New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

5 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

I can't get this thing to connect to the app, anyone else have issues?  I'm using 7.0.2. It can see it just fine but says connection failed.

Using Android

Did you put in any pin code? I am not sure for V10 but for V8 it is 000000

4 hours ago, that0n3guy said:

I can't get this thing to connect to the app, anyone else have issues?  I'm using 7.0.2. It can see it just fine but says connection failed.

Using Android

I found a solution check out the inmotion Android thread

I just took a quick night ride... was great.  The peddles on this thing are huge and feel great.    I'm planning on riding half-way to work tomorrow (I need to build up to all the way ~10miles).

Anyways, I was just down to about 89% battery from the day and wanted full battery for tomorrow so I plugged it in.   When I plug it in, it makes a high pitched sound (like as if the motor is on, but very slightly different).   I don't remember it doing that the first time I charged it last night.   Does that sound normal to anyone? 

If it always makes that noise while changing, I'm not sure I can charge it in my office or I'll (and everyone else) freak out.

Edited by that0n3guy
  • Upvote 1

Looking at disasembling V10F videos around, it looks like that there is  one physical board. InMotion communication is not very clear on that in the way some charts shows 2 different CPU when V10 spec list speaks about a single, dual core CPU, which is of course not the same since dual core CPU do not offer any redundancy!

Does anyone happen to know if the V10 is equiped with two CPUs or only with one dual core CPU?

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

Looking at disasembling V10F videos around, it looks like that there is  one physical board. InMotion communication is not very clear on that in the way some charts shows 2 different CPU when V10 spec list speaks about a single, dual core CPU, which is of course not the same since dual core CPU do not offer any redundancy!

Does anyone happen to know if the V10 is equiped with two CPUs or only with one dual core CPU?

Thanks

Already answered by Bobwheel, have a look at his posts.

• Upvote 1

Got my V10F on Friday night and tried it on Sunday for 20 minutes. Rode it to work this morning and it was awesome. Just one complaint, my shins stick to the pads and that makes it harder to shift front to back quickly. Sure don't want to wear pants in the summer. What could I put on the pads to let my skin slip on it - I'm not putting lubricant on... LOL

• Like 2

On 5/30/2018 at 3:20 PM, Master Blaster said:

OK — I might get flamed for this but here goes............I am definitely “Nit Picking” here because in the big-picture scheme of things this issue does not really matter much, but I see it as an “attention to detail” issue with the factory wheel assembly.

Sipes/treads are formed into a tire for the primary purpose of water evacuation under the tire in attempt to improve contact between the tire and the riding surface when water is present. Also serves to reduce the effects and onset of hydroplaning. As such we really never reach a speed on an EUC where hydroplaning or loss of traction in rain or wet conditions is a problem.

From tests done on aircraft hydroplaning a formula was developed to calculate the minimum speed in knots at which a tire will hydroplane: “obtained during hydroplaning tests have shown the minimum dynamic hydroplaning speed (VP) of a tire to be 8.6 times the square root of the tire pressure in pounds”

so let’s use a tire pressure of around 45 lbs for an EUC......we get 6.7 X 8.6 = 57.62 knots or about 66 mph before we would have an issue on an EUC in the rain.

All this is getting to the tire “direction of rotation” indicator stamped into the sidewall of the tire so that it gets mounted so that the sipes are working most efficiently to evacuate the water under the tire.

My factory mounted Kenda tire is mounted backwards on my V10F — again I want to stress that it really is not an important detail, but it should ideally be mounted properly at the factory. On the V10 design it is a one-way Wheel due to the trolly handle storage, and the red brake light, so I think they should pay closer attention to mounting the tire in the proper direction.

2AB3B6CA-1FEB-4D4D-A2F1-7CD97642A5D3.jpeg

Mine is mounted backwards too. I also notice the maximum load on the tire is 75kg..... With me being close to 120kg and the wheel being 22kg, that's 67kg over the maximum load of the tire.....What's up with that?

Will also be interested in getting an official answer on the max weight of 75Kg vs 120Kg announced for payload. Usually any chain will have the maximum resitance of its weakest part... (but it might also possible that the max speed had to be taken in count for the tyre resistance calculation?)

Edited by Fastmike

7 hours ago, Fastmike said:

I know it might be a pain to adjust it each time before plugging your wheel in, but did you try the Volume slider in the App to see if that helps? Don't have my V10 as yet so cannot try...

Phil

I'll give this a try tonight.    I checked it a half hour later and it wasn't making the noise anymore

58 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Just one complaint, my shins stick to the pads and that makes it harder to shift front to back quickly.

Maybe some armor-all on the pads?   That usually makes leather/plastic/vinyl seats feel slick.

I rode this thing for about 5miles this morning (I parked halfway to work).   I can hit 20mph easy, but anything past that I start to get speed wobbles.

Also, around 21-22mph, I feel like I'm getting some push-back, but my battery is at 85-90% so I don't think I should be getting pushback yet.   No audible alert, just very slight tip back.   I tested pushback at 14mph (set it low in the app) and it was way stronger than this.

Do you think it is pushback?  or do you think I'm just a noob and you have to lean into it more at those speeds :).

30 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

I rode this thing for about 5miles this morning (I parked halfway to work).   I can hit 20mph easy, but anything past that I start to get speed wobbles.

Also, around 21-22mph, I feel like I'm getting some push-back, but my battery is at 85-90% so I don't think I should be getting pushback yet.   No audible alert, just very slight tip back.   I tested pushback at 14mph (set it low in the app) and it was way stronger than this.

Do you think it is pushback?  or do you think I'm just a noob and you have to lean into it more at those speeds :).

About the wobbles, can that possibly be due to an inccorect/not sufficient tyre pressure?

45 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

About the wobbles, can that possibly be due to an inccorect/not sufficient tyre pressure?

I think it's more a not enough muscle in the right places :)

I'll check the tire pressure though... I set it to about 37psi 2 days ago... maybe that's too low.  It says "set to 40" on it... I thought I read that on the 2.5" tire lower works better sometimes so I went just a tad lower.

Edited by that0n3guy
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Mine is mounted backwards too. I also notice the maximum load on the tire is 75kg..... With me being close to 120kg and the wheel being 22kg, that's 67kg over the maximum load of the tire.....What's up with that?

2 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Will also be interested in getting an official answer on the max weight of 75Kg vs 120Kg announced for payload. Usually any chain will have the maximum resitance of its weakest part... (but it might also possible that the max speed had to be taken in count for the tyre resistance calculation?)

I'd say it is a rare 16" tyre that is rated for more than 75-85 kgs. If you find one that isn't stiff as stone I'd like to know what brand and model it is. My Kenda is rated pretty high, but it is hard as old leather, and a high pressure is recommended. Even at 2.8 bars which is the recommended minimum, it is as hard or harder than my old ChaoYang was at 3.1 bars. I'm considering changing back, since that extreme hardness is hard on my ankels and knees, and makes it harder to prevent side-slips caused by diagonal cracks in the road.

At least they have a good profile for easy turning.

But the conclusion is that you can probably pretty safely ignore that number.

• Like 1

I was testing battery life and got it down to about 20% When I tried to climb a small but fairly steep hill, I got a loud "OVERLOAD" warning and it tilted back enough to kick me off. I walked it up to the top of the hill and turned it back on to make it home about 5 minutes later. I let it rest for a bit and it settled at 37% battery life. I went to the SETTINGS gear icon and did a DIAGNOSE. In the past it passed with all 5 checkmarks, but this time a pop-up came up and said OVERLOAD and I had to hit okay to acknowledge it. Problem was, there was no way for me to RESET this warning after I read it. I turned off the unit, turned it back on, and I still see OVERLOAD during the diagnostic. 

SO i did ERASE DATA where it tells me this operation will erase all audio and light effects files. No big, the few light effects I loaded on only took a few seconds. HOWEVER, it ERASED all the SYSTEM DEFAULT sounds. Now the V10F has NO beeps, no warning, no nothing.

Is there a way to RELOAD the system sounds??

I can still connect A2DP audio and hear music and other phone sounds. 

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

Is there a way to RELOAD the system sounds??

I believe you would have to manually re-download them again and sync (transfer) them into your wheel.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, z3n said:

I believe you would have to manually re-download them again and sync (transfer) them into your wheel.

I don't see an option on the app to transfer sounds. I heard I can make my own silly pre-recorded warning sounds but I never did find that option when looking around the app. Is there some downloadable zip file somewhere of default system sounds? Thanks in advance.

21 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I don't see an option on the app to transfer sounds.

If I remember correctly, once you download the sound pack you want using the App, it would automatically transfer them to your wheel. So you would need to hold your phone closely.

24 minutes ago, maltocs said:

II heard I can make my own silly pre-recorded warning sounds but I never did find that option when looking around the app.

Yes you can. You need to have at least one sound pack downloaded and transferred into your wheel first, and then you can go to the DIY section and customize every each of the sounds by recording through your phone's microphone only.

27 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Is there some downloadable zip file somewhere of default system sounds?

AFAIK you can only download them in the App directly. Some sound packs are purchasable with their bonus point (the so-called LeCoin) while most of them are free.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, z3n said:

AFAIK you can only download them in the App directly. Some sound packs are purchasable with their bonus point (the so-called LeCoin) while most of them are free.

OKAY, I think i found it, and sound uploading is NOT available for this wheel using the latest and only version of this app that works with the V10 series. When I go into the SETTINGS, for a split second, the sound customization shows up and then it disappears probably because that feature is not compatible on this wheel. If i FAST FINGER it during that split second, I actually get into SOUND CUSTOMIZATION. This screen shows the Lecoin thing you were talking about and all the models that are supported and the V10 series is NOT SUPPORTED.

Bottom Line, DO NOT \settings gear icon\diagnose\ERASE DATA on the V10 series unless you want to delete all your default system sounds with no way at this time to reload them. 

Screenshot_20180604-232559_InMotion.jpg

Screenshot_20180604-231941_InMotion.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What is worrying me is that he made that same comment for braking as well!... I am surprized that the adjustments in the app does not change the behavior of the wheel in that regard (setup from 2048 up to 4096)...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1