New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Where the heck are the InMotion company guys at? Seems like half this forum bought a V10F

Wondering the same. And just when the first large batch was delivered. Bad timing to be away now. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Ha, yeah, @Citi Wheel hardly films himself these days, so I usually end up being the subject, esp when my wheels are involved LOL

For acceleration, I'll use only one foot and move it up the pedal to press & accelerate, while my other foot hangs back.

This allows me to 1.) not overlean, 2.) switch directions /pressures fairly quickly, as my back foot is stable and ready to apply different pressure, and 3.) press the hell out of the front accel pedal, even reaching over the front edge, as much as I want while the rest of my body stays balanced, 

I would love to see this explained in some video and maybe in slow motion. 

I am still learning to ride so to get my head around this would be easier with video guide. If it is possible ...

Hrm, I just noticed that my taillight isn't on anymore. It was definitely on when I first pulled the wheel out of its box; did I miss something in the manual about disabling it? I've tried turning on and off the headlight and the side-pattern lights, but neither one of those had an effect on the taillight.

1 hour ago, scap said:

About 2 hours into learning I rode it to the corner store and got a drink and the handle was awesome for walking around the store. Things I didn't like it is tilted back hard

Just now, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Wait, what?  You just got your wheel tonight and after practicing for under two hours you're riding at the limiter and heading to the store for drinks?

Yea seriously, @scap which planet are you from? :shock2:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scap said:

The app is pretty bad.

Well, believe it or not, it’s one if the best out there among EUC manufacturers.... I know, depressing.

On the bright side, once you have found your comfort settings, you won’t have any reason to use it anymore.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Wait, what?  You just got your wheel tonight and after practicing for under two hours you're riding at the limiter and heading to the store for drinks?

Not that unusual, is it? I've been practicing about 20-25 minutes a day spread over the five days before I took my first proper ride to work. That way I've avoided the worst bruises and such.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vik's said:

Not that unusual, is it? I've been practicing about 20-25 minutes a day spread over the five days before I took my first proper ride to work. That way I've avoided the worst bruises and such.

That's absolutely not comparable.

Your brain will train a lot more in 5 20 minute training sessions than in 1 100 minute training session.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, em1barns said:

Well, believe it or not, it’s one if the best out there among EUC manufacturers.... I know, depressing.

On the bright side, once you have found your comfort settings, you won’t have any reason to use it anymore.

Yes, the app is actually very good, best there is. But just not yet finished. They released it prematurely in order to have at least some functionality for first users. Consider it a beta release. 

23 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Your brain will train a lot more in 5 20 minute training sessions than in 1 100 minute training session.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong - I am not saying that a couple of hours of training before the first ever ride is not impressive. 

4 hours ago, scap said:

For learning I started off in my drive way for an hour and then went to a big empty parking lot tonight and practiced for about 40 minutes before venturing out and going 10 miles. I used to wake-board and I guess I have decent balance because I didn't think I would be able to ride unassisted this fast. I kept the default limit of 25kph and that was plenty fast but I did hit the limit a few  times and got beeped at. 

I am simply impressed! Wish I will be capable of doing the same and learn that quick but I doubt I can...   ?

29 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

@em1barns just had him on the phone. The devices will be PRODUCED on the 15th of June, so that means they still need to be shipped at that point in time.

Interesting, so we got into a fraud, so disappointing. I purchased from him just because all vendors were advertising July delivery in Europe. 

If it ships per boat, we are going to be delivered in August.... plane will be early July.

Did he mention plane or boat shipping?

7 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Interesting, so we got into a fraud, so disappointing. I purchased from him just because all vendors were advertising July delivery in Europe. 

If it ships per boat, we are going to be delivered in August.... plane will be early July.

Did he mention plane or boat shipping?

Nothing mentioned about shipping.

I doubt it will be by plane, considering the batteries.

Just now, ir_fuel said:

Nothing mentioned about shipping.

Plane is an option, INMOTION US shipped first units per plane, it’s a bit faster than boat shipping.

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

There will be some talent involved, but remember: going fast and straight is the easiest thing. Then comes braking and a little bit of curves. Not much more needed for a first ride.

My first ride was only after some balancing on the spot indoors (no wall/hallway to actually go some distance) and it went well. 5 attempts to step on, 2km before first stepping off (intentionally, was getting light-headed), up to 10% uphills, and stepping on on steep downwards inclines when going back (haha that was exciting:efee612b4b:). Sure, it probaby wasn't very elegant and took more time, but it worked well.

Friend of mine was riding and doing an easy turn on a narrow street width after 10 or 15 minutes of practicing, and we went on a few km ride afterwards, he stepped on multiple times on a wavy forest path thing, too.

EUCing is not that hard in the end.

Still props to @scap, going right for it!

6 hours ago, scap said:

Cons so far:

The app is pretty bad. I write software for a living and don't understand how a company would release this. Lots of unnecessary features and the ones that should work well don't. I have an Note 8 and it did disconnect a few times. I also couldn't figure out how to get anything to play on the speakers so if anyone knows I would be interested. 

Lol, be careful to never check the current KS or GW apps then, might give you a seizure if the top-of-the-line new IM app is bad:efeebb3acc: (objectively I guess you're right, it's probably bad, but it could be much worse:efef77eaf5:).

21 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

No batteries in passenger planes. Freight planes are A-ok. They just mostly use ships because of the costs for flying heavy, big packages.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fastmike said:

I am simply impressed! Wish I will be capable of doing the same and learn that quick but I doubt I can...   ?

Folks who have manual unicycle experience can pick up EUC in minutes.  @scap, do you already know how to ride a manual unicycle?

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Yes, the app is actually very good, best there is. But just not yet finished. They released it prematurely in order to have at least some functionality for first users. Consider it a beta release. 

There are a few bugs in the app and the sampling rate is not that great.  not sure how it compares to the other apps sampling rate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

depends on what you are learning.  i do agree that EUC/manual unicycle you need mulitple sessions.  Some things like bicycling, you can learn in one session.  Usually around an hour.

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Eh, I guess I shouldn't talk.  A few hours ago I was a dude, but now I'm a sexy, professional Russian bride willing to exchange intimate photos for $4.99 each (VISA/MC accepted), and I'm apparently fluent in Russian after playing with my Babbel app for a few minutes so go figure.  When life gives you a bunch of dudes on a forum, make moneynade I always say!  Dasvidaniya!  :efefa6edcf:

Reading between the lines (and your updated profile), this means we are supposed to PM you unsolicited dick pics from now on, right? OK, can do, brb!:efefd0f676:

• Like 1