THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

41 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

This is great stuff man! What drone are you using? Phantom? I'm using the Inspire 1- while there is a follow me option i fear there are to many obstacles in the way.

Thanks !

It's a P4, I love the inspire 1, the follow me works great on the inspire 1 no ? P4 has obstacle avoidance but I don't rely on it. I try to fly always in an open space.

Great thing with it is that I don't need to have the controller in my hands so that it follows me.

Edited by Pingouin

16 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Thanks !

It's a P4, I love the inspire 1, the follow me works great on the inspire 1 no ? P4 has obstacle avoidance but I don't rely on it. I try to fly always in an open space.

Great thing with it is that I don't need to have the controller in my hands so that it follows me.

I have a P3A. Still have to try follow me. How did you zoom in? Post?

Just now, Planetpapi said:

I have a P3A. Still have to try follow me. How did you zoom in? Post?

Hi,

It's zoomed in with Adobe, not on the original video. The follow me on P3A works great, the only con is that you need to have your controller on you in order for it to track your position.

@Hansolo, brilliant epic run, speaks volumes that as far as I could see almost every wheel was a KingSong or Gotway (although it was nice to see a Onewheel joining in for a <short!> while).

Did the guy riding at impressive speed backwards do the whole course backwards? 

Hi,

Last version this time, I tried to upload the full video in original quality, it's not exactly the same but it's getting close, my videographer talents are not very good for now ^^

Still with my quadcopter.

Edited by Pingouin
  • Upvote 3

On 8/21/2016 at 1:54 PM, Pingouin said:

Hi,

Last version this time, I tried to upload the full video in original quality, it's not exactly the same but it's getting close, my videographer talents are not very good for now ^^

Still with my quadcopter.  @Pingouin your quadcopter had very good follow me feature.  Nice how you got around the big tree.  What quadcopter is that again, and does it follow the smartphone?

30 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I finally fixed the quality issue of my videos in post montage. Next videos should be better, plus I hope to improve my riding skills too ^^

I tried to move around the tree so that it's not going to face it, even though it's supposed to avoid it but I don't take chances. It is a Dji phantom 4. It can follow the smartphone, but this one has a feature called "active track", it basically follows you on the screen, much more precise than the classic gps follow me, in bonus I can have it follow anyone or anything, and I don't need the remote controller in my hands.

Edited by Pingouin
  • Upvote 1

@Hansolo Great video!  I love seeing groups of people enjoying their EUCs together! I rode yesterday on a common bike path and you would have thought I invaded everyone's space. Out of 150 people I encountered along the way only one family waved and smiled! :(

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:24 AM, Hansolo said:

French meet up near Paris...

Very cool! I enjoyed the still photos included with the video footage. I enjoyed the all-day coverage from day to night! It would be so much fun to ride with a cool group like that!

3 hours ago, Hansolo said:

French meetup between Tours and Amboise (round trip) along the Loire

That was a good one! Beautiful weather, beautiful scenery, very cool group ride! The EUC community in France seems very active!

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I rode yesterday on a common bike path and you would have thought I invaded everyone's space. Out of 150 people I encountered along the way only one family waved and smiled! :(

I don't ride on bike paths (only because there is not one in my neighborhood), but when I encounter people while riding, usually they are friendly. Most of the time if I encounter pedestrians while riding on the sidewalk, I go out into the street if possible in order to avoid invading their space.

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2016 at 10:58 PM, MaxLinux said:

EUC Ride to Walmart Neighborhood Market 20 AUG 2016

@MaxLinuxthat was one of the few videos I have seen that showed an actual shopping trip on an EUC.  The chest cam is good for giving an almost eye level view of the ride, it doesn't make the speed look artificially fast like a selfie stick held low.  Amazing how much fit in the backpack.  That was a good scenic route also, and the commentary on the buildings was interesting.  Nice sunny day.

• Upvote 2