes on something like this.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for that link. Only a 10x markup ;-)  I guess now we know how money Amazon makes on something like this.

How about a "group buy" from alibaba?  

I'm sure the minimum order is only something like 1000 units?  :(

Q~

3 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

you get 5 for that price..... who knows what i'll do with all of those

you gotta love amazon

Oh, I didn't notice that you get 5. Hmmm. One for each finger maybe ;-)

4 minutes ago, Questor said:

How about a "group buy" from alibaba?  

I'm sure the minimum order is only something like 1000 units?  :(

Q~

Actually you only have to buy one. The downside is that it takes a month to get it. I've ordered some similarly priced hardware from China like this and did get it. But it took weeks. Amazing that it's worthwhile for them to sell it for free shipping.

6 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

you get 5 for that price..... who knows what i'll do with all of those

Hand them out to kids you meet in your neighborhood.  They'll figure out something to do with them.  Like attach to a cat's tail...

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh, I didn't notice that you get 5. Hmmm. One for each finger maybe ;-)

LOL....

that would be some LOOK :D

9 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Hand them out to kids you meet in your neighborhood.  They'll figure out something to do with them.  Like attach to a cat's tail...

i LOVE that idea

1 hour ago, dbfrese said:

I went camping this past week and took the Ninebot One E+ along for local transportation to the lake for fishing and to see the sights. VIdeo is below!

Wonderful video! I really enjoyed it. And those asphalted paths in the forest...dreams :)

1 hour ago, dbfrese said:

I went camping this past week and took the Ninebot One E+ along for local transportation to the lake for fishing and to see the sights. VIdeo is below!

Awesome video, very professional, great editing and post. I wish I had visited the area the many times I travelled to and twice stayed in Arizona for extended periods. (How) did you charge the Ninebot, and how did you make it go so fast on the trail?  :lol:

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 2

(How) did you charge the Ninebot, and how did you make it go so fast on the trail?

Charging was easy, I used a Sears DieHard inverter to keep it, my phone, Garmin VIRB video camera and other electronic toys charged up. (I always idled the engine in the Echo when I was charging the 9Bot.) Going fast was even easier -- the trails were almost always empty mid-week when I was there, and when I was editing the video, I doubled the speed for pacing purposes. It may seem fast when you're on the trail, but when watching on video when you get home it always seems painfully slow! 

Edited by dbfrese
typo
  • Upvote 1

That is a great video

Jason, I look forward to your personal tasks about the real world range for this seemingly, Relatively speaking, anemic battery pack

Everything else about this unit is amazing and I understand it is thin and batteries cannot be made smaller

I just wish it had more reserve

• Upvote 1