New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

19 minutes ago, Kael said:

Just monitoring the LED indicators and battery level in the app, I could log it but haven’t done so, so far. I’ve left it on the charger overnight a few times, it always stops charging around 85-90%. Just over 1000 miles and a year old now. I usually full charge, as I certainly expect the battery to last more than 1000miles. 

You may have a bad charger that isn't topping the cells off fully and then allowing the BMS to balance them all resulting in weak cells. Can you measure the charger output voltage? 

On 6/7/2018 at 1:27 PM, em1barns said:

Interesting, so we got into a fraud, so disappointing. I purchased from him just because all vendors were advertising July delivery in Europe. 

If it ships per boat, we are going to be delivered in August.... plane will be early July.

Did he mention plane or boat shipping?

I sent him a mail to upgrade my order to a Ninebot Z10. I already paid the full price for the V10F so I guess that should be enough as up front payment. Since we have to wait anyway I don't mind waiting a bit longer, and I also have a Rockwheel GT16 on order.

Waiting for a reply now ;) 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I sent him a mail to upgrade my order to a Ninebot Z10. I already paid the full price for the V10F so I guess that should be enough as up front payment. Since we have to wait anyway I don't mind waiting a bit longer, and I also have a Rockwheel GT16 on order.

Waiting for a reply now ;) 

Good luck. Ordering 2 high end wheels at the same time, you sound pretty hooked up ?.

Rode the V10F tonight around my house. We have some pretty large hills here and I am glad I got a V10 over the V8/Glide 3. I didn't get tiltback today and the app said I Maxed at 1996 Watts going up a very steep hill. When I made it to the top I was only going 4 MPH. Going down that hill I wish there was more regen braking. I maxed out the reg brakes and was slowly speeding up and couldn't maintain a slow speed. I was going 16 MPH by the time I got to the bottom. Luckily this steep hill is not very long! I did get the speaker to work and its great at low speeds but hard to hear at higher speed. The app disconnected on my ride 3 times. I will start looking at using wheel log from now on. 

1 hour ago, scap said:

Rode the V10F tonight around my house. We have some pretty large hills here and I am glad I got a V10 over the V8/Glide 3. I didn't get tiltback today and the app said I Maxed at 1996 Watts going up a very steep hill. When I made it to the top I was only going 4 MPH. Going down that hill I wish there was more regen braking. I maxed out the reg brakes and was slowly speeding up and couldn't maintain a slow speed. I was going 16 MPH by the time I got to the bottom. Luckily this steep hill is not very long! I did get the speaker to work and its great at low speeds but hard to hear at higher speed. The app disconnected on my ride 3 times. I will start looking at using wheel log from now on. 

You can brake beyond regen braking limit. Regeneration is limited at around 300w if I recall properly, but you can use the full EUC power to brake, our wheels are direction-agnostic. Otherwise, we could not perform emergency stops, which would be dangerous.

Edited by em1barns
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, scap said:

... Going down that hill I wish there was more regen braking. I maxed out the reg brakes and was slowly speeding up and couldn't maintain a slow speed. I was going 16 MPH by the time I got to the bottom. Luckily this steep hill is not very long!... 

Wait, what?  :blink: Oh scap!   That's quite worrisome.  How heavy are you and what kind of downhill grade are we talking about here?  You should be able to come to a full stop even on a very steep hill.  I've zoomed down at about 40 kph on a medium downhill on my Tesla, but I can still brake to a stop with about 167 lbs of rider weight.  Are you saying there was no way to slow down? 

• Upvote 1

Among five V10Fs I ordered, one has tail light issue being DOA. :facepalm:

Thankfully, no bearing issues so far and all the tire are installed correctly.

• Like 3

Hi there,

got my V10F today and played a bit with it.
A real different driving than my KS14D.
More stability and turning is different.Have to practice a bit to become save.
Everything else seems ok except tire is mounted in wrong direction...
Don't know if I should change it.
Best wishes from Ralph Germany

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 10:49 PM, WARPed1701D said:

This is really odd behaviour. The V8 only does this when the battery reaches 0% or on overheat. It doesn't sound like either of these should apply to you.

@Bobwheel, @Jeffrey Scott Will are you aware of this issue? Marty didn't see this problem on his test ride in challenging conditions except on "overheat hill". I know you have posted once for a specific bearing failure but It would be good to see some more comments here from the Inmotion team to address all the issues being seen (bearing noise, play in the wheel, several broken tailights, unnecessary extreme tiltback). Don't let your previous hard work on here be undermined by silence when openness is most needed.

Sure thing, I'll forward it to our team. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 4:48 AM, maltocs said:

Yes, it was odd behavior, but nothing that can't be adjusted with a firmware update. And oddly enough, when it cut on the straight away at about 22mph at about 40% battery, the inmotion app showed my max power for the ride was only about 1500W, no where close to the max 2000 rated power. 

Hoping for a firmware update to fix these problem soon. There was an updated android app released this morning v 7.0.3 but doesn't seem to do much other than add the new inmotion P2 bicycle to it's compatibility list. 

So the power of the motor was 1500W, and may I know the environment temperature and how long time have you been riding before the tilt-back?  

BTW, the App keeps updating every one or two weeks these days, please stay tuned. 

On 6/8/2018 at 4:32 AM, Bobwheel said:

It should be the bearing, so sorry for that.

We found out one of the motor vendors have a high rate of bearing issue, and all the motors had been returned to them. We need to replace a new one for you asap. 

Hi Bob

As you probably have seen, several people reported the exact same symptoms on their V8, becoming worse with time. 

Just curious, was it the same vendor in that case? 

Thanks

Phil

1 minute ago, Fastmike said:

Hi Bob

As you probably have seen, several people reported the exact same symptoms on their V8, becoming worse with time. 

Just curious, was it the same vendor in that case? 

Thanks

Phil

Actually it's a problem for some V10, and yes all the motors from that vendor had been returned back to them, and we've got this problem done last month. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, em1barns said:

Good luck. Ordering 2 high end wheels at the same time, you sound pretty hooked up ?.

Got confirmation. V10F order replaced by a Z10 one. Apparently I wasn't the only one :) 

Estimated delivery July, but I guess it will be August ? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

Actually it's a problem for some V10, and yes all the motors from that vendor had been returned back to them, and we've got this problem done last month. 

Thanks for the quick turnaround.I guess the community concern, beyond the reactive fix of the issue, is that it has not been spotted by INMOTION QC. 

Inmotion was the king brand of reliability in 2016. Then came Kingsong in 2017 with their test benches for every wheel, and reliability was improved 3 fold over INMOTION.

The fact bearing issues out of the box exist means INMOTION does not run automated benches as Kingsong to test wheel function as expected. 

So perception is that Inmotion did not invest in this area, and may go down from #1 to #3 or #4 this year in reliability. As they are not going to win the performance race either, what will be left? Price and design.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, em1barns said:

So perception is that Inmotion did not invest in this area, and may go down from #1 to #3 or #4 this year in reliability. As they are not going to win the performance race either, what will be left? Price and design.

Well, they do have some seriously good build quality if you check how the wheel is made, compared to other brands. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Well, they do have some seriously good build quality if you check how the wheel is made, compared to other brands. 

In most aspect, I agree. But default in axel area/bearing, that was there on V8 not remediated, and same on V10? Why? Now we are told that this is corrected... That piece supports all the payload and should be designed as per. wait and see

Edited by Fastmike

1 minute ago, em1barns said:

Thanks for the quick turnaround.I guess the community concern, beyond the reactive fix of the issue, is that it has not been spotted by INMOTION QC. 

Inmotion was the king brand of reliability in 2016. Then came Kingsong in 2017 with their test benches for every wheel, and reliability was improved 3 fold over INMOTION.

The fact bearing issues out of the box exist means INMOTION does not run automated benches as Kingsong to test wheel function as expected. 

Actually KingSong shipped a number of dud wheels in 2017. Missing programmed serial numbers on 16S machines was one issue. I believe @Jason McNeil actually got quite annoyed with them at one point as he was QCing their wheels before he shipped them to customers. It would seem all manufacturers could do with upping their game here. Sadly it also seems that the V10 bearing issue requires a few miles to become evident and may not be caught by a last minute bench check. Only a couple of wheels (still too many) have had an obvious fault out the box.

The V10F is a great spec wheel but it would seem it is going to struggle against the KS18L when it is finally released. Of course we have yet to see what QC issues that may have. The Z10 looks like it may be better than expected in the spec dept but excessive weight and manouverability concerns could have people sticking with the traditional wheels or upgrading to the MSX (if willing to brave Gotway QC!) 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Maybe these issues being resolved is also the reason of the delay.

I am keeping my v10f order right now, just hoping this is the case, indeed.

Other new wheels are too heavy for me, anyway, having to carry them 2 floors up and down multiple times a day. Plus I don’t want more than 40km/h, and don’t want to be tempted...

• Like 2