THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow, you went to Poland just to check this out? Awesome, thank you!:thumbup:

Looks like Gotway made an irregularly shaped 24s4p pack. The main part seems to be 48 cells plus 12 (same 60 cells as in the 84V pack, which fills out the designed battery space exactly, just like this), and the extra bit has the other 36 (12+24) cells, all connected to one BMS in the main part. Pretty clever solution, and fits the space exactly. No extra cramped conditions on the board side, everything standard there.

Btw higher voltages aren't more efficient, I believe that only applies to power lines e.g. where you have resistance losses with lower voltage. Not a problem in wheels.

Thank you 

16 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

How about a little contest on who can perform the tightest figure eight. :popcorn: @Hirsute does not qualify. 

I will participate only in this category: top of EUC :roflmao:

1849592245_Topofpedal2.thumb.jpg.2233a8acd8a0c99cff77cfd71e601f8c.jpg

Side note: For those that have seen the video:

This was my first try ever outside!

Since the GF was filming, she said "Do it again, I did not see it!", I answered: No way! I pushed my luck enough already for my first try, let's call it a day!

The funny thing is that I learned that one going backward first! It required a solid 3 months of training!  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RoberAce said:

And I am afraid to push mine to 45km/h :lol: I have an alarm set at 40km/h and never go much higher. Ever since my Inmotion V8 cut out accident (went too fast over train rails and it shut down at 28km/h) I am really afraid of this happening again on any wheel I ride, but I presume the bigger tire + the more powerful motor would give me heaps more margin compared to the V8... but still ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

You’ve probably seen the pics, here is the video of the Gotway MSX 100v PLUS. This is a Mod by EUCService.com

I see two large packages that must have 60 cells each, and the small package on one side that must have 24 cells.
I don't like the 24 accessory cells are all on one side. This is about 1200 grams more on one side than on the other, which can make the wheel somewhat unstable and uncomfortable to drive.

Edited by Augus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Augus said:

I see two large packages that must have 60 cells each, and the small package on one side that must have 22 cells.
I don't like the 22 accessory cells are all on one side. This is about 1200 grams more on one side than on the other, which can make the wheel somewhat unstable and uncomfortable to drive.

24, not 22:) Otherwise I totally agree. Imbalanced weight sucks and makes the wheel veer off course (like the Monster). I hope there won't be imbalanced weight on the 2100Wh Nikola (which I'm eyeing).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

To be honest I would probably never find out. I set top speed to 42kmh and at 40kmh the last warning. But I fing I rarely go over 35kmh after my shoulder incident. So I have to get down to 20% or so to really feel the throttling. My longest total ride yet is about 40km and then I had 59% battery left. It is only if I push it very hard lower than 50% battery I can force a tiltback and it happened only once at fw 1.12 on an uphill slope. The fw 1.13 made the wheel to react more easy. You don't have to push so hard anymore. Imo it act like a bat out of he'll if you want it to. Scary at first but very useful to push out of traffic in roundabout crossings.

I love the sensation a lot. 😎😁

Thanks for the answer! Damn. Then the 18L is better than I thought. The thing is that it's pointless to have extra battery if it just means extra weight that is never used. So of course the 18L has it's advantages. Great to hear that the firmware made it even better! If I do 40km on my MSX then I also have ~59% battery left. Ali has 18XL in stock in their European warehouse for 16k SEK. 

It looks like I will still have to wait for the KS16X and see. Monika still has some riding to do on the Ninebot anyway.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, winterwheel said:

From my tour around the Dinosaur Trail in the Alberta Badlands, I encountered a deer on the way back down from the prairie into the river valley. First long trip of any kind,  first serious kms on the KS-18XL.

What beautiful scenery! And it looks so peaceful. 

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

What beautiful scenery! And it looks so peaceful. 

It really was, I left at 6am did the whole run and was back for breakfast by 8:30, so I got to see the sunrise as part of it. It was a bit windy when I was on the plain on top, but totally calm in the portions in the valley. Encountered maybe five vehicles in the entire run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winterwheel said:

It really was, I left at 6am did the whole run and was back for breakfast by 8:30, so I got to see the sunrise as part of it. It was a bit windy when I was on the plain on top, but totally calm in the portions in the valley. Encountered maybe five vehicles in the entire run.

Sounds like early rides is the way to go!
Sunrise will be at 03:38 tomorrow. Maybe I should give it a shot soon. I bet I will have most of the roads to myself. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Ride from Vail Village up to the summit of Vail Pass.

Still a lot of snow up there for this late in the season.

KingSong 18XL had plenty of battery for the ride, and I am a big rider, with gear probably around 260# if not a little more. I had 58% at the summit, started with 100%.  Average grade between 6% and 7% with a steep section around 8% to 9%.

Coming down my battery was still around 55% so didn’t use much on the way down due to regenerative braking.

Short video near the top, with Relive video attached .........

Awesome scenic route! :cheers: 

Summer and air shows seem to go together, assuming you can get to the show somehow.

This is old video from before and during the USAF Thunderbirds at Westover AFB in 2004 during the Great New England Airshow. Camera was a Canon ZR85, pulled from an old DVD.

As I remember...the visitor personal items search would probably disallow EUCs on base.

4 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Sounds like early rides is the way to go!
Sunrise will be at 03:38 tomorrow. Maybe I should give it a shot soon. I bet I will have most of the roads to myself. 

Wow, I had no idea Stockholm was so much farther north than Edmonton. You might want to wait a month or two before attempting a sunrise ride.

For all of yall who make videos and we're wondering if a tiny $70 gimbal is worth it. Here's a mini review and riding footage on various terrain. It's pretty smooth when paired with an MSX tire.

11 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Ride from Vail Village up to the summit of Vail Pass.

Still a lot of snow up there for this late in the season.

KingSong 18XL had plenty of battery for the ride, and I am a big rider, with gear probably around 260# if not a little more. I had 58% at the summit, started with 100%.  Average grade between 6% and 7% with a steep section around 8% to 9%.

Coming down my battery was still around 55% so didn’t use much on the way down due to regenerative braking.

Short video near the top, with Relive video attached .........

Sweet ride and very nice video with graphics.  I've heard about that ride for a while and now I've seen it.  Thanks

On 10/24/2018 at 5:45 PM, Steph Bussière said:

Hi Steph,
at least the link is working :)

FYI I'm just across the river in Gatineau and been riding for the past 2 weeks.

Got an Inmotion V8 and already at 300km :)

By the way, I started a new Meetup group and I'm looking for my first real member. The EUC Ottawa/Gatineau group is about connecting other Electric UniCycle so that we can share, learn and especially... ride together. Here is the direct link if you're interested or simply want to take a look... its completely free

Hope to meet and ride with you soon

Best regards

12 hours ago, winterwheel said:

Wow, I had no idea Stockholm was so much farther north than Edmonton. You might want to wait a month or two before attempting a sunrise ride.

500~ish kilometers north so you would almost be leaving Alberta. :) 
Interesting that the sun goes down at 22:05 in Edmonton and 22:04 in Stockholm.
Yet sunrise is at 5:11 for you and 3:40 for me. It's all about the tilt.

Edmonton is at a similar longitude to Germany.

Still 21C and a bit rainy today. 2 days ago was 27C. Tomorrow will be 15C.
Usually one can expect 22C. Surprised it's so cold in Edmonton.

I think it must be a timezone thing, because sunset occurs at pretty much exactly the same local time in both places. In any event, I was very surprised to find out that all the Nordic countries are entirely north of us; as the most northerly largish city  in North America I just assumed we were on par with southern Sweden, Norway etc. Learn something new every day.

• Like 1