THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 minute ago, Mike Sacristan said:

That was some crazy range! How much do you weigh?

Looks like all flats... but still. :thumbup:

Yes iam living in the mother of flatlands, but i wasn’t riding like a pussy :lol:

Accelerating hard and lots of speed. :ph34r:

And my weight is 73kg.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@stephenA new twist has entered the array of 'stuff to deal with' (sore knees mostly) while riding the EUC. A recent change in eye glasses prescription and my own request to grind lenses with a wider field of view in the seamless bifocal has resulted in altered depth perception.

Specifically I feel shorter. Apparently this is a common problem for some eye glasses wearers. I'm blind as a bat without glasses and exiting the optometrist office to ride my Monster I was astounded by the change and proceeded slooooowly away on the EUC. 

I'm getting used to the new prescription but find going much faster than 15 mph to be a challenge. My Geo tracker app says I've hit 20 mph a few times. The depth perception of the location of my feet or the ground has the most noticable difference.

The eye Doc found a 'freckle' on the eye (melanocytes) and scheduled a return visit to see if it is getting larger. Of course cataracts exist on both but are not currently a vision problem in terms of riding.

I've adjusted my riding speed but I tend to ride a little slower now.

I suppose it was just one of those days when last week I looked at the commuter rail app quickly caught the train , and found myself on the alternate route north rather than the route to Ipswich , MA. 

My last photo sphere was a make sure I get on the right train type of adventure, photograph the darn place and come home excursion....only to share the road uneventfully with a truck towing a boat on a trailer.

https://images.app.goo.gl/qNMZE78THBnD29nV9

🙄😒

@Bob Eisenman know knee problems i walk 10 miles a day moving pateints about on beds and chairs, it's all the twisting on the knee joints that hurts , riding my euc doesn't seem to bother me much

As for wearing glasses i have some veri-focal glasses  and when i wear them it seems like I'm a foot off the ground when riding my wheel lol,,, so i don't wear them,,,

I had a mark on my eye when i visited the optician but they said it was a birth mark ,, first time they told me that and I've been a few times 🤔

Hope your eyesight stays fine and health in that matter 👍 age catches us up quick that's why i bought the euc before it's too late to enjoy 😁 

You caught the wrong train 🚆 and you nearly caught a boat 😬,  enjoy the eucing👍

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Yes iam living in the mother of flatlands, but i wasn’t riding like a pussy :lol:

Accelerating hard and lots of speed. :ph34r:

And my weight is 73kg.

Yeah I noticed! You were riding quite fast at most points. The vid was great btw! :thumbup:

I weigh 63kg so I would probably get a few km more provided I don't fly off. The reason I ask is because the 18XL has been in my sights for a while.
Now i'm looking at the Nikola and the 16X as well but the Nikola turned out to be a time bomb so I will wait.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

A tiny tiny pump track.
Scary stuff for me but good practice. I will go back and practice more. Can't ask for a better track to practice on.

It's a normal track mike's just shrunk 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stephen said:

Hope your eyesight stays fine and health in that matter 👍 age catches us up quick

I've spent many years under the watchful eyes if Brits. I find the health care perspectives of UK based publications to frequently be more helpful and direct than corresponding US ones.

Early on I wanted to pursue Clinical Chemistry. My choice caused me to move to Philadelphia from Boston in 1978. After passing a qualifier exam at the end of one year I chose  Welsh woman as an advisor. Sadly I quit. The advisor went on to study Veterinary medicine and was a professor in the UK (not retired?) the last time I looked.

https://www.hospital.vet.cam.ac.uk/staff/joy-archer

Fast forward to about 2000 and I was working again in the lab of the Boston based MD who sent me off to Philadelphia in 1978. 

Before the lab was 'decommisioned' for her use (ending my job in 2006) I shared the room with two British trained academics for a few years. Virginia was trained at 

Southampton Medical School, Southampton, UK

And is at UC Irvine now

https://www.choc.org/providers/genetics/virginia-kimonis-md/

She and her post doc made a significant medical genetics discovery . Her post doc and American wife moved back to London. Giles (dual US- UK citizenship) used to be an avid and accurate video game player.

Linkedin says he's at Liverpool John Moores University now

https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/about-us/staff-profiles/faculty-of-science/pharmacy-and-biomolecular-sciences/giles-watts

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Yunicycle said:

Haha, she's dangerous with that projectile.  Maybe use a leash (I mean of on the wheel of course)?

Haha I thought about it for a long time. Last night I was planning my strategy for today. Thinking that if I let her ride my MSX then maybe a leash is in order because I don't want my baby to get hurt (and yes I mean the MSX).
However, a poor decision is a poor decision and several poor decisions don't make a right decision. If she *chooses* to walk off the wheel and send it into a child instead of even moving one inch to grab it... then that is the extent of her fear in life. I could always put her in a little bubble and let her do her training there but then she will never be able to handle any real life situations and or she will have to learn them in a much more punishing fashion.

The only way for the leash to work is if I tied it around her.

Today she learned to ride upp and down hills, how to turn and how to ride off road. The off road part was to get her to bend her knees. There are also many other lessons being learned like when she should use her bell, at what distance, in what situation and so on. We have a lot of philosophical discussions during our rides.

17 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

@Jason McNeil a review of your Kingsong 14D I did with Ben Fox. Hope you like it. Just found out you are also a fellow Brit? 😁🙌🏾

I thought I saw somewhere that @Jason McNeil was British. I am too. 🇬🇧

Now as long as he's not a Man U, or Spurs supporter, I'll be even happier to buy my wheels from him.

Edited by Jon Stern

3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

And so the journey continues.

Ahh she is getting much better. With a few bike bumps but still 😉

• Like 1

I am very vell aware this is not an EUC, however....I think it is interesting for us too.

I wounder how many ore incidents like this it takes before a total ban happens. Right now @Henrik Olsen posted some time bsck they are tighting the grib of EUC riding in Denmark.

What do you guys think?

I hope you can see it as this is priceless behavior. I cant embbed it only past weblink. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAFvmpFC8ms

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Skydio loves wires. :crying:

Ohh I didn't see it was you @Rehab1 at first. That helmet makes you look 20 years younger :w00t2::P I see your shoulder looks better :unsure:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pico said:

Peace and Love!

Love the beautifully smooth motions of this video, except for the end :laughbounce2:

:cheers:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tumbla.jr said:

Quick edit... apologies for the low quality 

If this is your low-quality work, I can't wait to see your high-quality videos :D

:cheers:

• Upvote 1