THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

If u find the s18 a piece of dog excrement,then good on u for calling it out.People are excited about suspension but if u can't ride the wheel to get ur heart pumping,u should a taken it to the highest bridge and filmed it flying into the great blue yonder!Suspension will be great but only as a compliment to an EUC that has sufficient ,range,power and speed!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alex Zavalny said:

Hi, guys! This is me, asking strangers whether they know about electric unicycle. I live in Latvian. 

https://youtu.be/LeeY1ELzJj8

Nice video! One of the biggest things that lures me to the 'sport', noone knows wtf it is. Since noone knows, I'm far less likely to face opposition and more likely to face bewilderment. Bewilderment is a safer reaction. One thing for sure, you can use it as a convo starter for all those pretty ladies out there. .You just gotta wear a bright red rubber nose perhaps? Not so sure you can claim that "anyone can ride it"  tho

Edited by ShanesPlanet

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Thanks Marty. Not so depressing, I flipped my mood with a simple few feet of rolling on the 18L :). Aside from the little bs, the clencher about the s18 was the lack of on demand power. Im sure the wheel has lots to give, but it doesnt do me any good if I can't tap into it. I really do think suspension feels great, but theres a few flaws need addressed before Im totally on board. I will revisit the v11, but my desire to be in the pre-order isnt so strong.  Hopefully the Sherman does better for me. Since Im waiting until next season to dabble in another wheel, Im looking into a scooter for the wife. Torn between the Pacer and lightining. One is 50lbs the other near 80lbs. The gear head in me says to drop the coin and go big or go home. The reasonable person in me, says to make due with the lesser. We should already know what hold more sway, as Im not the most reasonable person around. Anyhow, thanks for watching, hopefully I didnt sound too much a whiney bitch as usual.

1 hour ago, Daley1 said:

If u find the s18 a piece of dog excrement,then good on u for calling it out.People are excited about suspension but if u can't ride the wheel to get ur heart pumping,u should a taken it to the highest bridge and filmed it flying into the great blue yonder!Suspension will be great but only as a compliment to an EUC that has sufficient ,range,power and speed!

One thing both of you guys are doing is treating the S18 experience as a "suspension" experience. Power delivery has nothing to do with the suspension. That is, because the S18 sucks for you, all suspension wheels suck. This is absolutely false.

I guarantee that the V11 gives lots of power with very little input from the user (no need to squeeze the shell or excessively lean forward).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

One thing both of you guys are doing is treating the S18 experience as a "suspension" experience. Power delivery has nothing to do with the suspension. That is, because the S18 sucks for you, all suspension wheels suck. This is absolutely false.

I guarantee that the V11 gives lots of power with very little input from the user (no need to squeeze the shell or excessively lean forward).

I never went so far as to say the s18 was total shit. I also know that a wheel is the sum of its parts. I don't really care if it has the BEST of something, the 'experience' is the total package. It could have best of everything but a shit battery and the verdict would remain. I'm selling it and looking for something else. Quite the contrast of your statement, I never said ALL suspension wheels suck. I actually have been saying that the suspension and feel in general is a great idea. I quite liked the suspension feeling. BUT, a wheel is more than just a suspension. I have no idea what the v11 is like. I mentioned that I was considering it now. I think you are twisting this up Marty. I would like to try the v11, its the 1st batch jitters that are holding me back. I'm still nervous of the sherman preorder. If it arrives with screws missing and firmware snafu's and doesnt do much more for me than my 18L, I'll be disappointed in it as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Albatross said:

Family went on a camping trip to Lake Glory, PA.  I tried to make this video shorter, but how do you cut an hour worth of riding footage to 3 minutes...  Well here it is, another ride with the best riding partner I can have, my 9 year old son. 

You’re a lucky man! I’m truly jealous but the video made my day!:cheers:

50193145572_548ddae472_b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

You’re a lucky man! I’m truly jealous but the video made my day!:cheers:

50193145572_548ddae472_b.jpg

Thank you, I know that I have lucked out with these kids.  They are both awesome.  The five year old is now asking when he is going to start riding the EUC... lol

• Like 1