Incredibly bad look for this community.

Roadpower

19 minutes ago, Eucner said:

So true. Common sense is something kids and young male adults are so famous off, that no rules are needed.

Gender and age are not really a clear definition of common sense.

gender debates could also use a little sense now and then.

common sense goes a long long way. It’s a really forgotten skill forgotten as it’s not taught on Reddit or Facebook. It’s learned by living, risk and reflection. 

Edited by Forwardnbak
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I honestly find it weird that people on here hate the idea of discussing bad behaviour on EUC's even though the end result impacts us all. I really find it weird that people derail the thread with a discussion on gun control. There's nothing wrong with people digressing on threads but here it seems to be very deliberate attempt to derail the main discussion. Could a moderator simply remove those posts that have nothing to do with the topic?

@mike_bike_kite I have been one taking part in that derail and my apologies. I was just bored since the was no hot discussion going on at the moment. 😁

I have all the interest in keeping the topic on track, as you may have read on my previous interventions. 

Portugal will eventually have the same witch hunt and I'm expecting the worst possible scenario, due to our almost 1000 year old bureaucracy stupidity.

Just be clear, from January this year and from day one I came into this hobby, I've been 100% in favor of licensing and insurance. This is my position on the matter and I won't budge and you have my full support. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Menace said:

To be fair, gun control is sort of related. I actually enjoy this thread because there are interesting random things that come up. Besides, we've got to get to 100 pages :)

100 pages... 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

12 hours ago, Tawpie said:

we could talk about how failure to maintain your battery the way I think you should maintain your battery is directly contributing to EUC riders getting a reputation as an unrepentant mob of science-denyers that is raping the planet to get their precious lithium batteries just so they can act like a bunch of hooligans.

Good point... 😁

3 hours ago, Treatz said:

When this thread started, the concern from many in this community was that unsafe riding behaviors would lead to negative consequences—such as potential legal restrictions. It could not have been made more clear that this thread was about unsafe riding behaviors and the negative consequences that could likely result.

But then a few persistent individuals insisted that such concerns were unfounded, dismissed any such concerns as silly and ironically complained that they were being victimized (by those pleading for civility). Repeatedly, they were asked to stay on topic and repeatedly they denied, distracted and derailed. When challenged, some were antagonistic and rude.

Now that we’re 39 pages along, we’re finding out that the concerns were not unfounded at all. 

Is that inaccurate?

No. Spot on.

• Like 2

Yeah, I think they write off many new things as too difficult or dangerous. Just because the person writing the laws thinks he/she couldn't ride an euc/hoverboard/eskate/etc doesn't mean nobody can.

What we need is Elon Musk running the country (he seems to want to do good). He would fix a lot of problems. The problem is that no single person can really do much with our system (also a very good thing in certain cases...). I've actually wondered what it would be like if someone good took over the government, made themselves dictator, fixed problems (Legalize PEVs, goodbye coal, goodbye Mark Zuckerberg, goodbye crooked politicians, goodbye homelessness, goodbye private healthcare, etc), and then reinstated a fair government:ph34r:; don't worry FBI, I'm not going to do it. 

Alright, lets see what kind of stir this causes on the thread...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Menace said:

What we need is Elon Musk running the country

I’d gladly take Elon as a dictator of the whole world. Boy would a lot of things change for the better!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

the slave trade/minning of lithium and the carbon used to get the material, kind of negates ANY of us pretending to be 'green' about the whole thing

Yeah, this is the dark side of EV's. I don't like to think about it, but it is there.:cry2: At least it is less than owning an electric car, and the batteries can be recycled.

Edited by Menace
  • Like 2

We could be so much greener just going more localized with out economies. It should be cheaper for all the parts of my suit to come from so many far away places to finally get assembled halfway around the world only to have the final product shipped to the states. 

My gas engine car feels very green in the presence of my Amazon buying addiction.

60 pages to go!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

If I was asked what I want to be hit by at 50mph I would choose EUC over a car, or bus, or train. 
they seem like a safer option to me than what is currently being used.

also, as I was in the air prior to death.

I could feel better about the accident knowing it left no carbon imprint on the planet. 

😂😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I dunno, the slave trade/minning of lithium and the carbon used to get the material, kind of negates ANY of us pretending to be 'green' about the whole thing. Nothing comes for free, tis a folly to assume otherwise :)  My wheels get recharged with both coal and nuclear energy... I wonder how much carbon cremation creates? I hear you fart when you die too, increasing methane problems...:D

The only thing green about me, is the $$ in my wallet and my color when I try to fly stuff. I make no excuses, I rape the planet for my own enjoyment. It is what it is and I'll smoke to that! :eff02be2d7:

One well be riding o  EUCs powered by hydrogen. Well just have to go by any beach a refill the water tank. 😊

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

https://www.overshootday.org/about-earth-overshoot-day/

Earth Overshoot Day marks the date when humanity’s demand for ecological resources and services in a given year exceeds what Earth can regenerate in that year. We maintain this deficit by liquidating stocks of ecological resources and accumulating waste, primarily carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Earth Overshoot Day is hosted and calculated by Global Footprint Network, an international research organization that provides decision-makers with a menu of tools to help the human economy operate within Earth’s ecological limits.

Earth Overshoot Day marks the date when humanity's demand for ecological resources and services in a given year exceeds what Earth can regenerate in that year. In 2021, it fell on July 29.

For soe reason in the past 3 years the weather, particularly the Summer weather, ha completu flipped on many parts of the pla

JULY 2021:

-Central Europe with killer floods

-Northern Siberia with uncontrollable wildfires

- Canada with brutal heatwaves

- Snow in Brasil

... And so forth.... 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I make no excuses, I rape the planet for my own enjoyment. It is what it is and I'll smoke to that! :eff02be2d7:

This is far more to disturbing to me than pretty much anything else that has been said here, or any of the associated videos. But people seem relatively okay with it.

It's unforgiveable to scare a little girl, but okay to destroy the planet she hopes to live in.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

It's unforgiveable to scare a little girl, but okay to destroy the planet she hopes to live in.

I have to agree with you 

ShanesPlanet, quit molesting the planet, please!    And also, let’s ride EUC’s in ways that do not unnecessarily put people at risk or fear.

If we can all agree to those things then this thread may just all work out in the end.

• Like 3