Incredibly bad look for this community.

Roadpower

2 hours ago, enaon said:

This is clearly a proof of supression, just hear the tone of his voice when he says "go left". The poor girl. :(

thumbs up for the s18, very sexy wheel. 

Where's the outrage for improper use of hand signals while running stop signs? For those that don't know, USA hand signals are ALL done with the left hand and for good reason.  Blinking red light during the day... classic! Only thing troubling to me, is lack of bending the knees. Well, and it makes me feel too creepy to watch for long atall.:huh:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Where's the outrage for improper use of hand signals while running stop signs? For those that don't know, USA hand signals are ALL done with the left hand and for good reason.  Blinking red light during the day... classic! Only thing troubling to me, is lack of bending the knees. Well, and it makes me feel too creepy to watch for long atall.:huh:

I like creepy 😜😜😜😜😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winterwheel said:

Walking is actually less energy-efficient than riding a wheel.

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

One of my posts expanded on that idea, but I removed it. I was wondering how much more food I would need eat, to walk, and how the resources would add up, depending on what kind of food. Most Amercians have plenty of storage on their bodies, I would suspect that walking for them, wouldnt be wasting resources, until the spare tire they carry is gone? Is consumption of oxygen part of the equation? Then theres tha argument of which is worse, commercial food industy or electrical industry. DO we count the resources used in manpower when installing electrical grids? WAY too many factors for me to even try to make sense of it.

I was immediately thinking along these same lines at the time. :efef3d5527: But I needed @ShanesPlanet to write it down in a way that only he can.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Treatz said:

Do you believe that EUC riders should be considerate of the safety of other people?

Yes, Absolutely!

Just don’t be a an  authoritarian, director douche-rocket about it. 

Also, by all means, don’t act like a “Creeper” when trying to address a “safety concern”……. with WOMEN riders. This is exactly what @CarlWgot called out for on the FB version of this forum. Women, another famous EUC rider as well as other male riders jumped on his case for this. Carl was not aware of the fact, his comments literally say; “this woman is an object and you’re not taking good care of it”.  THAT, was the problem. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, enaon said:

Please post a video of sumakos's girlfriend, so we can judge if she has a nice ass. For safety reasons. 

Really? WOW…so this is why most  of all women riders are just a bit concerned entering this male dominated community, while there is a small potion of women riders who figured out that y’all are financial opportunities for their Only Fans accounts. 

What a great look for our scene. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, enaon said:

This is clearly a proof of supression, just hear the tone of his voice when he says "go left". The poor girl. :(

thumbs up for the s18, very sexy wheel. 

Oh wait, the same dude who wanted to judge a woman’s ass is, now, a Male Feminist? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Sex sells. Its a double edged sword. Some women want to capitalize on selling to men and the image of sex, others find it offensive to be seen as such. Who really knows which is which, until you get called out for ignoring a scantily clad woman, or called out for staring at one.

See the easy answer here is: “You can look but don’t stare. Also you can look but don’t tell the woman rider how she should be dressing, armoring or protecting herself, or even worse; be a total jackass and tell her boyfriend that it is HIS responsibility to make sure she dresses in the afore mentioned way. That’s what happened with CarlW. 

You live, you learn, eventually, like CarlW, you will do better. 

To bottom line this, you see a woman on an EUC joining your local community, treat her with the same decency and respect you would treat your brothers in this sport. It’s all really really REALLY simple. Not hard at all. Except for the “Male Feminist” dealing with onset “Hard-On Guilt”.

Edited by Sumako
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I was thinking about new punishments for people that misbehave on this thread. I think a few people here just need a big hug. ......and If not, a hug from me would serve as a good punishment. :barf:

Beeeeautiful 😂😂😂😂😂😂

29 minutes ago, Sumako said:

See the easy answer here is: “You can look but don’t stare. Also you can look but don’t tell the woman rider how she should be dressing, armoring or protecting herself, or even worse; be a total jackass and tell her boyfriend that it is HIS responsibility to make sure she dresses in the afore mentioned way. That’s what happened with CarlW. 

To bottom line this, you see a woman on an EUC joining your local community, treat her with the same decency and respect you would treat your brothers in this sport. It’s all really really REALLY simple. Not hard at all. Except for the “Male Feminist” dealing with onset “Hard-On Guilt”.

And therein lies the rub. I treat men in a way that would be intolerable with MOST women. Its sexist, but I find one has to treat women with MORE respect and more carefully at times. In an all is equal scenario, I'd be cussing the women, making fun of body types, calling them out for being timid and the basic stuff I can get away with, were she male. Equality means I'd have to be willing to fist fight her if she insults or provokes me with that intent?   But life doesnt work out that way. I am convinced that men and women ARE different. Physically and mentally. Neither superior as a whole, but definitely not the same. As such, I find they interpet things differently and can't be treated exactly the same. I make no excuses for having a somewhat conservative view when it comes to households. I make no excuses for only viewing thru my own biases. However, I don't think I need to do better, either. In my house, it is MY responsibility to protect my wife. We are somewhat old fashioned and have each learned our place in the relationship. We both have our strengths and weaknesses. I would not be offended should someone mention that perhaps I should try and protect my wife. Of course, it would have to end with the mere suggestion. Fwiw, I have informed my wife of the dangers of riding gearless. She accepts those risks, and in the end, MY duty to protect, falls short of her freedom to be wreckless.

As for what you encountered with CarlW, I have zero opionion about it and don't even know what you are referring to. Tbh, I don't really want to know either. I'm pretty certain he means no malice and also sees things from his own bias. I imagine we all see things differently, and perhaps the internet is a breeding ground for misunderstanding and poor communication skills.

ANyhow, I'd imagine I have stated WAY more than you have implied. I also mean no attack on you or your opinions. I merely am expressing mine and agree or not, you are entitled to yours. Hell, I'd love to hear them. I also aint siding with anyone but myself here. I've no allegiance to you or Carl, and want to be clear that I have absolutely ZERO usefull opinon about what transpires where I don't hang out. If you ask me, I think we are ALL a**holes. We are all equally wretched humans. Its like trying to decide which pile of crap stinks worse.... :efefa6edcf:

We're going to have to do much better than this tho. We're not hardly half way there, and nobody seems nearly mad enough to get this train running down the tracks. I'm running out of ideas. I've already called humans names, I've said that people with legs are wrethced (or someshit), I've contstantly derailed and undermined the topic. I've probably contradicted myself a million times. Wasnt there imagery of pink tutu's recently? I mean damn, whats a man gotta do to get 10 pages of irate people cursing him? I bet the problem is, most people are simply ignoring this thread, as they should be...

@Paulo Mesquita yeah, the eye candy is strong on mike's channel(is that sexist to say?). Of course, he's candy for ladies and poses like a model. I dont feel too badly about watching his vids, as I kind of 'know' the guy and he's no purist or idiot.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sumako said:

@sumaku, now, not goofing around about the video I honestly have to say that I do feel the lack of protection of Petra freaks me out.

Maybe because I'm an old fart that knows that whatever I break now... doesn't get fuzzed any more. 

I see that Petra is an excellent rider and that she clearly knows what she's doing... but they are cars and trick on the road and we can never guess what some idiot driver might do. And if the human body is z fragile thing against the metal of a car, this lady's slim body is even more. 

In truth this is what is creepy to me. I'm watching the video already hoping she doesn't get hit or fall. And I keep getting flashbsck of all the painful falls I've had since last January when I started EUC riding. 

BTW, having been married 4 times I too follow @ShanesPlanettechnique of glancing and not starting. It's pure survival instinct.

😉😉😉😉

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

@sumaku, now, not goofing around about the video I honestly have to say that I do feel the lack of protection of Petra freaks me out.

BTW, having been married 4 times I too follow @ShanesPlanettechnique of glancing and not starting. It's pure survival instinct.

Trust me bro, they are both WELL aware and she gets pestered a lot. Some of us (me included) just HAVE to learn the hard way. Some of us never do. I typically watch and just assume she wont fall, or it would be in the title...

4 times? Sounds like you missed a few 'survival instincts' bro.  Wait, was that too much? Nah, your fifth wife is gna find it hilarious!:roflmao:

NOW I see why you selling so many houses.... cuz you don't dare have any in your name!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sumako said:

Oh wait, the same dude who wanted to judge a woman’s ass is, now, a Male Feminist? 

I am from Athens, irony runs in my vains, we don't all need to have the same sence of humor, do we? :)

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

And therein lies the rub. I treat men in a way that would be intolerable with MOST women. Its sexist, but I find one has to treat women with MORE respect and more carefully at times. In an all is equal scenario, I'd be cussing the women, making fun of body types, calling them out for being timid and the basic stuff I can get away with, were she male. Equality means I'd have to be willing to fist fight her if she insults or provokes me with that intent?   But life doesnt work out that way. I am convinced that men and women ARE different. Physically and mentally. Neither superior as a whole, but definitely not the same. As such, I find they interpet things differently and can't be treated exactly the same. I make no excuses for having a somewhat conservative view when it comes to households. I make no excuses for only viewing thru my own biases. However, I don't think I need to do better, either. In my house, it is MY responsibility to protect my wife. We are somewhat old fashioned and have each learned our place in the relationship. We both have our strengths and weaknesses. I would not be offended should someone mention that perhaps I should try and protect my wife. Of course, it would have to end with the mere suggestion. Fwiw, I have informed my wife of the dangers of riding gearless. She accepts those risks, and in the end, MY duty to protect, falls short of her freedom to be wreckless.

As for what you encountered with CarlW, I have zero opionion about it and don't even know what you are referring to. Tbh, I don't really want to know either. I'm pretty certain he means no malice and also sees things from his own bias. I imagine we all see things differently, and perhaps the internet is a breeding ground for misunderstanding and poor communication skills.

ANyhow, I'd imagine I have stated WAY more than you have implied. I also mean no attack on you or your opinions. I merely am expressing mine and agree or not, you are entitled to yours. Hell, I'd love to hear them. I also aint siding with anyone but myself here. I've no allegiance to you or Carl, and want to be clear that I have absolutely ZERO usefull opinon about what transpires where I don't hang out. If you ask me, I think we are ALL a**holes. We are all equally wretched humans. Its like trying to decide which pile of crap stinks worse.... :efefa6edcf:

We're going to have to do much better than this tho. We're not hardly half way there, and nobody seems nearly mad enough to get this train running down the tracks. I'm running out of ideas. I've already called humans names, I've said that people with legs are wrethced (or someshit), I've contstantly derailed and undermined the topic. I've probably contradicted myself a million times. Wasnt there imagery of pink tutu's recently? I mean damn, whats a man gotta do to get 10 pages of irate people cursing him? I bet the problem is, most people are simply ignoring this thread, as they should be...

Patience @ShanesPlanet, patience... We get to the 100 pages. Just keep on "spreading the word" 😉.

As for men and women being equal, but totally different, I fully agree. 

Here is the paradigm of this fact: we men, sometimes, are just sitting and chilling with nothing on our minds. Along comes the better half and asks: "what are you thinking about.?"

Innocently and distractedly we answer:"nothing... "...and the storm begins:"how can you not be thinking? You HAVE to be thinking of something! No one sits around not thinking about anything!" 

And if we're stupid enough, we insist: "but I wasn't thinking". And then we get hammered for another half hour... 

Men are from Mars and women from Venus. We are two races that were placed on this earth by the gods, just for their entertainment, while they see if we can get along and make peace. 

Cruel gods they are... 😂😂😂😂😂... said Master Yoda. 

• Like 3