Incredibly bad look for this community.

Roadpower

I don't know if anyone noticed this. About four weeks ago California asked people to stop charging their electric cars 5-10 pm because they do not have enough power. Likely a summer thing. Too many ACs running? Not enough unreliable energies? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

If I may, Shane is just being brutally honest about what (he) WE are ALL doing by participating in “modern” life, ie “consuming” our planet (living the dream). 
Some people are conscious of the truth, and some people ignore or deny the truth.

Shane spaeketh the truth.

Edit: And, smoking could be construed as a slow form of suicide, and or doing a “solid” for the planet.

Exactly. Some may not grasp @ShanesPlanetcinicysm thought which he always speaks raw truth.

We should ask re-start smoking and help Mother Earth get rid of us faster. 😁😁😁😁

• Like 3

Shane helps a lot of members here with their EUC problems, insightful observations, frank expressions.  

First world advanced countries are consuming much more than third world underdeveloped countries.  

Not sure scaring a little girl description acknowledges the severity. 

That high speed, the incredible proximity, intentional going through a red light, other pedestrians also already on the crossing.  

It could have been quite a few people killed or seriously injured.

The very disturbing attitudes in the comments of some who did not think it was a problem because no one was injured.

Thank you to Shane for his brutal honesty at times.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Perhaps a poor choice of words I used, but don't we somewhat expect me to do so? It does bother me that I am part of the problem. It also bothers me that I havent enough compassion in my character to be able to say that I DONT abuse the planet and be honest in saying so. I was born into a lifestyle that put humans first and the planet second. I honestly don't know how we could quit using up the planet in a way that cant be undone. I like to think population control is the first stage, but it goes against the very grain of freedom of reproduction. Yes, the way we 'destroy' the planet IS a disturbing thing. Its also distrubing that some of us choose to directly destroy our own species and the animals that inhabit it with us. My attempt was to merely point out that even uppity people who look down their noses at us meat eating, gas guzzling humans, are also part of the very problem as they view the rest of us with scorn. The only thing that bothers me worse than knowing I am part of the problem, is hipocrites that try to pretend that they arent. Driving an electric vehicle that relies on mining ore, formulating plastics and polluting the environs with tires and chemicals, is NOT enough cause to pat yourself on the back and pretend you are doing something 'good' for the planet. Whos doing the world less damage, a person who buys a new fancy 'green' car every 3 yrs, or the person who drives a car for 30+ years in an attempt to minimize the resources used in making another entire vehicle? Reuse vs new, vs recycle, who's the bad guy? Some of us are just plain owning up to the devastation we cause. I aint saying its right at all, Im just saying that if you think you arent part of the problem, you are simply lying on top of it all. I wonder, how 'responsible' is it being, to live in an area that cannot sustain human life without redirecting water, shipping in foods and basically reshaping the landscape? How responsible is it to ignore the obvious and still have children that increase an existing problem? How about using up ALL the local resources and then just moving to another area to help rid them of theirs faster too? What about buying devices from a country that is KNOWN to have little  regard for manufacturing cleanliness? I'd say that my loose (filterless) tobacco my 30 yr old car and my euc, is only a tiny part of a much larger and more sinister picture.

Have I left anyone out? If you arent offended, you probably should be. Its not nice to blame people for things....

Yup, smoking IS a slow form of suicide. It helps some farmers and hurts the user. it pollutes the air but lessens the population. Smoking is one of the pleasures that is somewhat still legal and that allows us to directly harm ourselves in the pursuit of enjoyment. If people are allowed to be obese, I should be allowed to smoke. They are and I do... I'd suspect some of the joy I get from smoking includes the disdain of others and the fact they cant do sh*t about it.:D

49 pages to go, im quite impressed!  The derail train has left the station and is picking up speed... At least its not a steam engine anymore, its  an environementally friendly electric train...:facepalm:

:blink1:

:clap3: *much applause*

:cheers:

• Like 1

I will say I have seen an EUC rider in my area in the bike lanes doing well over 40kmh. He was obviously fast, last time I saw him a car was trying to turn right and seemed confused that the rider was keeping pace with them. This is how problems happen. It's also interesting how big a person standing upright doing 45k plus looks, laden with gear.

If the EUCs keep getting faster, and riders obviously travel faster than the speed limited ebikes and person powered riders, it's just a mater of time before we get punted. It was a good thing for me to see actually, I'm going to set my beeper around 38 for any in city travel just to ensure I'm not drawing too much attention.

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Should the video be forwarded to the NYPD?

Snitches get stitches... :eff02be2d7:

No injuries, no hit and run, no property damage...no reason to even consider such a thing imho...:furious: 

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Well crap, that isnt going to make us 100 pages and where is the outrage? There is NO WAY you want me as the face of Unicycles.

For maximum outrage and to keep your face "unnoticed" perhaps you should try riding in a pink tutu!

I would be both offended and unable to look you in the face...

And for everyone out there with a good pictorial imagination - remember, you can't unsee what just popped into your brain. 

With that video and a few "cross-forum" posts, we should be well on the way to 100 pages.    :thumbup:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Perhaps a poor choice of words I used, but don't we somewhat expect me to do so? It does bother me that I am part of the problem. It also bothers me that I havent enough compassion in my character to be able to say that I DONT abuse the planet and be honest in saying so. I was born into a lifestyle that put humans first and the planet second. I honestly don't know how we could quit using up the planet in a way that cant be undone. I like to think population control is the first stage, but it goes against the very grain of freedom of reproduction. Yes, the way we 'destroy' the planet IS a disturbing thing. Its also distrubing that some of us choose to directly destroy our own species and the animals that inhabit it with us. My attempt was to merely point out that even uppity people who look down their noses at us meat eating, gas guzzling humans, are also part of the very problem as they view the rest of us with scorn. The only thing that bothers me worse than knowing I am part of the problem, is hipocrites that try to pretend that they arent. Driving an electric vehicle that relies on mining ore, formulating plastics and polluting the environs with tires and chemicals, is NOT enough cause to pat yourself on the back and pretend you are doing something 'good' for the planet. Whos doing the world less damage, a person who buys a new fancy 'green' car every 3 yrs, or the person who drives a car for 30+ years in an attempt to minimize the resources used in making another entire vehicle? Reuse vs new, vs recycle, who's the bad guy? Some of us are just plain owning up to the devastation we cause. I aint saying its right at all, Im just saying that if you think you arent part of the problem, you are simply lying on top of it all. I wonder, how 'responsible' is it being, to live in an area that cannot sustain human life without redirecting water, shipping in foods and basically reshaping the landscape? How responsible is it to ignore the obvious and still have children that increase an existing problem? How about using up ALL the local resources and then just moving to another area to help rid them of theirs faster too? What about buying devices from a country that is KNOWN to have little  regard for manufacturing cleanliness? I'd say that my loose (filterless) tobacco my 30 yr old car and my euc, is only a tiny part of a much larger and more sinister picture.

Have I left anyone out? If you arent offended, you probably should be. Its not nice to blame people for things....

Yup, smoking IS a slow form of suicide. It helps some farmers and hurts the user. it pollutes the air but lessens the population. Smoking is one of the pleasures that is somewhat still legal and that allows us to directly harm ourselves in the pursuit of enjoyment. If people are allowed to be obese, I should be allowed to smoke. They are and I do... I'd suspect some of the joy I get from smoking includes the disdain of others and the fact they cant do sh*t about it.:D

49 pages to go, im quite impressed!  The derail train has left the station and is picking up speed... At least its not a steam engine anymore, its  an environementally friendly electric train...:facepalm:

The problem with all of this is it just rationalizing doing nothing at all. 

If everyone does something, even something small, we'll begin to make headway on problems.

It's reasonable to work on some super-critical problems today, even knowing that other problems remain to be addressed later.

• Like 1

World Resources Institute

https://www.wri.org/

Founded: 1982
Expenses: 114 million USD

Non-profit organization
WRI works across a global network to develop practical solutions that improve people's lives and protect nature. We have more than 1,200 staff and offices in 12 countries: Brazil, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States

WRI is a global research organization that works with governments, businesses, multilateral institutions and civil society groups to develop practical solutions that improve people’s lives and protect nature. We organize our work around seven global challenges: Food, Forests, Water, Energy, Climate, the Ocean and Cities. We analyze these issues through the lenses of our four Centers of Excellence: Business, Economics, Finance and Equity.

• Like 1