New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

4 hours ago, maltocs said:

OKAY, I think i found it, and sound uploading is NOT available for this wheel using the latest and only version of this app that works with the V10 series. When I go into the SETTINGS, for a split second, the sound customization shows up and then it disappears probably because that feature is not compatible on this wheel. If i FAST FINGER it during that split second, I actually get into SOUND CUSTOMIZATION. This screen shows the Lecoin thing you were talking about and all the models that are supported and the V10 series is NOT SUPPORTED.

Bottom Line, DO NOT \settings gear icon\diagnose\ERASE DATA on the V10 series unless you want to delete all your default system sounds with no way at this time to reload them.

I would suggest you to try the iOS app instead. It is known to be much better developed than the android one. Good luck man!

• Upvote 1

I've not heard any sound out of my unit (except for the one time I was able to get Bluetooth audio to connect). I've never heard a warning beep or anything.  I just thought that I'd not hit any limits yet, but you make it sound like I just don't have the sound files, that's scary.

I sure hope my new V10 doesn't have any sound files :) Tactile feedback is better, in my opinion.

For some reason, nine months after I started riding my trusty V5, it stopped playing all sounds, and I have loved it so much more ever since. I didn't even investigate why, and I'm actually very happy to hear that the erase feature might provide silent bliss on the V10, too. I was worried I might have to disconnect the speakers after being so accustomed to silence.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, soulson said:

I sure hope my new V10 doesn't have any sound files :) Tactile feedback is better, in my opinion.

For some reason, nine months after I started riding my trusty V5, it stopped playing all sounds, and I have loved it so much more ever since. I didn't even investigate why, and I'm actually very happy to hear that the erase feature might provide silent bliss on the V10, too. I was worried I might have to disconnect the speakers after being so accustomed to silence.

Yeah the speed warning was really annoying, I could do without that. But when it told me "overload" that was kind of helpful because the next thing it did was kick me off. I have to wonder what other diagnostic warning messages I will be missing out on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

3) acceleration from standstill is shit.  inmotion need to improve this.  i think they are throttling this to get more range because stop and go uses most energy.

4) breaking is shit.  don't know why.  Inmotion need to improve this.

when ifirst rode mine i thought the same thing. not so much on acceleration  but on stopping. 

i played with then pedal leveling thing and sensitivity and it made a world of difference. my pedals are on the hardest setting and as level as i can get them. it was like night and day.

36 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

10) i dont like the button on the handle to turn off the power to the wheel for lifting.  i touched it by accident a few times when i stop, instinctively reach to grab handle, then unit falls!

Felt the same at the beginning, now cannot do without it. If you don’t get used to it, button can be disabled in app.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Felt the same at the beginning, now cannot do without it. If you don’t get used to it, button can be disabled in app.

the button on mine has to be pretty deliberately pressed to stop the wheel. i always wait to hear the beep before lifting but the disconnect button is huge for me. i use the wheel like a floodlight to light my way toting it thru my messy, dark garage.

22 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i always wait to hear the beep before lifting

I've never heard a beep.  I've definitely hit the button on accident before as well, once when I was sitting on it (or trying too) and I fell over  at 1mph :).   I like the button a lot tho, just have to get used to it being there.

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

3) acceleration from standstill is shit.  inmotion need to improve this. 

4) breaking is shit.  don't know why.  Inmotion need to improve this.

I kinda agree with this.  Messing with the peddle sensitivity or angle doesn't help with braking/accel speed, it just makes it feel different I think.   My ks14c accellerates and breaks harder than my v10f and its a "wheeny" 800w motor.

To me, the sound issue (no warnings played) and the slow breaking speed are both safety issues.

@Bobwheel & @Jason McNeil What do you think about these two issues: sound not working and breaking speed? 

Edited by that0n3guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

when ifirst rode mine i thought the same thing. not so much on acceleration  but on stopping. 

i played with then pedal leveling thing and sensitivity and it made a world of difference. my pedals are on the hardest setting and as level as i can get them. it was like night and day.

comes default to hardest setting.  that is how i like it, but still i almost over leaned in both directions from a stand still.

54 minutes ago, em1barns said:

I will probably disable the button.  it is easy enough what i do and i don't want to change my behavior for different wheels.  i tried to push it and press the button, it does turn off when you are moving.  not sure what the cut off is... 5mph when it won't cut off with accidental press?

7 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I will probably disable the button.  it iseasy enough what i do and i don't want to change my behavior for different wheels.  i tried to push it and press the button, it does turn off when you are moving.  not sure what the cut off is... 5mph when it won't cut off with accidental press?

Haven’t tried but probably along this line, I use it with the trolley, when there are stairs for instance. Being able to activate it by taking the handle while in movement makes the transition from handle to carry smooth.

I guess we need a volunteer to try it at various speeds ?.

Edited by em1barns
  • Like 1

Oh, by the way, the V10F is a 17" wheel, not 16, just measured.  The KS18S to my surprise is a 19" wheel, and the KS16 is very close to 16", same with NB1....  Explains why the V10F feels more stable than the KS16, but doesn't explain why it feels better than the KS18S over rough roads.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, em1barns said:

I guess we need a volunteer to try it at various speeds

Mine doesn't activate when going fast walking speed I think.  It will turn off when you get below 2-5mph like eddiemoy said.

The power button is similar.   I wish it was a push and hold to turn off similar to power on.   I've accidentally bumped it once while standing there (at a stop light) and turned it off.

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

but doesn't explain why it feels better than the KS18S over rough roads

The peddles maybe?    The peddles on the v10f are pretty fantastic.   So cushy :) and huge.   

I did scrape a peddle yesterday, which I thought was impossible since they are so high.   I was breaking down a hill hard while turning... so the peddle was pointing up hill.

• Like 1

Went for a 20 mile ride this weekend and agree with the other comments. I can only compare to a KS14D, which is obviously a very different wheel. I immediately noticed the sluggish response in both acceleration and braking, but I assumed that was just a 14inch vs 16 inch difference. I've never ridden any other wheel so I can't judge.

Overall, the wheel feels very nicely built and the pedals are fantastic. It feels incredibly stable compared to my 14 inch wheel. It made my KS14D feel like a cheap toy (which is a big compliment to the inmotion). I thought the weight of the wheel wasn't too bad either. It's the same weight as a 45lb plate at the gym and I didn't have any issues carrying it up the stairs at work (the handle is very comfortable).

I did run into an issue about 10 miles into my ride when my wheel started making a pretty loud scraping like sound. I thought maybe something had gotten stuck in the wheel but there wasn't anything there. The sound came back and left intermittently throughout the 20 mile ride. Currently, it is not happening but I'm really hoping it isn't a messed up bearing like another user was having in this thread.

Edited by King Llama
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Oh, by the way, the V10F is a 17" wheel, not 16, just measured.  The KS18S to my surprise is a 19" wheel, and the KS16 is very close to 16", same with NB1....  Explains why the V10F feels more stable than the KS16, but doesn't explain why it feels better than the KS18S over rough roads.

What did you measure? Normally that is the rim size, not the outer size of the tyre.

7 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

What did you measure? Normally that is the rim size, not the outer size of the tyre.

What really matters when it comes to comfort is the outer size of the tyre.

In addition, for EUCs, manufacturers have traditionally used outer tyre size, not rim size. MsuperX for instance has the same rim size as Msuper, but a 3 inches tyre instead of 2.5 . Hence the 19 inches wheel label, versu 18 inches for Msuper.

Edited by em1barns
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, em1barns said:

In addition, for EUCs, manufacturers have traditionally used outer tyre size, not rim size. MsuperX for instance has the same rim size as Msuper, but a 3 inches tyre instead of 2.5 . Hence the 19 inches wheel label, versu 18 inches for Msuper.

That makes no sense at all.

Nobody does this (well except for EUC manufacturers it seems ...)

4 minutes ago, em1barns said:

@ir_fuel, any update on delivery on your side, btw ??

Nothing here. No news. Didn't ask either.

Maybe I should send a mail.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Outer size of the tire.  if it is the rim size, then it is smaller than 16" and the KS18S is smaller than 18".

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Another thing I don't like...

1) the charging port is right under the handle.  Have to lift the handle to get to the charging and have to have the handle in the up position for charging.  What if handle falls down during charging?  Broken charging port?  I lay it down on the side to charge.

2) the charger gets really hot when charging.  141 degrees F on the top and 152 on the top.  This isn't normal is it?

like everyone else, i agree with your assessment of acceleration and deceleration. It feels like a Chevy Surburban, not the MTen3 feel of a Civic Si.

I didn't do any measurements, but yes, the charger feels really hot compared to the very similar looking 84V gotway charger. I did some time/charge testing and it seems to charge at a rate of about 11% per hour. This is the number I'm using for my timer "smartswitch" to get it up to 80-90% until they come out with a charge doctor for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Explains why the V10F feels more stable than the KS16, but doesn't explain why it feels better than the KS18S over rough roads.

Different rubber compositions.

The stock V10F Kenda tire is unlike any other Kenda I've ridden before, very bouncy and dense, like my fav Chao Yang tires, more rubber composition to both. 

The typical Kenda tire is very hollow and bouncy, less rubber / more synthetics (adds to durability), not very comfortable for bumps. If you replaced the KS18S tire with the right Chao Yang 18" x 2.5", you'll be surprised how different the shock absorption feel is.

• Like 3