THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Don’t laugh, it’s my second attempt at making a 360 video. But I’m trying and learning... 

Short ride on one of Tyler Park’s many trails. 

• Like 3

Pretty nice trail! I was going out for a few minutes on the Z10 with my Gear 360 camera. I have no idea how to edit into something this good yet. I've had the camera for months and when I thought of it I realized I should probably plug it in to charge first.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Yikes!  The wobbles of doom.  I know them too well.  The last time I had them the wheel was flailing even worse that what it looked like in your video, and I thought oh oh this is it - gonna crash into the ravine.  I managed to remain calm and rode through it somehow.  I wish I had recorded it - the wheel was oscillating so much I've never experienced it that bad on my Tesla before.  Very very difficult to recover from.  Glad to see you had elbow pads on!  

Just in case you haven't seen before. 

A short video about how to try to control this dangerous wobbles.... Great true as say Trasvformation, it gives you time to get enough scared to not know what to do...:-<

• Like 2

I've been doing too much solo (social distancing) riding lately. Here is a video cruising around Lake Jennings in East County San Diego. Trying to keep the same format with a Relive video for geography and my customary voice over in post production. Too long, too short?

• Like 1

I figured instead of just commenting, I should contribute something to the video thread! ;)

I recently did the M-Path Trail in Miami. It follows the elevated Metrorail tracks through the city. There are many stoplights and patches of rough pavement, but it has its moments--probably be more fun on a wheel with suspension! So here's a short video. Next time I'll take more footage! Sorry for the unsteady iPhone recording. A better camera is in the mail...

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

A short trail ride from today shot on GoPro Max. [At the moment Youtube is over-compressing it. Maybe it'll improve later.]

I've been riding a few local trails recently. This one isn't too demanding, while the main other one I've been trying is a bit too demanding. There are some very steep climbs that are badly rutted by washout. Still looking for the Goldilocks trail!

Goldilocks is behind you.... Thanks for the vid, I'll be sure to absorb it, RIGHT AFTER youtube buffers MArty's vid (it may be an hour).

• Like 1

Okay, so its isnt a vid about euc's. But, I am a rider and there is a few moment of me on my mten. Can't even hear me bitch once the motor starts..    Mods, feel free to remove, but with the amount of BS of mine you've ignored already.....

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Okay, so its isnt a vid about euc's. But, I am a rider and there is a few moment of me on my mten. Can't even hear me bitch once the motor starts..    Mods, feel free to remove, but with the amount of BS of mine you've ignored already.....

Very nice.  I used to PPG back in the day.  Had over 40 flights easy, until I decided to give it up.  Took too much time to get my gear in the car and drive to the closest spot where we could fly, which was like an hour and a half from my house.  I do miss it, there is nothing quite like flying...

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You should try kiting the glider while on your wheel!!!

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

You should try kiting the glider while on your wheel!!!

Already tried that day one.... not such good results. The faster you go, the less your feet stay on the wheel.. :)

8 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Slydogstroh came over to the dark side, and he is doing well.

Is your wheel okay?!  This exemplifies the glorious feeling you get when riding an euc. Im just pissed that hes more comfy on his second ride, than I am after 500 miles. Thanks for the video, good vibes!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

No idea if everyone else is already doing this but I don't believe i've seen it, so I figured I'd just share a little technique I sometimes use to get through a tight spot, where I flip up the pedal while riding, and flip it back down afterwards.

• Like 2

Finally a group ride in SoCal. Here's a tour of San Diego from the Zoo through the streets via a short little canyon trail loop, a hidden 375' suspension bridge, the River Bikeway, Sunset Cliffs, Liberty Park, the USS Recruit, the Nimitz Bridge, the Spanish Landing Trail, Harbor Drive, up and over Banker's Hill, across the Cabrillo Bridge, and through El Prado back to Balboa Park. 11 Riders joined us on this excellent holiday weekend trip. It was great being with a group (socially distant of course) instead of the solo trips we've been accustomed to.

• Like 1