New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 minute ago, em1barns said:

I am keeping my v10f order right now, just hoping this is the case, indeed.

Other new wheels are too heavy for me, anyway, having to carry them 2 floors up and down multiple times a day. Plus I don’t want more than 40km/h, and don’t want to be tempted...

V10F is arguably the heaviest wheel in its class. I would not want to carry mine up and down 2 floors.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, em1barns said:

I am keeping my v10f order right now, just hoping this is the case, indeed.

Other new wheels are too heavy for me, anyway, having to carry them 2 floors up and down multiple times a day. Plus I don’t want more than 40km/h, and don’t want to be tempted...

Temptation I do find hard to resist, on a serious note I love me some reserves.

Carry the wheel through stairs though, I do it too and it's taxing but see it is daily training if cannot hit the gym. ?

4 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

Actually it's a problem for some V10, and yes all the motors from that vendor had been returned back to them, and we've got this problem done last month. 

Bob, being my V10F was one of the first batches you sent out I’m concerned the same bearing issues will develop. I bounce between 3 wheels so I may not have the same mileage as other members. What is my warranty?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, em1barns said:

You can brake beyond regen braking limit. Regeneration is limited at around 300w if I recall properly, but you can use the full EUC power to brake, our wheels are direction-agnostic. Otherwise, we could not perform emergency stops, which would be dangerous.

I will retry the hill with this in mind in the future. I am a newer rider but I was leaning back as much as I felt comfortable but again this is a really steep hill and I wouldn't want to walk it even. 

1 hour ago, scap said:

I will retry the hill with this in mind in the future. I am a newer rider but I was leaning back as much as I felt comfortable but again this is a really steep hill and I wouldn't want to walk it even. 

Work on your foot position. A forward position seems to make a smoother ride but poorer breaking. You could always try staggering your feet with one forward on the pedal and one more towards the back. Play with positioning a test acceleration and breaking. 

2 hours ago, scap said:

Take a pic from this hill.And post it here.

11 hours ago, beast@tanagra said:

V10F is arguably the heaviest wheel in its class. I would not want to carry mine up and down 2 floors.

There is no other 17 inches wheel, so right now it stands in between 16 inches and 18 inches wheels in terms of weight (with 2000w engine and 1000wh battery).

3 hours ago, Jrosenzweig said:

Hi @Bobwheel since you have identified the particular motor with the bearing issue will you have the capability to notify those with the affected first batch V10F that could have a defective bearing? Thanks, Jason

That is a very good point! InMotion should be tracking all the serial numbers and be able to recall the wheels by contacting the concerned owners. That will be the right way to do it once they have replacement wheels or parts on hand.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Fastmike said:

That is a very good point! InMotion should be tracking all the serial numbers and be able to recall the wheels by contacting the concerned owners. That will be the right way to do it once they have replacement wheels or parts on hand.

Yes, I agree. I want to know if my wheel was made with the potential wheel bearing issue so I can take action sooner than later.

• Like 1

I managed to overheat the V10F while idling.  16 minutes?  ~145F.  I thought it would be higher :(  It was difficult to do the idling continuously like on the KS16, I had to hold on to a fence after a while.  It took me 5 minutes on the KS16.  LOL

So the cooling or the power management for acceleration seems to be better on the V10F making harder to idle and easy to over when changing direction as in braking.

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I managed to overheat the V10F while idling.  16 minutes?  ~145F.  I thought it would be higher :(  It was difficult to do the idling continuously like on the KS16, I had to hold on to a fence after a while.  It took me 5 minutes on the KS16.  LOL

So the cooling or the power management for acceleration seems to be better on the V10F making harder to idle and easy to over when changing direction as in braking.

Do you think its harder to idle because of the slower initial acceleration?    I can idle a little bit on my 14c, but its much harder on the v10f.

4 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

Do you think its harder to idle because of the slower initial acceleration?    I can idle a little bit on my 14c, but its much harder on the v10f.

yes, it is the way they manage the acceleration.  it is also easier on a smaller wheel.  this is a little on the big side compare to the 16 i was doing.

I'm gonna post this here as well as it might, depending on how you look at it, be a SAFETY ISSUE if your V10F lost all it's system sounds. Looks like the new version of the InMotion Android App supports the V10F for uploading system sounds and the SYSTEM SOUNDS cost zero LeCoin so it's free to download and upload. 

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/10008-inmotion-app-for-android/?do=findComment&comment=167624

Edited by maltocs
  • Like 2

Does anyone have pics of the final version of the V10F board?

The ones here below show the V10 vs the Z10. The Ninebot looks much neater and better made but I suspect the V10 picture not being the production definitive board.

Thanks

V10.JPG

Z10.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wait, what?  :blink: Oh scap!   That's quite worrisome.  How heavy are you and what kind of downhill grade are we talking about here?  You should be able to come to a full stop even on a very steep hill.  I've zoomed down at about 40 kph on a medium downhill on my Tesla, but I can still brake to a stop with about 167 lbs of rider weight.  Are you saying there was no way to slow down? 

Where I like there are hills that I can't stop on while riding down... Currently that is... It will be interesting to see how that changes when I have a selection of test wheels to try.

#MoreWheelsThanMarty!

• Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, WARPed1701D said:

You may have a bad charger that isn't topping the cells off fully and then allowing the BMS to balance them all resulting in weak cells. Can you measure the charger output voltage? 

Yeah.. I can do that with a voltmeter, right?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Kael said:

Yeah.. I can do that with a voltmeter, right?

Can't you simply look on the charger itself?

2 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Does anyone have pics of the final version of the V10F board?

The ones here below show the V10 vs the Z10. The Ninebot looks much neater and better made but I suspect the V10 picture not being the production definitive board.

Thanks

V10.JPG

Z10.JPG

https://ecodrift.ru/wiki/monokolesa/predseriynyy_inmotion_v10f_ne_kataemsya_a_izuchaem_ustroystvo/

3 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I think it was to measure the actual output vs its rated output. It should be 84V at 1.5A, but the light goes green and it stops outputting 1.5A when my wheel is only at 85% battery.

• Upvote 1